jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (14 posts)

Quote of the Day - Pele

1. Kenna McHugh profile image88
    Kenna McHughposted 2 months ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13904197.jpg
    "Success is no accident. It is hard work, perseverance, learning, studying, sacrifice and most of all, love of what you are doing or learning to do."
    --Pele

2. paradigmsearch profile image92
    paradigmsearchposted 2 months ago

And that is the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth. Find what you love and you have found your career.

Kenna McHughposted 2 months agoin reply to this

The key is to find what you love and go from there.

1. paradigmsearch profile image92
        paradigmsearchposted 2 months agoin reply to this

With me it was computer programming. Now it is writing. Somehow the writing hasn't turned out to be quite as prosperous. big_smile

But it do bring in money every month.

Writing is a lot of work, truly.  Look at how many words Dicken's wrote in a day, amazing. I believe it was in the thousands Anne Rice, 3000. Twain, 1400.

3. Gregory DeVictor profile image95
    Gregory DeVictorposted 2 months ago

Fantastic quote. Yes, writing is difficult and requires a constructive use of time, effort, and energy. HubPages has exceptionally high standards which sets mediocrity apart from excellence, or vice versa.

I am glad you like the quote.  Growing up, I was amazed by Pele. Such talent and he made it look so easy. Behind all that ease was a tremendous amount of hard work and dedication.

4. gmwilliams profile image83
    gmwilliamsposted 2 months ago

This is so true.  Many people want to be successful but are loathe to strategize & put in the time to achieve their goals.  They feel that success is easy but it ISN'T. They want to exert the minimum effort possible yet want success. GO FIGURE.

1. threekeys profile image81
      threekeysposted 2 months agoin reply to this

I dont know about the success part; and some people do get lucky breaks and the doors open, just like Bill Gates. But with anything you strive for, it takes years and years of effort and application. Doing what you enjoy doing helps a lot to stay motivated. Finding what you love may not ever make money though. Then it becomes a hobby and stays that way.
      Realistic quote Kenna. Many thanks.

You're welcome for the quote.  I agree. Once the door is open, you have to be ready to deliver the goods. : )

5. Miebakagh57 profile image44
    Miebakagh57posted 2 months ago

Success is more than a reward. It is earned.

6. Kenna McHugh profile image88
    Kenna McHughposted 2 months ago

So, true.

7. Miebakagh57 profile image44
    Miebakagh57posted 2 months ago

It will include being passionate.

8. Gregory DeVictor profile image95
    Gregory DeVictorposted 2 months ago

"HubPages is a network of sites where people write about their passions!"

working