amazon capsule won't load

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (25 posts)
  1. CatherineGiordano profile image76
    CatherineGiordanoposted 6 years ago

Last night I couldn't get an amazon capsule to appear in my new hub. I kept getting a message that says "Something went wrong..." I need this capsule to show the product I am talking about in my hub.

1. Teeuwynn Woodruff profile image90
      Teeuwynn Woodruffposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I'm having the same issue this morning. I think something must be wrong at Hubpages.

CatherineGiordanoposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Thanks. This is a nuisance. I am now delayed in publishing my new hub.

1. Ladymermaid profile image84
          Ladymermaidposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I was thinking they were no longer going to allow amazon because every time I have 1 product on the article they revise and remove it no matter how strongly related it is. They definitely discourage it. Very frustrating as those extra pennies add up.

1. lobobrandon profile image88
            lobobrandonposted 6 years agoin reply to this

You need to make sure you say something about the product too. It being relevant alone doesn't make the cut anymore.

1. Teeuwynn Woodruff profile image90
              Teeuwynn Woodruffposted 6 years agoin reply to this

That's not the issue. It just isn't allowing a Amazon capsule to be created at all right now.  : (

I replied to ladymermaid and not the original post smile

When the discovered the amazon capsule was inoperative and was still inoperative the next day, I thought this was maybe HP's subte way of letting us know they didn't want amazon capusles to be used anymore. Maybe I missed the notification.  I finished my hub using in-text links so I haven't tried to use an amazon capsule. I really needed the links because I was describing a unique way to use certain products and the link was needed so people could see the full description. Also I took the pictures fro the amazon site and I didn't think that was fair to do unless I linked to the product.

2. Ladymermaid profile image84
                  Ladymermaidposted 6 years agoin reply to this

smile  It's a mystery!

2. Christy Kirwan profile image91
      Christy Kirwanposted 6 years agoin reply to this

This should be fixed, thanks for your patience, everyone.

Thanks for letting us know.

2. aesta1 profile image92
    aesta1posted 6 years ago

I just revised an article and there was one Amazon capsule in it and it passed QAP.

3. Samantha Sinclair profile image54
    Samantha Sinclairposted 6 years ago

Hubpages does not get any money from Amazon ads. While Amazon was happy to provide this information to me, Hubpages staff ignored my question when I asked if this was why Amazon ads are being snipped, even when the product is clearly mentioned/referenced in the Hub.

That's the wrong information. HP has their affiliate ID show up 40% of the time, and this can be confirmed even today if you look at the affiliate ID on the links on any hub that has Amazon links. What Amazon told you is that HP does not get any cut from your payments, this is true. They just place their links there 40% of the time. It is not revenue sharing, it is a share of the number of times your link shows compared to the number of times the link from HP shows.

1. Samantha Sinclair profile image54
        Samantha Sinclairposted 6 years agoin reply to this

What Amazon said:

"Hubpages would not earn any fees for visitors clicking on affiliate links just the associate, that may be the problem.

We’re unable to comment on or interpret another company's terms and conditions in any way; we recommend directing your question to them because we do not have an agreement with Hubpages."

Yes, this is exactly in line with what I said. HP does not get a cut from our links. This is why they place their own links 40% of the time.

Unfortunately, when I asked Robin Edmondson if Hubpages was automatically removing Amazon ads because Hubpages makes no money on those ads, she chose to ignore the question. If Hubpages does make money on those ads, wouldn't it make sense for her to say something instead of letting me continue to believe they make no money on those ads?

You cannot expect the HP staff to get back to you regarding questions that are already answered on the HP learning center.

Actually, they copy and paste policy info all the time in responses. Why couldn't she copy and paste that? Robin's job is (or was - she has stopped replying to me, now making me wonder if she is no longer employed here) to educate. When your email gets forwarded to her to deal with, you do expect answers.

Also, you need to keep in mind that they were at a conference the past week. Plus, contacting staff via email is something you do when you cannot post or ask the same thing in public on the forums.

I was last in communication with Robin the first week of March. And, staff contacted me via email.
                    By the way, forums are not a great place to ask questions that you need concrete answers to, unless there is staff moderating and answering questions.

4. psycheskinner profile image84
    psycheskinnerposted 6 years ago

This is correct.  The Amazon link changes with each reload of the page.  60% of the time it shows your affiliate ID, 40% of the time is shows Hubpages affiliate ID.  You can check this by hitting 'show source code' and reloading the page a few times.  Amazon is not involved in this, they just process each sales royalty under the account it was earned by.

Thanks for explaining this. I never knew how this worked. I used in text links because the capsules are inoperative.

5. dwelburn profile image91
    dwelburnposted 6 years ago

Do you think it would be better to just use in-text links for your Amazon products instead of the capsules? I've read elsewhere that many contributors are abandoning the capsules. I'd like to find some HP information on how they should be used though, and so far I haven't been able to.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)