editing

Jump to Last Post 1-2 of 2 discussions (8 posts)
  1. Jeffery A Kipferl profile image69
    Jeffery A Kipferlposted 5 years ago

how do I edit my article, that I was told I need improving?

1. Margie Lynn profile image90
      Margie Lynnposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Hi -- I like the idea of cabbage lasagna. Good-looking recipe!

If I were you, I'd add some photos. I would go to pixabay.com, which has tons of photos that are free and okay to use on HubPages. Register for a free account and search for "lasagna." You'll find lots of great photos to use in your article to spice it up.

Also I would change your headlines. Look at some other high-rated recipes and see what those people do.

Goodluck to you!

2. Natalie Frank profile image92
      Natalie Frankposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Where's the link?  If you provide it you'll get a lot more responses.

3. theraggededge profile image96
      theraggededgeposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Go to your stats page: https://hubpages.com/my/hubs/stats

You'll see your article with a little pencil on the left side of the title. Click on that and you'll be taken into Edit mode, which you should recognize from when you first wrote it. Each capsule (text, image, or whatever) has the facility to be edited individually. Make sure you click on Save on the capsule when you are done. Then on Done Editing at the top of the page.

This might help you: https://hubpageshelp.com/content/Learni … ng-hubtool

Good luck.

PS, you can't take images from other websites and republish them here. You have to use either your own photo, or a Creative Commons licensed one. The photo you are using clearly has a copyright imprint on it.

The recipe looks good smile

4. Jean Bakula profile image92
      Jean Bakulaposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I don't usually publish recipes. But the one time I did, I had all the ingredients out on my counter and table, and took pictures of them. Then I kept taking pictures now and then at different steps of preparing the dish. You decide what points are most important.

So you need to prepare it again, and take pictures. Then plate it up nicely and be sure to take a picture of that. It's the easiest way to get good pictures.

1. Jeffery A Kipferl profile image69
        Jeffery A Kipferlposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thankx I finally figured it out

2. Natalie Frank profile image92
    Natalie Frankposted 5 years ago

Okay - I see you only have the one article so it's easy enough to locate.

I don't see anything huge but a couple of things would strengthen it.

1) Subheadings- Don't use the first one, just start with an intro which doesn't need a heading.  I agree about the others - you want them to be searchable so do some keyword research to determine what subheadings to use.  When I searched cabbage lasagna I came up with 7,330,000 results so you need high frequency low competition keywords for you title, subheadings, text and picture captions.  I would put cabbage in the title.

2)Use the recipe template so it conforms with the format HP wants.

3)Make it yourself and take your own pictures.  That way they will exactly match what you are saying in the article and you won't have to worry about finding good CC photos.  You could even do almost a pictorial recipe if it seems worth it giving extra advice on, for example, how to separate cabbage leaves and then the major steps in the recipe as you put the dish together with a final shot of the finished meal. 

3)Think of ways to make your recipe unique - what side dishes might you serve with it?  Are there ways to change the recipe slightly and make it for other audiences such as  vegetarians, using a meat substitute or just leaving it out and adding something else like diced eggplant or squash, or find shortcuts to make it quicker and easier?

4)I think the main thing I'd say is it's a bit odd.  You spend a lot of time on what went wrong then after saying it was initially uneatable you stuck it in the fridge for two day, took it out and cooked it another hour then it was great.  Since this isn't something you would recommend you should change this.  Since I'm sure others don't understand how to separate the cabbage leaves or that not cooking them properly can lead to a dish that no one wants to eat (the best way is to core it then immerse it in boiling water for 2-3 minutes until the outer leaves start coming off and then do it again to separate the rest - this also serves to start cooking them and decreases your cooking time) you might want to start with a paragraph just describing what went wrong without spending so much time on it.  I would then say you started over as the in the fridge for two days things doesn't really add practical value. 

The other way to go is just to leave that part out and include more information on how to make sure the cabbage is tender. One trick I use is after I have all the leaves separated, I put them in a colander and pour boiling water over them then let them drain while I'm mixing up the rest. Another trick is to make sure you have sauce under and on top of the cabbage layer which serves to further "boil" it as it cooks and again decreases the cooking time.  I tried this recipe (without the meat) and only needed to cook it for 20 minutes with another five under the broiler to brown.  And my prep time was only about 25 minutes.

5) The other thing you'll want to consider is now to make it a bit different from the other millions of versions out there.  RIght now it's pretty much the same as many of the others that I looked at.  What unique ingredients can you add?  Caramelized onion (with a description of how to caramelize onion)? Diced red or yellow peppers? Different spices such as dash of cinnamon?  Add Worcestershire sauce to the ground beef?  You need to have something that makes it different especially since recipes don't do so well on HP and when you have over 7 million competitors already out there ranking you'll never gain traction if it doesn't somehow stand out.

The only other thing I'd say is there are some word choices that could be better and it could use another proof read.  Read it out loud to see what it sounds like and to decide on word choice and catch errors you may not have previously.  Also  - a minor point but there is extra space after the first paragraph and extra spacing after prep time 1 hour (though if you use the template this will be taken care of for you).  If you choose not to use the template, put prep time, cook time, servings etc up top as that's something people want to know right away when choosing a recipe.

Hope this helps.  Good luck.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)