HubPages Wants to Bring Back Old Installments

Jump to Last Post 1-11 of 11 discussions (20 posts)
  1. Kenna McHugh profile image92
    Kenna McHughposted 5 years ago

HubPages plans on posting updates more regularly and wants to focus on a wider range of topics. They want to bring back some old installments like “Hubber to Hubber.” I don't remember "Hubber to Hubber." Does anyone know what that was?

They are also looking for suggestions, and we can post them on the forum.

2. FatFreddysCat profile image95
    FatFreddysCatposted 5 years ago

Bring back the "Hub of the Day!"

3. janshares profile image91
    jansharesposted 5 years ago

If my memory serves me right, I recall "Hubber to Hubber" was a feature article where one hubber would interview another hubber and write a hub about said hubber.

1. lobobrandon profile image87
      lobobrandonposted 5 years agoin reply to this

If I also recall that was something that lasted maybe a few weeks or months at most, correct? Was not really the most useful thing they had imo.

1. samanthacubbison profile image82
        samanthacubbisonposted 5 years agoin reply to this

@lobobrandon It ran in the newsletter for a while. smile Yes, it was basically an interview orchestrated by two authors. It was a great way for people to get to know each other/ get involved with our community projects.

@FatFreddysCat, maybe we can compromise on that and do one Hub a week? Ha.

Okay, it being in the newsletter makes more sense. Good job on trying to revive the social aspects of HP smile

2. Kenna McHugh profile image92
          Kenna McHughposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Hub a week is a good idea. Or, carry it over to something the niche sites. "Niche Hubber of the Week/Month."  So, we get to know more about niche sites.

4. EricDockett profile image96
    EricDockettposted 5 years ago

Where did they say this?

5. Kenna McHugh profile image92
  6. TessSchlesinger profile image60
    TessSchlesingerposted 5 years ago

One thing I miss is not having my articles in categories on my profile (Hubpages had that at one point). It's much easier to see what one is writing about when one has written more articles than one can keep track off.

7. EricDockett profile image96
    EricDockettposted 5 years ago

I don't know how I missed that in the newsletter.

When I first started here I won a couple of HubNuggets on my first account. It was extremely motivating and really kept me going through the time when I wasn't sure I knew what I was doing. I think it would be great to see those come back as a way to encourage newbies.

8. Will Apse profile image89
    Will Apseposted 5 years ago

They single out a newbie in the newsletter (every week, I think). Maybe give the writer a slot on the front page.  Save some work.

We should probably be more generous in our appreciation, too.

You could also schedule achievement announcements, I suppose. "Hubber X" reached a new milestone, type of thing. Again, labor non-intensive.

Link to the writers most popular page.

edit: post the results in forums if you want writers to get more feedback.

So, when Patty passes 100 million views we could we all rush over and congratulate her through gritted teeth.

9. Will Apse profile image89
    Will Apseposted 5 years ago

Just coming off a really horrible cough/cold, so I cannot pretend my brain is at its best but those are not terrible ideas. Separating the outstanding newbie feature from the forums was never a good idea. Post in the newsletter and here, tell the writer, suck some new blood into the forums.

Also, I would be interested in a list of perfect 100 hubscores now and again. Useful feedback for aspiring writers, pat on the back for those who have achieved the feat.

I personally have never made it to the 100 level, but Glenn says he has, so it must be doable.

I hit 100 once for a few hours and then a few days later I was at 75. This was when I deleted a few non-performing hubs back in the day when we had subdomains. The 100 was before the delete.

1. Will Apse profile image89
        Will Apseposted 5 years agoin reply to this

The early part of the subdomain era was a wonderful traffic bonanza. Shame Google wasn't (and still isn't) clever enough to work purely at the page level.

A perfect page would not have to suffer for its bedfellows.

1. DrMark1961 profile image96
          DrMark1961posted 5 years agoin reply to this

I kind of thought that it was too bad that Google was clever enough to not accept the subdomains!

2. Sherry Hewins profile image93
        Sherry Hewinsposted 5 years agoin reply to this

My score was at 100 for months, and the funny thing is I had been completely absent from HP for six months. I returned to find my traffic, score and earnings all up with absolutely no effort on my part.

2. samanthacubbison profile image82
      samanthacubbisonposted 5 years agoin reply to this

@Will Apse, I didn't know the new author feature was in the forums originally! I think it's a good idea to circulate information via our various channels, especially since not everyone follows social media/subscribes to the newsletter, etc. I'll look into it!

10. profile image0
    A Blue Green Galaxyposted 5 years ago

I'm not sure what other original features were available, except for some writing challenges that I think no longer exist, so maybe bring those back. Suggested topics to add, types of rpg's, like audio etc, we should be able to link our social profiles such as Linkedin and Twitter. Other topics to include, types of eye diseases, types of ear diseases, types of assistive technology.

11. Kenna McHugh profile image92

Brandon, Interesting...

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)