Niche submissions

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (29 posts)
  1. Rupert Taylor profile image95
    Rupert Taylorposted 4 years ago

Has the process of kicking published articles up to the niche sites gone to sleep? I've been submitting reworked old articles once every two weeks for some time. Usually, they get boosted up in a few days, but the process seems to have come to a halt over the last month. I've got one article in limbo for a month and another for two weeks. Anybody else having the same issue?

1. theraggededge profile image90
      theraggededgeposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Haven't submitted any manually recently, but my last article is still languishing on HubPages since publication on 17th May.

Two minutes later...

Thanks to your gentle nudge, I've just submitted it smile

2. Stephanie36 profile image82
      Stephanie36posted 4 years agoin reply to this

I submitted one a few weeks ago. Got a response that it was promising and would be looked at closer, but never heard anything more. That was early/mid April.

3. Miebakagh57 profile image74
      Miebakagh57posted 4 years agoin reply to this

Rupert, luckly for me, two of my articles(both davre) were upped to the letterpile site by the editors of Hubpages without any effort on my part. I understand that because of its quality and both will receive high traffic.     Yesterday, I try to submitted my recent featured article the first time ever. Letterpile declined admission. I though it were a problem of technical. I will try again later in the week.

4. profile image0
      LilianeNajmposted 4 years agoin reply to this

once your article has been published as featured you shoud click on the Submit to a Networked site to have it considered to be published on one of the vertical sites. You’re only allowed to submit to a Networked Site once every 14 or 15 days.

2. Rupert Taylor profile image95

It's beginning to have the look and feel of staff cuts.

1. Miebakagh57 profile image74

That I do not know and do not understand. I am just about to inducing myself into the niche sites.

2. samanthacubbison profile image81
      samanthacubbisonposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I assure you that there have been no cuts. I'm not sure why there has been a delay, so please email team@hugpages to find out what's going on!

Rupert Taylorposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Thank you Samantha. That is comforting. I have written to the team at HubPages rather than HugPages, as you suggested. But, we could all use a few extra hugs in this time of pestilence.

*Like*

*Thumbs-up*

big_smile

2. samanthacubbison profile image81
          samanthacubbisonposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Lol. Typo. But I agree, we can all use some hugs. smile

3. lobobrandon profile image92
    lobobrandonposted 4 years ago

My new hubs are moved to dengarden within 5 days of publishing. SOme times it takes up to 48 hours just to get featured. All my hubs are on niche sites, so I do not have to submit any manually, maybe it's longer for a particular niche site that you are submitting to?

The only hub I have on HP is one that has links to forum posts, etc. I am asked to remove those links if I want it moved over to a niche site. Not going to bother with that one as it's just for HP writers.

Yes, mine are usually moved in the same time frame. This last one was outside of my usual niche.

It's just gone a little sluggish lately.

1. DrMark1961 profile image99
        DrMark1961posted 4 years agoin reply to this

I have heard rumours of some sort of viral pandemic thing.

2. lobobrandon profile image92
        lobobrandonposted 4 years agoin reply to this

It's the first time I submitted one to Pethelpful (did not submit but it's a new hub) so let's see how long that takes.

4. Rupert Taylor profile image95

DrMark I have it on good authority that the rumours are a hoax.

1. Miebakagh57 profile image74

Rupert, I am noteing.

5. Solaras profile image99
    Solarasposted 4 years ago

Pethelpful has been pretty prompt, but since I publish so rarely, I always submit it for consideration. Generally it moves within the week.

1. lobobrandon profile image92

Perfect. Thanks.

I read your guppy article this morning (it was on the Maven toolbar!). Since you have not submitted anything recently, I would definitely plan on submitting as it puts it out there and reminds them once again that it is the line and awaiting attention.
        Best of luck.

The Maven toolbar on HP or Pethelpful? Yeah, I did that once with a Dengarden article and it moved at the same rate as the other one I published on the same day. There's no harm submitting though, so why not.

It was on the Maven toolbar on HP. I was reading an article on Pakistan, so cant figure out how it relates...oh well.

I just checked out my hub to see if it had the Pakistan related hub, it didn't, but it had one on why some men need bikinis, the other whether blacks are cursed by the devil or something and some other weird stuff.

At least there are guppies in Pakistan, so that's somewhat related lol

Imagine how often it would show up if one were to write about "Pakistani guppies in bikinis". The potential traffic would be awesome!

Rupert Taylorposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Might I suggest Pakistani guppies in bikinis throwing dynamite-loaded rutabagas into Kashmir?

That might earn several spots on the Maven bar.

2. hclpd profile image82
                    hclpdposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Whoa!

3. lobobrandon profile image92

Damn. Haha. The two of you should get together to brainstorm some titles they'd do well lol

6. Eurofile profile image99
    Eurofileposted 4 years ago

My recent articles have been moved over to Wanderwisdom before I have had a chance to submit them, so I'm  not complaining. It's one less thing to have to remember to do. Timings have varied in the past, especially over a weekend, but all were moved over within a few days.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)