jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (10 posts)

wikipedia links

1. hospitalera profile image71
    hospitaleraposted 7 years ago

I vaguely remember that wikipedia is ex tempted from the "max two links to the same domain rule" Can somebody here confirm that this is true, i.e. that I can put up more then two links to wikipedia in a hub? Thanks a bunch, SY

1. IzzyM profile image88
      IzzyMposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Would be interested in the answer, but I forgot about the two links rule and published a hub yesterday that has at least three links to wikipedia in my 'thanks to' section, and the hub is not penalised and has a reasnable score for a new hub.

2. MyWebs profile image83
    MyWebsposted 7 years ago

May I also add Google to your question. I had planned to ask this very question to make sure since I'm always linking to Wiki and Google.

3. MyWebs profile image83
    MyWebsposted 7 years ago

bump .. Can anyone answer this?

4. thisisoli profile image55
    thisisoliposted 7 years ago

I would be careful about this, I was going to use about ten Google links, however after advice I decided not to include these link to the Google site.

If you want to be safe then stick to two external links, otherwise, the worst that can happen is the Hub gets flagged, and you can then fix the links and resubmit it!

5. WriteAngled profile image90
    WriteAngledposted 7 years ago

In the HP FAQ, the two-link rule comes under the section on overly-promotional hubs. The text then goes on to say:

"Please note that promotional links are links that you have any interest in promoting (your blog, your Website, affiliate offers, etc.). Links to well-known Web resources which you don't have any personal interest in (like Wikipedia, news sites, encyclopedias, open directories, etc.) are exempt from this limitation."

http://hubpages.com/faq/#overly_promotional

1. A2shley profile image58
      A2shleyposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Thanks Write Angled!  I've heard about the two-links rule but never got around to looking in the FAQ smile

6. thisisoli profile image55
    thisisoliposted 7 years ago

Ahh thanks for the info, I may have to update a few of my hubs!

7. hospitalera profile image71
    hospitaleraposted 7 years ago

Thanks a lot WriteAngled, sorry for being late in expressing my thanks, SY

8. shazwellyn profile image80
    shazwellynposted 7 years ago

Of course you can link to any self promotional hub to hub internally on hubpages!

working