Problems with Payment today?

Jump to Last Post 1-36 of 36 discussions (79 posts)
  1. Nell Rose profile image89
    Nell Roseposted 2 years ago

Maybe I am a little early with this, but over here in Britain I usually get paid around 8 pm (I believe it's around 5pm there now)
    I just wondered is Payment going to be late? Thanks! smile

1. Matt Wells profile imageSTAFF
      Matt Wellsposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Deleted

1. Kenna McHugh profile image92
        Kenna McHughposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Matt,
        This is complacency at its best!

Nell Roseposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Yes the message seems so unfriendly, unlike all the others that used to message us. strange!

2. Cheryl E Preston profile image84
        Cheryl E Prestonposted 2 years agoin reply to this

It would have been nice to be notified as a courtesy.

1. Matt Wells profile imageSTAFF
          Matt Wellsposted 2 years agoin reply to this

We are working on processing the payments and apologize for the inconvenience.

3. madscientist12 profile image92
        madscientist12posted 2 years agoin reply to this

It's been more than a couple of days. Can we get an update on what's really going on?

2. urgurl_bri profile image83
      urgurl_briposted 2 years agoin reply to this

I was supposed to get paid yesterday from Hubpages AND another writing site, and neither came. Admin on that writing site announced that there was an issue with PayPal and they told them they expected it to be resolved in 3-5 days.

1. Everyday Miracles profile image85
        Everyday Miraclesposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Wouldn't it be great if Hubpages also provided all the relevant information to us?

2. Kenna McHugh profile image92

I got paid on time from another client via PayPal.

3. NateB11 profile image88
      NateB11posted 2 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for bringing this up. I was wondering what was happening to. I thought maybe I was missing something because I know I reached payout.

2. Everyday Miracles profile image85
    Everyday Miraclesposted 2 years ago

I usually see payment between 4 and 5 p.m. Eastern time, and so far, nothing has hit my account except for unexpected bills.

Yes seems a bit strange. Maybe they will let us know smile

3. Glenn Stok profile image96
    Glenn Stokposted 2 years ago

I just examined my balance history page and saw that last March the payments were delayed for three weeks. I wonder if there is something about March that causes this issue. I hope we don’t have another three-week delay. It would be good if someone from Staff chimed in here.

No, that's not correct. Last March's payment was on the 28th -- on time. The February payment was made March 1st -- 3 days late.

1. Glenn Stok profile image96
        Glenn Stokposted 2 years agoin reply to this

That’s interesting. That means it was different for everyone. Did you actually look at your balance history page? My February payment was made on the 28th last year. And by the way, March 1 is only one day later, not three days.

Yes. I looked at my balance history through Hubpages. The February 2021 payment came in early March, but the March payment came right on time on the 28th.

Thanks for clarifying that. So it does mean each of us have slightly different delays around Feb and March. Weird! 

I’d be curious to know what others see on their history page for this time of the year. It’s easy to check. Just click Earnings and then Balance History.

1. PaulGoodman67 profile image95
              PaulGoodman67posted 2 years agoin reply to this

Glenn - My experience is that it's not unusual for it to be a day or two late, maybe three. I've never experienced payment being several weeks late that I can recall.

I would say PayPal is the best way of checking when we were actually paid. But yes, HP Balance History should theoretically be correct.

Either way, my payment wasn't several weeks out last year at this time. That sounds very unusual to me.

I have multiple HP accounts and all those that have earned $50+ always pay out at almost exactly the same time, even if that time comes 1-3 days later than expected.

You’re right Paul. PayPal is indeed the best way of checking. I thought HubPages was accurate, but I just compared my HP Balance History monthly payments to PayPal’s receipts for March and April last year. 

For some weird reason HubPages shows “Finalized PayPal Payment on Apr 20” for the March 28th balance. However, when I looked at PayPal, the correct amount was received on March 28th. There was no delay last year at this time! Just the history statement was wrong. Thanks to you, I examined that more carefully.

Reviewing other years, I noticed a 1 to 3 day delay once in a while, just as you said. And it seems to happen only once a year. So that's no big deal.

I believe it's been late 4 times in the many years I've been writing for Hubpages, but of course I'm not counting the early years when I didn't reach payout threshold.

2. Shesabutterfly profile image93
              Shesabutterflyposted 2 years agoin reply to this

I didn't get my Feb 2021 payment until April 20th, but I received a payout for Mar 28th and April 28th. So strange I never even noticed that. Not sure what happened in February that they held it so long.

Edit: I compared HP's stats with PayPal and PayPal shows I received February's Payment March 1st, which is why I probably never noticed it took so long on HP's history page to finalize.

2. Nell Rose profile image89

Hi Glenn yeah i was just wondering if they had mentioned it. But good to know its not just me smile

Last year the team did make a post in the forums about the payment delay so that we knew what was going on, but only after the payment was late.

3. eugbug profile image97
      eugbugposted 2 years agoin reply to this

I got paid on 1st March (for February) and 28th March, last year.

4. Kierstin Gunsberg profile image95
    Kierstin Gunsbergposted 2 years ago

Yeah, normally we have our payout by now - it’s late.

5. Gregory DeVictor profile image95
    Gregory DeVictorposted 2 years ago

No, I didn't receive my payout either.

6. harrynielsen profile image90
    harrynielsenposted 2 years ago

Same here, I'm in Salt Lake and no payment as of 6:55 pm Mountain Time

Well it's 2.02 am now so I think i will wait to see maybe tomorrow! Lol

7. charleskikas profile image91
    charleskikasposted 2 years ago

9:03PM Eastern Time...nada...

8. habee profile image93
    habeeposted 2 years ago

It seems they could at least let us know when a payment is going to be delayed.

Hiya yes I agree smile

1. habee profile image93
        habeeposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Hi, Nell!

9. JR Cuevas profile image93
    JR Cuevasposted 2 years ago

Yeah. Same here guys. Has anyone of you contacted the HubPages team regarding this concern?

10. Kenna McHugh profile image92
    Kenna McHughposted 2 years ago

I haven't received it! HubPages please give us an update!

11. wpcooper profile image91
    wpcooperposted 2 years ago

how often are you getting paid? It's every other month for me (right now)

12. hclpd profile image93
    hclpdposted 2 years ago

Nothing yet.

13. puter_dr profile image92
    puter_drposted 2 years ago

I am in the same boat here. Balance history shows no payment. I sent an email to team@hubpages.com

Thanks for doing that puter! smile

14. Kierstin Gunsberg profile image95
    Kierstin Gunsbergposted 2 years ago

Besides posting here we should really be emailing HubPages to find out when they expect our payments to land. I don’t know that the team is regularly in the forums.

15. Arbab Zahoor profile image74
    Arbab Zahoorposted 2 years ago

I am also waiting for the payment. Let's see what happens

1. theraggededge profile image97
      theraggededgeposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Just to clear up any confusion, on your other thread, you said you only just reached the $50.00 threshold this month. Therefore, you will receive your payment on, or after, the 28th April.

16. Solaras profile image95
    Solarasposted 2 years ago

I don't know if this has been discussed, as I am not frequently on the forums. It appears that TAG is restructuring  in order to be listed on NYSE.  Perhaps they are making their books look better by not paying us.

https://www.sportico.com/business/finan … 234659815/

17. Solaras profile image95
    Solarasposted 2 years ago

HP Staff are well aware that they have not paid us.  No need for us to ask the editors what they know about this.  It is disgusting to skip an obligation and ignore those whose work makes the make backbone of their vanity projects.

Last year, 2021, my February payment was not paid until April 20th. WTF!! Do they WANT us to take our content and start new websites with it?

18. Carb Diva profile image96
    Carb Divaposted 2 years ago

On the west coast, as of 7:15 am, nothing on the 29th of March.

19. Rupert Taylor profile image95
    Rupert Taylorposted 2 years ago

As I commented in another thread "Hang in there folk, we've been through this before. Sometimes HP payments are delayed a little bit. I don't suppose anybody's mortgage payment hangs on HP payouts. Surely, for most of us I suspect earnings are beer money."

I don't think we can assume payment has been skipped in order to manipulate a stock value. That sounds a bit QAnon to me.

1. Solaras profile image95
      Solarasposted 2 years agoin reply to this

"A little bit delayed"  ??? Last time I waited 8 weeks for my payment.  That one was the equivalent of almost 100 hours of minimum wage work.  Tell a minimum wage worker to wait 8 weeks for 100 hours of work, and they will likely shiv you.

I am currently applying for loan approval and income coming in as I have it listed is important.  Not knowing when I will receive my payment is preventing me from sending in my application, as they can see straight into my bank accounts.

QAnon? Why was my last year payment delayed for 8 weeks with no explanation? An automated process has been interrupted, again. Why?

20. eugbug profile image97
    eugbugposted 2 years ago

Rupert has now sent me down a rabbit hole to read up about QAnon. (Will I ever get my chores done today? smile)

21. profile image0
    Teszraposted 2 years ago

Yeah, nothing here west coast in America 8:26. I use that payment for a bill and now I'm short because it's late

Ironically I use my payment to pay for my wifi! LOL!

1. Solaras profile image95
        Solarasposted 2 years agoin reply to this

I hate that for you both, as I am in the same boat, with two bills holding for that payment.

22. Rupert Taylor profile image95
    Rupert Taylorposted 2 years ago

Eugene don't go near QAnon. It will suck out your will to live.

1. eugbug profile image97
      eugbugposted 2 years agoin reply to this

big_smile

23. janshares profile image93
    jansharesposted 2 years ago

Matt, If I didn't make the threshold in January, February and March, I don't get paid until I do, correct? Will it be in a lump sum of Jan/Feb/Mar if I make the threshold in April? I forgot how it works. Only been paid once in 2022 (for Dec '21). Thanks.

1. theraggededge profile image97
      theraggededgeposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Hi Jan,

You get paid the month *after* you hit the threshold. So if you hit $50 in April, you'll receive it around the 28th May smile

1. janshares profile image93
        jansharesposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Got it, just got paid! Thanks, Bev.

And yes, it accumulates.

So that's $50 of your total balance, not your balance for the month.

Therefore, if you make $10 each consecutive month for 5 months, you'll be paid on the 6th month.

1. janshares profile image93
        jansharesposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Thanks!

24. FlourishAnyway profile image95
    FlourishAnywayposted 2 years ago

I emailed them this morning.  Hopefully something will be forthcoming shortly.

1. Gregory DeVictor profile image95
      Gregory DeVictorposted 2 years agoin reply to this

I emailed them yesterday about the matter and received the exact same response that Matt gave above.

25. Rochelle Frank profile image92
    Rochelle Frankposted 2 years ago

I'm on the west coast of USA and got a payment yesterday (28th) as usual.  I can't be the only one. Hope everyone gets tteirs soon.

That's interesting. Maybe its a country thing. I am in the Uk.

1. Rochelle Frank profile image92
        Rochelle Frankposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Did you check your PayPal account?

I am on the west coast and haven't received a payment. I've received another client payment via PayPal today. HubPages, nada.

3. Everyday Miracles profile image85

I haven't received mine in the Eastern Time Zone at all. It doesn't seem to be based on country.

26. harrynielsen profile image90
    harrynielsenposted 2 years ago

I'm in Salt Lake City and no payment. The silence by Hub pages is particularly  annoying.

27. Gregory DeVictor profile image95
    Gregory DeVictorposted 2 years ago

On the stats page is this announcement:

"PayPal payments will be delayed for a few days. Payments will go out as soon as possible. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause."

I believe that this notification went up yesterday (Tuesday).

1. Kenna McHugh profile image92

Yes. I saw that.

28. compu-smart profile image90
    compu-smartposted 2 years ago

Lordy me, I'd hate to be late on a date with you, mate!

29. eugbug profile image97
    eugbugposted 2 years ago

Earnings for Monday are only partial, so maybe that's why payment has to be delayed?

30. revmjm profile image87
    revmjmposted 2 years ago

The DELAY is not because of HubPages. This is the notice on the stats page as of 3/29/22. PayPal Payment Delay: PayPal payments will be delayed for a few days. Payments will go out as soon as possible. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

31. revmjm profile image87
    revmjmposted 2 years ago

PAYPAL HAS SENT PAYMENTS AS OF 3/30/22 at 2:30 p.m.

32. urgurl_bri profile image83
    urgurl_briposted 2 years ago

I just got mine.

33. puter_dr profile image92
    puter_drposted 2 years ago

I have received mine as well. Thanks Matt and Hubpages!

34. Nell Rose profile image89
    Nell Roseposted 2 years ago

Been paid, thanks! smile

35. Jodah profile image90
    Jodahposted 2 years ago

I have just been paid as well.

36. eugbug profile image97
    eugbugposted 2 years ago

A bit like the resolution of the Cuban Missile Crisis, the HubPages World can now breathe again....

LOL! not quite but I get your point!

LOL! Not really. But I get your point - late payment is a crisis.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)