jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (10 posts)

Quarter from the future...

1. profile image0
    hamstersmessiahposted 7 years ago

If you could somehow obtain a Quarter from the future and put it into a parking meter and turn the handle so it makes that wonderful WHIRRING noise, what would it do to the space-time continuum?

1. Shadesbreath profile image85
      Shadesbreathposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Nothing.  It would have no more effect on space time than dropping a single grain of sand into the center of the ocean would impact global tides.

On the other hand, the "you" responsible for putting the coin in the meter might be caught and prosecuted for counterfeiting, thus changing your personal course through the temporal neighborhood.

1. profile image0
        hamstersmessiahposted 7 years agoin reply to this

My MySpace friend Neo Khan had this theory:

"It would automatically pay off all parking meters in all municipalities around the globe for the next 150 years, thus decimating city revenues and leaving meter maids unemployed"

1. Hokey profile image60
          Hokeyposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Very nice theory. In a theoretical sort of way.

2. profile image0
      cosetteposted 7 years agoin reply to this

haha big_smile

this reminded me of something for some reason...

http://i47.tinypic.com/2i0f59s.jpg

2. profile image0
    hamstersmessiahposted 7 years ago

my friend jennifer said:

"i believe in all actuality it would probably allow a metermaid from a distant time come through and give me a parking ticket for an expired meter in the time 4260 which would mean that my reincarnate self will miss a court date resulting in my imprisonment for failure to appear...in which case i'll choose to be cell mates with you."

3. Hokey profile image60
    Hokeyposted 7 years ago

That would be really cool. We could start a new prison gang. The Hamster Disciples!

1. profile image0

that would strike a lot of fear in the other inmates!

4. Hokey profile image60
    Hokeyposted 7 years ago

Yes! We could create a commission to spread it to other penitentiaries. Call it the power of the tube.

1. profile image0

don't forget the lube!

working