Comments from Readers

Jump to Last Post 1-15 of 15 discussions (24 posts)
  1. Shelley H Cruz profile image80
    Shelley H Cruzposted 6 months ago

How does a reader  enter a comment on an article?  How does the author set up a comment section.

1. theraggededge profile image96
      theraggededgeposted 6 months agoin reply to this

Comments aren't working, apart from a few of the network sites. You can't set anything up.

2. Health Winner profile image59
      Health Winnerposted 6 months agoin reply to this

Deleted

1. Miebakagh57 profile image69
        Miebakagh57posted 6 months agoin reply to this

These 'built in' features no longer works again these days.                               They're done away with some 3 years ago. Certain networks now had commenting.                                     'Rojo' comment system, only on network sites is an exception. But it's cumbersome.

2. Shelley H Cruz profile image80

Well that is a bit discouraging!

3. Rupert Taylor profile image95
    Rupert Taylorposted 6 months ago

Comments can be made on a few niche sites using something called Rojo. This was announced several months ago with great fanfare but, as far as I can see, it's been a flop. It's cumbersome and seems designed to discourage comments.

If it had been successful in encouraging comments surely it would have been attached to more niche sites.

4. eugbug profile image97
    eugbugposted 6 months ago

What would happen if they copied the comment code from of the old sites' HTML and dropped it into the new site? Why can't that be done? Please tell us.

5. PaulGoodman67 profile image94
    PaulGoodman67posted 6 months ago

The lack of comments used to be the "hot topic" in the forums. Now, people generally seem resigned to them never returning. A sense of fatalism has set in.

6. Shelley H Cruz profile image80

It has been a while since I submitted an article  until this past week. I was disappointed that there was not "comment section".     I suppose all things change.....

1. Khanmaria12 profile image46
      Khanmaria12posted 6 months agoin reply to this

Yes, I miss this thing here badly too. On medium we feel engaged with readers. I like medium in this regard

7. psycheskinner profile image82
    psycheskinnerposted 6 months ago

Rojo seems like a hot idea from the era when forums were sexy.  Peak 1990s tech.

8. eugbug profile image97
    eugbugposted 6 months ago

Interestingly, there are still the topical forums where people discuss non-Hubpages stuff.

1. PaulGoodman67 profile image94
      PaulGoodman67posted 6 months agoin reply to this

The human capacity for arguing about religion and politics is probably limitless! smile

No, it isn't.

big_smile

9. Venkatachari M profile image83
    Venkatachari Mposted 6 months ago

Comments can be made through the forum threads. But a reader of HubPages going through your article need to post it in the Forum thread providing a link to your article. It is the practice nowadays for posting comments and interacting with the authors as well as fellow writers.

10. Shelley H Cruz profile image80

My readers ask how we can eliminate all the ads  in the articles.  I imagine there is no solution for that!  Is there an upgrade or something that would eliminate the ads?

1. Kenna McHugh profile image92
      Kenna McHughposted 6 months agoin reply to this

Readers can a activate an Ad Blocker.

1. Jan Stepan profile image92
        Jan Stepanposted 6 months agoin reply to this

Ad Blocker is one of the reasons why we are where we are, with record-low earnings across the writing industry.

I think Ad Blocker should be entirely banned. Us writers would benefit a lot from that, and as a reader, I don't mind the ads because I know they are, on sites like this, the only income source for writers.

Of course, but when they impede the reader from actually reading the article, they become a problem. When I click on a site to get some information, let's say a recipe, and the ads are dominating the content so much that the information is difficult to find, then I'm pressing that Back button.

11. Miebakagh57 profile image69
    Miebakagh57posted 6 months ago

This comment question keeps coming back and forth.                                 Yet, hubpages seems to do nothing to restore comment button as original.

12. Miebakagh57 profile image69
    Miebakagh57posted 6 months ago

Some device like the Opere Browser, has AdBlockers to prevent ads from showing.

One can turn this on and the ads will show.

But I think how to controled the number of ads shown is question.

13. Glenis Rix profile image96
    Glenis Rixposted 6 months ago

When on your editing page for your article, scroll down on the right to OPTIONS, Click the link and you will see an option to turn off ads.

14. Rupert Taylor profile image95
    Rupert Taylorposted 6 months ago

Hello Health Winner - That's not how it works here. Comments can be made on a handful of niches sites using something called Rojo, but it's a bit labourious. Writers cannot moderate comments because they are not informed if a comment has been made.

I have more than 1,000 articles on HubPages. How can I possibly scroll through them on the off chance someone has made an inappropriate comment or planted some spam there? The answer is that I can't.

It would be better if there was no comment system rather than the half-arsed one in place now.

15. theraggededge profile image96
    theraggededgeposted 6 months ago

'Health Winner' is another of these bot accounts. They all say in their 'About' that they are focused on hair. This is about the 8th one in the last few days.

Report them when you see them.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)