Hi hubbers

Jump to Last Post 1-4 of 4 discussions (22 posts)
  1. Reham Abdelalaleem profile image48
    Reham Abdelalaleemposted 5 months ago

I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my article? What can I do to improve? Thanks!
    Here is my article: https://hubpages.com/hub/how-to-learn-p … hy?hubview

Reham Abdelalaleemposted 5 months agoin reply to this

I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my article? What can I do to improve? Thanks!
      My article:Strategies for making your life more creative through improving innovation and design powers.

1. paolaenergya profile image93
        paolaenergyaposted 5 months agoin reply to this

According to your profile there are no articles and the link you posted is not hyperlinked, even copying and pasting it onto the browser results in a 404 error message. Your bio is incomplete with a final sentence that has been truncated.

1. paolaenergya profile image93
          paolaenergyaposted 5 months agoin reply to this

I have now read your article. I suggest you add some sources and to replace your disclaimer message from veterinarian advice to generic advice.

2. WriterJanis profile image91
      WriterJanisposted 5 months agoin reply to this

Tried to access your article but it says the page does not exist.

1. theraggededge profile image98
          theraggededgeposted 5 months agoin reply to this

The link you are posting is only available to you - can you see the word 'hubview' in the link?

If you have had a rejection email, there will be a link for you to click on to generate a feedback request.

The correct link is: https://discover.hubpages.com/art/how-t … hotography

3. theraggededge profile image98
      theraggededgeposted 5 months ago

So, I have several suggestions.

The actual article that reflects the title doesn't begin until the subtitle, 'Getting Started in Photography'. Everything before that is unnecessary and may better be put at the end or even in a different article. For example, the history of photography bears no relevance to a beginner's 'how-to'. If your readers can't get to the meat of the article straight away, you risk losing them.

No full stops/periods at the end of titles and subtitles.

What's this? "Good photography starts with understanding exposure. ``` Contribution: Teenagers are in need of adequate protection."

All images must carry an appropriate license for re-use on HP. Also you should add the source with a link back to the original. If they are yours then say 'Photo author's own' in the caption.

As you are teaching photography, it would be much better to use your own photographs. It is preferable to demonstrate your expertise in the subject. In fact, it is imperative that you do so in order to allay the suspicion that you are recycling information. Talk about what equipment you used, the exposure, etc. I noticed there is nothing in your bio that says you are an expert photographer.

Run your text through a free grammar checker like Grammarly or maybe the style checker, Hemingway. There are a few sentences that need rephrasing.

Finally, the information you provide regarding 'How to Learn Photography' is very general and nothing most people don't already know. There is no detailed instruction on how to get started. For example, the section on choosing a camera consists of two sentences... surely there is more to it than that?

It needs work to be a useful resource. It also requires you to demonstrate your credentials as a professional or expert amateur photographer.

Good luck.

Thank you very much for your advice.
        I am not a professional photographer.
        I write articles in general and I wanted this to be the beginning for me to work remotely.

I graduated from the Faculty of Law in Egypt and I would like to find an opportunity on the site to work and earn money.

I have corrected the article and made more amendments to it. Once upon a time, perhaps due to the great confusion that I entered, I spoiled the idea that I was talking about.

I hope you can help me get my articles accepted on HubPages b. I will be very grateful to you. Thank you.

Okay, I understand. However, you really have to know what you are writing about when giving out advice. If photography isn't your thing then you shouldn't be writing about it unless you are on a similar learning journey, i.e. you can document what you are learning about photography while on a course.

It was very obvious to me that you had simply reproduced material you found on the internet without actually understanding what you were writing about.

As you are a law graduate, perhaps that's an area you could focus on? When starting out as a writer, you should 'write what you know'.

Edit: Did you take those photos? You cannot say they are yours unless they belong to you. That would be illegal and you may be liable for legal action. As a law student, you must know about copyright?

https://hubpageshelp.com/content/Learni … -image-use

If you want to get your articles accepted, then spend some time reading all the material here: https://hubpageshelp.com/content/ There are three tabs across the top so make sure you read everything.

I am applying your advice and am amending everything you advised me

As for the pictures, they are not owned by anyone because they are on a site called Pexels
            and I use them. They are public and published for this purpose and available to everyone. I am now putting a link to each picture and I know that I am not violating copyright, so I used it to support the article that I wrote.
            https://www.pexels.com/search/photography/
            You can be sure of yourself

I am still at the beginning and I know that there are mistakes, but I will patiently and willingly amend them until I reach what I want to achieve and succeed in.

Thank you for your advice, and I hope you follow me to warn me of what is wrong so that I can transform from a beginner to a professional. Excuse me, I am still new and I do not know much about writing articles.

1. WriterJanis profile image91
              WriterJanisposted 5 months agoin reply to this

I'm still trying to access your article, but Bev's link didn't work for me either. You have been given some very sound advice here, Write about something you know and being that you graduated from the Faculty of Law in Egypt tells me you should have a lot of interesting topics to write about. For example, does Egypt have any unusual laws that are different than the rest of the world? How difficult is it for a woman to become an attorney in Egypt? What were the laws like in ancient Egypt. Hope this helps.

Thank you, Professor Janis, for how much your suggestion was inspiring to me. I thank you for your kindness, and I hope to write on these topics. I will put the link to the article here, and I will be very grateful to you when you give me your comments on it and advise me. I thank you, thank you very much.

2. theraggededge profile image98

Those pictures are owned by individuals. If you download any image, you'll see a box and it will state who owns/uploaded it:

Photo by Chevanon Photography: https://www.pexels.com/photo/two-yellow … s-1108099/

That information should be put into the image capsule in the appropriate places. The url goes in the url box. The source is 'Pexels'. The 'Photo by...' goes into the caption with any other words you want to put... like this:

Adorable Labrador Retriever puppies. Photo by Chevanon Photography.

You cannot claim them as your own. They have been assigned a Creative Commons license which means you can use them for free. But you don't own them.

Public Domain images are something else. They are ones that have come out of copyright, usually due to their age.

I suggest you learn about image licenses as part of your interest in the law. Remember that different regulations may apply in different countries. As HP is an American site, you'd best focus on theirs.

Read that link I left in a previous comment. It's important.

Sorry, miss, I did not claim that these photos belonged to me from the beginning. I say that I am working to avoid the mistake I made, which was forgetting to write their information since I am a newbie on the Hubpages website.

What crime did I commit in this?
                As soon as you advised me, I implemented your suggestion and put the photo information in the article.
                I know the law well. I am a law graduate from South Valley University and hold a master’s degree in public and private law.

I know that owning pictures of other people is illegal, so I never claimed that. It's just that I don't have enough experience, so I didn't fill in the data. But as soon as I was directed and alerted to that, I immediately modified it. Thank you for the opinion you gave me. Thank you very much.

In your article -- the first two photos - the ones you changed from the originals -- you added the caption, "Photo, author's own'. It's unpublished now, but it was there in plain sight. You cannot claim ownership of images unless they actually do belong to you.

You also said, in a previous post, that images from Pexels belong to no one. That is not the case, as I endeavored to explain; they all belong to an individual or organisation.

You've had plenty of advice. The most important is that you spend time reading the Learning Center material before you try to publish again. There are rules and guidelines to publishing on this platform, so it is a good idea to make yourself aware of them.

1. PaulGoodman67 profile image96
                    PaulGoodman67posted 5 months agoin reply to this

Reham - Like Bev says, at this stage, it's best to go to the HP Learning Center, which can be found by clicking Help, and doing some self-education.

The truth is that there's a lot to learn and you're just at the start. There are multiple hoops to jump through for success here.

I also worry that you perhaps overestimate how much money you'll likely earn here but that's another issue.

Well, thank you. From now on, I will work on a new idea for writing my article, and I will display here the link for it so that you can advise me with suggestions and advice.
                      As for the money, I don’t think it is a large amount. I know that. I just want to enjoy a new and different experience that I have never done before. For me, it is a challenge. Thank you, sir, for your advice.

4. PaulGoodman67 profile image96
      PaulGoodman67posted 5 months ago

I have to be honest with you and say that your About section does not inspire confidence:

"I aspire to be allowed to work in the field of writing. I have great patience in this field because I love it and I always read books and articles to improve my style of writing, publishing, and communicating the idea in a simple"

Thank you, sir, for this note. I immediately modified it

5. Jan Stepan profile image92
      Jan Stepanposted 5 months ago

You already got stellar help from Bev regarding the article, so I'll leave that cause there's not much to add.

Take a proper look at your About section and consider to rewrite it. As Paul says, it doesn't spark any confidence within me as a reader. That's an issue if you want to succeed here.

I'd fix that as fast as possible if I were you. Otherwise, it will be a problem, regardless of how good articles you produce.

Thank you, sir. I listened to your advice immediately and I hope I will have a good opportunity on HubPages.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)