jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (10 posts)

YouTube Videos Not Appearing

1. Susan Ng profile image89
    Susan Ngposted 9 years ago

I've embedded some youtube videos in my latest hub, but they don't appear right away when the page is viewed - it's just a big ugly white blank space. :-(  I have to wait a couple of minutes before they start to show up.  I'm wondering if it's just my internet connection or a problem with my hub or maybe with youtube.  Is anybody else experiencing the same problem?  And could somebody please take a look and tell me if the videos appear or not? yikes  Thanks.

Healthy and Delicious Family Recipe For Fresh Chinese Lumpia

By the way, I checked just now and the youtube videos in my other hubs appear instantaneously when the page is viewed.

2. Mark Knowles profile image60
    Mark Knowlesposted 9 years ago

No video appears for me. smile

3. Susan Ng profile image89

Sigh... I'll give it some time and see if the problem rectifies itself.  Thanks, Mark, appreciate your feedback.

4. Eileen Hughes profile image83
    Eileen Hughesposted 9 years ago

Ihave had problems with utube vids too.  You used to be able to click onthem to view now I find you have to click on it and then copy and paste link then play the wait and see if it is going to work.  And most times it doesnt.

5. Susan Ng profile image89

This is the first time I've had this problem though.  The videos in my other hubs play just fine.  Could the choice of video itself be causing the problem?  Maybe some videos work and others don't? yikes

6. profile image0
    SirDentposted 9 years ago

All videos were there when I went to the hub.

7. Susan Ng profile image89

Really?  That's good to hear.  Must have been a temporary thing.  I was considering changing the videos, but now I think I'll just let them be.  Thanks, SirDent.

1. profile image0
      SirDentposted 9 years ago in reply to this

You're welcome. smile

8. ripplemaker profile image88
    ripplemakerposted 9 years ago

I usually notice the videos disappearing every now and then.  I don't think it's a good idea to replace them.  I notice they just popped right back up.

9. Susan Ng profile image89

Okay, Teacher Michelle.  Thanks. smile

working