jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (18 posts)

Fast!

1. IzzyM profile image87
    IzzyMposted 7 years ago

I wrote a new hub yesterday and published it last night. This morning it received a comment from the Scientific Director from the place the hub was about. I hadn't done anything at all to promote this hub so well done google search!

1. tobey100 profile image60
      tobey100posted 7 years ago in reply to this

Dang, you're a pro.  Great job obviously.

1. IzzyM profile image87
        IzzyMposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Nah! He was probably doing some research himself and there aren't really a lot of web pages dedicated to this subject, but I am so happy he not only found mine but took the time to comment.
        He didn't praise it or anything, just outlined what his team were trying to do to eradicate the problem.

1. tobey100 profile image60
          tobey100posted 7 years ago in reply to this

Don't sell yourself short.  Still pretty cool.

2. profile image0
        mtsi1098posted 7 years ago in reply to this

double dang...good work IzzyM

2. profile image0
      sophsposted 7 years ago in reply to this

That's brilliant!! Well done Izzy! smile

3. pooja0908 profile image57
      pooja0908posted 7 years ago in reply to this

good job

2. Cagsil profile image60
    Cagsilposted 7 years ago

Congratulations on getting noticed so quickly. smile

And, believe it or not, he left a comment, I'd be impressed regardless. smile

3. profile image0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 7 years ago

Fantastic Izzy. He probably has set up a google watch on certain phrases so that he's notified when anyone writes on certain things.

I've found this to be the case with authors - at least the ones who aren't very famous. When I write hubs on first novels, usually within a day or two I get an email from the author. But they usually don't comment - I wish they would.

I think it's great he took time to comment.

4. Hokey profile image60
    Hokeyposted 7 years ago

Good for you!!!  That is so cool!!  smile

5. IzzyM profile image87
    IzzyMposted 7 years ago

Thanks everybody!
    Yeah like I said at the start, I am really happy. I'm wondering if he thinks I'm a expert or something, which of course I'm not but anything to get the problem highlighted is probably good for him and his department.
    I could not find a video in English that highlighted the problem well, though there were plenty in other languages. Yesterday I put up one in Sicilian but changed it today to one in Spanish. Even if no-one understands, the pictures are good.
    I had a look for my hub myself in google and I'm either on the second or third page search depending on keywords used (that's google.co.uk)which is brilliant for its first full day published.

6. Ohma profile image74
    Ohmaposted 7 years ago

Nice Job.

7. pddm67 profile image61
    pddm67posted 7 years ago

Very cool! Congratulations smile

8. thisisoli profile image54
    thisisoliposted 7 years ago

Wow, I was happy when one of the creators of a Chrome addon found my hub, but this is in a whole other league, congratulations!

1. IzzyM profile image87

Hey congratulations to you too. That sounds much better than mine being found!
      Anyway, he's not been back, the commentor, and I've had no further google traffic so looks like he hasn't passed the link on to anyone. Oh well !

9. wrenfrost56 profile image80
    wrenfrost56posted 7 years ago

That's pretty cool and very fast! Way to go.

10. DanPowers profile image74
    DanPowersposted 7 years ago

This reminds me that I once took some photos in a zoo and stuck them on my website, and the zoo marketing team found my photos through Google images and liked them so much they used a few in their guidebook!

1. IzzyM profile image87

How wonderful! OK they probably never paid you (or did they?), but I bet you felt great about it smile
      I know I would have!

working