jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Do I Need To Do Specific Steps for Google Indexing?

1. Evolving1 profile image59
    Evolving1posted 9 years ago

I've read several hubs that say Google tends to index a hub fairly quickly after being published. Mine has been published several days now.

When I look at my hub performance via "Traffic Scores" - the only two lines posted there are incoming hits from HubPages and one from Yahoo.

Is there a step I've missed? The Affiliate section related to Google says I should set-up a sitemap to help Google find me. Is that necessary?

Thanks for any guidance you can offer. I think I may have missed something.

2. honey profile image47
    honeyposted 9 years ago

bookmark your hub in some top sites like digg, reddit..it 'll be indexed much faster by google.

Evolving1posted 9 years ago in reply to this

I have bookmarked it with digg and a few other social sites. I'll certainly try a few more. Thank you for the suggestion.

3. embitca profile image87
    embitcaposted 9 years ago

It may well be indexed by Google already, but if it doesn't appear in the first couple of pages of results, it isn't likely to see any traffic. You can check to see if your site is indexed by doing a Google search for the title of your hub in quotes.

Evolving1posted 9 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for the reply.

You made a great point about it possibly being indexed, but not in the first couple pages. When I first published the page, it "did" show up in Google. So...??

I'm still getting a grasp on how all this works and appreciate the assistance.

working