jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (12 posts)

Where do you put your RSS feed?

1. Sue Adams profile image93
    Sue Adamsposted 7 years ago

Is it better to put an rss feed before or after the comments capsule? I would be interested to know what people think.

1. Faybe Bay profile image84
      Faybe Bayposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I recommend a news capsule above your comments and the RSS below, unless it's related work then put the RSS before the comments and title it like "More information"

I have just started adding news capsules to all of my hubs, they're great.

1. Sue Adams profile image93
        Sue Adamsposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Thank you Fay for the tip about "more info" for the rss feed.
        But if the sole purpose of news capsules is to keep the hub "fresh", surely it serves that purpose just as well out of the way, under the comments capsule? I mean if we want people to leave a comment on the hub they've just read, then a news (or rss) capsule before the comments would only distract from commenting. (?) hmm  Let's hear more on this.

1. IzzyM profile image88
          IzzyMposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Sometimes there is no news feeds that have any relevence to the subject mattr. In that case, I place the news capsule under the comments section. After all, it's really only there to keep your hub 'alive' so to speak.
          I'm not sure how to use the rss capsules though.

2. Faybe Bay profile image84
          Faybe Bayposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I don't know, I just started using them. I put it before comments because I follow a member of the Elite that does it that way. The RSS I have been using promotes all the hubs in the 60 days challenge and so that is below comments, as the content is not related to the hub itself, but the challenge.

1. Marisa Wright profile image93
            Marisa Wrightposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Faybe, what I found with News capsules is that sometimes, if there isn't much directly relevant news, you get some really irrelevant stuff.  So I prefer to put the news capsules under the comments to be on the safe side!

3. Marisa Wright profile image93
          Marisa Wrightposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I agree with you, Sue.  I follow Darkside's recommendation - any links to sites that aren't mine, go below the comments.

Any RSS feeds, news capsules or external links are there for Google's benefit.  If the reader is going to click on a link and leave, I'd prefer it to be one of my ads smile

If the RSS feed is from my related website or my other related Hubs, I may put it before the comments, but not always.

2. KeithTax profile image78
      KeithTaxposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I use both. It should not hurt either way. Still, I find myself placing news and RSS at the very end more and more lately.

2. SiddSingh profile image61
    SiddSinghposted 7 years ago

If the RSS feed is from your own hubs (especially related hubs), you can place them above the comments. You get two benefits - backlinks and 'freshness' for your hub. Plus, a reader may want to click those links - why not lead them to your own hubs?

News capsule can be put after the comments.

3. Sue Adams profile image93
    Sue Adamsposted 7 years ago

Thank you Marissa and every one else. I think I'm on the right track now.

4. Richieb799 profile image62
    Richieb799posted 7 years ago

I didn't know about these news capsule thingy's, I don't like to clutter my hubs but if everyones doing it I better join in lol

1. Nady profile image66
      Nadyposted 7 years ago in reply to this

yup me too Richieb, I'm searching about RSS feeds and News capsules. looks like everybody's doing it.
      this is for you Sue and for everyone. I think that this hub is a good tip about RSS feeds.
      http://hubpages.com/hub/Promote-Your-Ol … -RSS-Feeds

working