First $500 month :)

Jump to Last Post 1-43 of 43 discussions (60 posts)
  1. profile image0
    ryankettposted 13 years ago

Just whipped out the calculator, on about $550 for this month.... After reaching $496 two months ago, I have got there in the end smile

1. Nell Rose profile image91
      Nell Roseposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yeah! I gotta go write some more hubs now! I think I am a looong
      way from there! congrats!

2. prettydarkhorse profile image56
      prettydarkhorseposted 13 years agoin reply to this

my goodness Congrats, How can I do that i need more learnings from you, I only have 130 per month like that?

1. profile image0
        ryankettposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Mainly just good luck..... honestly.

1. prettydarkhorse profile image56

must be the genius in you,

1. profile image0

I am publishing a hub on 1st July which will attempt to explain how I do things. Although, even I don't really know what it is going to say yet.... it might give people a tip or two, but the conclusion to that will be something like...

"consider hubpages a free lottery, pick your numbers carefully, and get as many free lottery tickets as you can. Occassionally you will hit the jackpot"

That is pretty much the best analogy that I can give... the more hubs that I write, the better chance of getting one which somehow makes me a lot of money. I didn't expect my highest earning hub to earn me a cent, sometimes it just works like that.

I'm still crap at Amazon though, never reached $40 in a month on that.

ok, the more you write the more you will hit the jackpot -- well, comparing to me, your amazon is great, I started putting amazon in my hub two months ago and I only sold 9 pieces, thats good for me already, I am excited to read your hub,

1. profile image0

I'm still only a quarter of the way to my target of $2000 too! So hopefully this is just a milestone!

I'm looking forward to writing it...

Hmm, you are my inspiration to write more, WOW 2,000, I know you will get there!

3. SunSeven profile image61
      SunSevenposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Congrats Ryan. Welcome to the club! smile
      Best Regards

4. content profile image60
      contentposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Wow!  I looked and you have a lot of hubs which is why you are making some income on your hubs.  This is not something to sneeze at!

I am interested to see what your strategy is for being able to generate a 3 figure income monthly on your hubs!

5. liljen23 profile image75
      liljen23posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Congrats Ryan, keep it up and keep hubbing.. Hopefully you'll reach a goal of $1,000 or more..

6. Jeff Berndt profile image73
      Jeff Berndtposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Good for you!
      "I am publishing a hub on 1st July which will attempt to explain how I do things."

I'm going to follow you to see what I can learn about optimization. I'm here mainly to build a non-technical portfolio, but income would be a nice bonus!

Cheers,
      JB

7. calicoaster profile image78
      calicoasterposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Woww....amazing...congrats!! big_smile

2. profile image0
    shazwellynposted 13 years ago

Well done Ryan!  When I first started, I asked you to be my mentor, but you felt you weren't up to it... guess who was right?! Oh.. and it wasnt you! *wink* 

Well done mate!  Congratulations big_smile

3. katiem2 profile image62
    katiem2posted 13 years ago

That's fantastic!  Congrats and here's to many many more success!  Peace smile

4. frogdropping profile image78
    frogdroppingposted 13 years ago

Bloody well done Ryan, fabulous news! you're still a way ahead of me but I'm working on it! The Amazon side of things is making a big difference - I've gone from $0 to over $100 since last month, which I can hardly call bad for 6 weeks concentrated effort.

And yes - lottery hubs lol! A couple of mine that do great shouldn't (according to seo and all that) but they do great smile

1. adrienne2 profile image67
      adrienne2posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hey frogdropping,

Cool from $0 to over $100 since last month!  I was totally surprised when I cashed out at $150 last month.  I hear you on the SEO thing some hubs do very well and shouldnt according to SEO standards.

5. KCC Big Country profile image84
    KCC Big Countryposted 13 years ago

I'm so jealous, Ryan! That is fantastic!  Looks like I'm going to be a few dollars shy of payout this month.  *sigh* I've got about 20 hubs in the works though.  I like your analogy...it really is a numbers game.  You never know what your big money maker will be.  My highest viewed hubs are not my big money makers, the money makers are ones I would never have suspected.  It really takes some getting into the minds of the "internet clicker" to know what they like to click on.

6. profile image0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 13 years ago

Well there you go! Congratulations on $500. And uhmmm Ryan are you drinking in your avatar? (You really bring out my Mothering instinct, first gambling now drinking.) Well maybe it's organic lemonade and I shouldn't nag.

7. KCC Big Country profile image84
    KCC Big Countryposted 13 years ago

LOL...well-observed, Nelle!  Ryan's just trying to keep up that "bad boy" image.  Wonder what he'll use next?  Will it be cigs or wild women?

1. profile image0
      Nelle Hoxieposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hi KCC, I vote for the hottie in his lap. Cigs are just not good for you!

8. adrienne2 profile image67
    adrienne2posted 13 years ago

Congrats Ryan!! One thing is for sure I believe in the ability to earn here at hubpages, that is so awesome! It is so encouraging to hear, great job!

9. Randy Godwin profile image61
    Randy Godwinposted 13 years ago

Way to go, Ryan!  I suppose we all use different strategies for earning the bucks here.  Of my 67 articles only about a dozen earn substantial cash.  I just made my first $100+ for just this month having barely missed it in April.  A nice check next time!  I don't backlink other than a few on shetoldme or the quick posting on facebook when I publish a new hub.

But then I haven't really worked at it and like to write stuff which I never expect to earn anything anyway.  I sold over $1200 of Amazon products in April which also helps a bit, but not doing so well this month.

Different strokes, I suppose!

10. Misha profile image64
    Mishaposted 13 years ago

Congrats! You have to start somewhere, right? wink

11. IzzyM profile image87
    IzzyMposted 13 years ago

Congrats from me too Ryan! That is very inspiring to the rest of us.I'm still trying to find 'the hub' that you are talking about - the one that gets clicks and earns money. Just gotta keep trying...some of the ones I have are doing OK and the Amazon money is beginning ot trickle in, but I'm a long way off making my living online which is a shame because I have no other way to do so must keep trying. Fortunately I love this way of life and wish I'd known about Hubpages sooner!

12. SkippingThruLife profile image61
    SkippingThruLifeposted 13 years ago

Awesome work!!!  If only my workplace would allow me to access this page from there, I'd have more time to write more hubs!! smile Congrats on your success.

13. RedElf profile image89
    RedElfposted 13 years ago

Congrats Ryan - that is awesome!

14. Richieb799 profile image77
    Richieb799posted 13 years ago

Well Done Ryan, thats inspiring, how much of that comes from your hubs? If you don't mind me asking smile

1. profile image0

This is my Hubpages earnings, $550 on Hubpages.

15. thisisoli profile image72
    thisisoliposted 13 years ago

Congratulations, just a quick word of encoragement.

Estimate for much higher earnings over christmas, especially on amazon and eBay, when you factor this in your actual annual earnigns will be a lot higher than you expect!

1. profile image0

Yeah I am excited about that! Although my earnings have grown for every month but one, so I hope to be earning a fair bit more by then anyway! I am really looking forward to the Xmas period again!

16. Origin profile image59
    Originposted 13 years ago

Congrats on the accomplishment! big_smile

17. sunforged profile image71
    sunforgedposted 13 years ago

If your making 550 now with 300+ hubs you should be able to look at the data from your affiliate/adsense returns and double the money with only 10 or so more hubs(articles/sites)[assuming 10-20% of those hubs are your real earners]

Once you identify terms that are earning for you - the next step is not to write tons more disparate hubs ..its to use the info you have learned to earn and capture more money traffic.

18. blondepoet profile image67
    blondepoetposted 13 years ago

Oh Ryan fair dinkum that is amazing.
    A huge grats from me........
    So what u getting us for Xmas LMAO. smile

19. sunforged profile image71

15,000 daily! x 30 days is near half a million visitors monthly!

With some tweaking you could add another digit to those returns.

1. sunforged profile image71

oops, but congratulations! that is still awesome.. my mind just started running with future potentials breaking 500 is  an awesome milestone!

2. itech profile image64
      itechposted 13 years ago

Congratulations Ryankett...

3. relache profile image72
      relacheposted 13 years ago

Congrats, Ryan!  $500/month is a great goal to hit.

4. earnestshub profile image81
      earnestshubposted 13 years ago

Nice work Ryan. Congratulations! smile

5. Mutiny92 profile image65
      Mutiny92posted 13 years ago

that is wonderful!  I bet your next $500 per month will come faster.  I look forward to reading your July Hub!

6. habee profile image93
      habeeposted 13 years ago

That's awesome, Ryan! I just hit $300 with adsense for the month a couple of days ago, but I didn't do well with Amazon this month.

7. viryabo profile image94
      viryaboposted 13 years ago

That's wonderful Ryan. Congratulations and Well done.  Can't wait for the July hub. Know we'll learn tons from it wink

8. sportyfunster profile image68
      sportyfunsterposted 13 years ago

Ryan, congrats on your income.

9. NaomiR profile image76
      NaomiRposted 13 years ago

Congrats! I've been trying to write more hubs and this definitely inspires me to do so!

10. Cagsil profile image70
      Cagsilposted 13 years ago

Congrats Ryan! smile

11. bloodrk profile image60
      bloodrkposted 13 years ago

Congratulations Ryan! big_smile.. very inspiring.. Good luck and God bless

12. CMHypno profile image83
      CMHypnoposted 13 years ago

Congratulations Ryan, this is inspirational stuff and hopefully one day I will be earning the same and more.

13. emievil profile image67
      emievilposted 13 years ago

Wow! Congrats Ryan! Here's to a $1,000 month for you smile.

14. andromida profile image57
      andromidaposted 13 years ago

Congrats Ryan.It's a matter of time when you make another post like-"My first $1000 month".Well done!!!

15. joaniemb profile image61
      joaniembposted 13 years ago

Congrats on a great accomplishment.

Keep writing, I will be sure to check out your June 1st article.

Congrats again smile

16. salt profile image60
      saltposted 13 years ago

Congratulations, you deserve it, you give alot and hope it improves more...

17. waynet profile image68
      waynetposted 13 years ago

$550 is a good monthly amount! well done there mate!

I know from my efforts I make a fair bit too with adsense, although there are some duds like anyone elses hubpages account, these may need a bit more back linking and promotion and other hubpages to link to.

Now imagine that you were earning at least £2,000 each month now that's well above minimum wage, now that would be a goal to aim for!!

18. optimus grimlock profile image59
      optimus grimlockposted 13 years ago

hmmm i think my style hurts me a little bit from making that kind of money, but i like writing so its all good.If i write 5000000000 hubs I could make 500 a month lol.

19. alexhd57 profile image72
      alexhd57posted 13 years ago

Inspiring stuff, thanks for sharing!

20. Derek D profile image60
      Derek Dposted 13 years ago

Congrats ryankett,

Look forward to you spilling the beans.

Keep up the good work cool

21. Anamika S profile image69
      Anamika Sposted 13 years ago

That's great Ryan! Congrats...

22. raisingme profile image78
      raisingmeposted 13 years ago

Wonderful.  Congratulations that is a super win!

23. Aiden Roberts profile image68
      Aiden Robertsposted 13 years ago

Well done I really must follow your lead and make my first $1.

24. jondav profile image69
      jondavposted 13 years ago

Wowwwww, thats really good - i find it hard to imagine earning a couple of dollars ever, let alone 500 in one month!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)