jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (18 posts)

Changing to secondary account?

1. LarasMama profile image60
    LarasMamaposted 7 years ago

I made this account before I really knew what HP was and am not too happy with the name for long term use (for one thing I hope to have lots more children!). I have a second account I'm planning to write on once I hit 100 hubs on this one. Any reason that this would be a good/bad thing to do? Thanks for any feedback smile

1. Marisa Wright profile image97
      Marisa Wrightposted 7 years agoin reply to this

HubPages normally doesn't allow you to change your account name, but as you've been such an exemplary member in your short time here, you could try emailing them and asking if they'd make an exception.  I believe they have done it once or twice though I don't know the reasons.

LarasMamaposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Oh I didn't know that was possible. I think I will try that! smile

Update: Sent a letter to the HP team and they said that they used to change account names but no longer do. However there may be some other options I'm discussing with them. smile

1. profile image0
            Website Examinerposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Deleted

Yes but I made this name before I really knew about the importance of a name or about how the site works. I'd rather have all my sites and articles under one pen name and one that preferably is the only one of its kind on google (Larasmama is not a unique name.)
              I'm not here so much for the selling and money but because I'd love to one day become known as a writer (whether that be next year or twenty years). I feel it would give more stability to to my writing if all of it came under one original name.

1. profile image0

Deleted

I actually started thinking about it after I completed my first 30 day challenge. So rest assured, I have thought hard about it.

And yes, I realize this may not do a lot for external publication. But that doesn't bother me a lot because I have already started a manuscript and am lucky to know some people who've worked in publication & editing before.

I meant more online - I have only two passions - the internet and the written word. If I only get my one book published one day that's all I want, but if I one day get a reasonable following online, I'll be even happier with that.

I always knew a one topic site wasn't for me, however I didn't know how I could write on all the interesting topics I know about without setting up dozens of websites. Now that I know how I'm not stopping!

1. profile image0

You are welcome.

2. wyanjen profile image80
    wyanjenposted 7 years ago

Lots of people do it wink
    One of my other accounts is only for one specific subject, which I don't like including under this name.

The only problem is when people use a second name to stir up trouble in the forums.

3. Cagsil profile image60
    Cagsilposted 7 years ago

I say if you want more than one account for whatever reasons, then open another account. lol

4. profile image0
    ryankettposted 7 years ago

Plenty of people do it, not a problem at all. Just as long as you only use one account for the forum, as multiple forum identities could make people wary of you.

1. Cagsil profile image60
      Cagsilposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Unfortunately there are members, using more than one account in the forums. hmm

1. profile image0
        ryankettposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Yes I am aware of that Cagsil, but it still isn't generally acceptable and I believe a ban can now be enforced for the use of multiple forum identities.

5. profile image0
    kimberlyslyricsposted 7 years ago

It's actually inspiring starting a new account from scratch

Think you'll enjoy it

I say go for it!

"D

6. 4x4 profile image78
    4x4posted 7 years ago

I don't see any reason why you shouldn't do so.
    My only question is why wait?

Regarding those who use multiple accounts in the forums, I have no issues with that as well. Who knows what their motivations are, just as long as they do not violate any TOS and not do anything their mama's would be ashamed of, then I say, let them be.

If you have a good and justifiable reason, then go for it.

7. wannabwestern profile image86
    wannabwesternposted 7 years ago

Go for it. Sometimes your user name can define you in ways you'd like to avoid. Good thoughts here.

8. Spacey Gracey profile image37
    Spacey Graceyposted 7 years ago

Will you let me know your new account name or will it be a secret? I like to check out what you are doing as I feel like we are learning together smile

I am pondering a new account for the niche hubs I want to start writing. Still undecided.

Yes I've got no problem with everyone knowing. I'll probably post it on the forums and stop using this one to avoid "inflaming" with my new account lol.

Growing together? I keep avoiding doing selling hubs because they feel like too much work. Some things just flow but the ones I know I should do don't. Luckily a few of my fave topics have taken off. But you're way ahead of me there!

9. travelespresso profile image79
    travelespressoposted 7 years ago

You sound as though you have thought through the many issues when it comes to changing your name.

If you want to do it because it you feel that your current name is too restricting either personally or for future business opportunities, then I believe you should do it.  Its better to change it sooner rather than later. 

It seems as though you have carved (or are carving) a very good niche for yourself and one you enjoy.  I'm sure that your new name will encompass that.

BTW - if your Laura is the name of your daughter, and you don't change it, just imagine how a subsequent child will feel when you have this huge and successful business named after just the first one!  hmm

working