jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (26 posts)

Lost two followers

1. samboiam profile image61
    samboiamposted 7 years ago

I just lost two followers in ten minutes time. I think that is a personal record. I wonder if it was something I said.

1. Rochelle Frank profile image90
      Rochelle Frankposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Sometimes people close their accounts, or are banned. It's not you--- probably.

1. earnestshub profile image89
        earnestshubposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Agreed. I have lost about 10 in 22 months, when I checked they had all left hubpages. smile

2. Cagsil profile image61
      Cagsilposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I lost 3 the other day, then picked up 2, then picked up 4 more. So, in the end, it is a pretty safe bet it wasn't you or anything you said.

It happens.

1. Freya Cesare profile image36
        Freya Cesareposted 7 years agoin reply to this

It happened to me several times. I don't know why. Maybe about something I said, or maybe it just because they didn't have any interest on my works anymore, I don't know sad . So, you are not alone in experiencing this.

1. Cagsil profile image61
          Cagsilposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I don't let it bother me either. wink

1. Freya Cesare profile image36
            Freya Cesareposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Yes, agree! smile Better not let it bother us!

3. katiem2 profile image58
      katiem2posted 7 years agoin reply to this

Sometimes silly people like me accidently hit the quit following button intending to do something other.  I've done that and then went back to follow all over again.... Maybe me and two other people need to get our glasses checked.   smile

1. Nera Woods profile image83
        Nera Woodsposted 7 years agoin reply to this

glad you mentioned it, as I was asking myself why one popular hubber 'unfollowed' me. Same with samboiam, I also asked if it was about my latest hub, which was about writing for another site, which could mean being disloyal to hubpages (?)

4. rebekahELLE profile image88
      rebekahELLEposted 7 years agoin reply to this

probably someone closing their sock puppet accounts.

5. Sally's Trove profile image85
      Sally's Troveposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Yours is a question that starts forum threads frequently. You might want to check out some of these threads...posters say pretty much what they've been saying here, but as always on HP, there are also many additional interesting or provocative views.

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/36834#top

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/43197

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/39713#top

2. Ladybird33 profile image49
    Ladybird33posted 7 years ago

I hate it when I lose followers but I have found that it's from them closing their accounts, which I hate, this is a great place to write. Sorry for you smile

3. CrystalSingleton profile image60
    CrystalSingletonposted 7 years ago

boo-hoo. Live on girlfriend. Write because you have a passion too not for a couple of pennies. I dont mean that abusively I just mean it doesnt take a follower to know you have something important to say. Perhaps they are friends or something. Some of my hubs generate tons of comments simply because they are controversial. They are not followers of mine but they all had something to say. Traffic is way more important that followers. You have a high enough score I doubt you are a poor writer to score so well so dont take it personally. Luvz, CrystalSingleton

1. travel_man1971 profile image75
      travel_man1971posted 7 years agoin reply to this

Sometimes, I received comments not relevant to my hubs so I don't accept it. When I try to track down the hubber, I cannot open their page. Anyways, I'll agree with Crystal about traffic.

4. Aficionada profile image88
    Aficionadaposted 7 years ago

Same thing happened to me today, Samboiam.  I just went through my list to see who, and they were two that I liked a great deal - bummer for me!  Maybe it was the same two as you lost; who knows?

I don't know what's going on in their lives which could be the reason, and I'm hoping katiem2 is right about a possible cause.  It's hard not to take it personally, when I think so highly of them.  But, I'll survive.  I'm still following them, so I'll get to see their Hubs.  Maybe they just didn't really like my topics any more. 

Or maybe it was a software glitch or something.

It's best not to let it bother you (me).  It's their loss!

1. samboiam profile image61
      samboiamposted 7 years agoin reply to this

The sad truth is I couldn't tell you who it was that left. So it is not much chance of it bothering me to bad.

5. Jane@CM profile image59
    Jane@CMposted 7 years ago

People come, people go. I agree it is to see those whose work I really enjoy leave, but often times they have built their own web sites while writing here, so I can still read what they write smile

6. trish1048 profile image77
    trish1048posted 7 years ago

How can you tell who left?  So many names to remember smile

7. Pearldiver profile image85
    Pearldiverposted 7 years ago

Perhaps you lost them from not asking BEFORE you chose to use their hard work for your benefit, by posting link referrals back to your site, within comments on their work. hmm

That would be reason enough for someone like me to ditch someone! How do you feel if that happens to you? hmm

1. lightning john profile image60
      lightning johnposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Hi Pearldiver, whats the weather like where you are?

1. Pearldiver profile image85
        Pearldiverposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Hi mate..
        It's the beginning of Winter now... We have had an amazing base of snow on our ski fields, so we're going to have excellent skiing. How's Florida?
        Have you hung those BP execs yet?
        I hope that your coastal beauty isn't going to be anymore destroyed. Storm season and they haven't fixed the spill. Good Luck. Take care.

2. samboiam profile image61
      samboiamposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I did that when I first started with Hubpages, not knowing it was taboo. But I now know that is not proper etiquette, so I no longer do such things.

3. trish1048 profile image77
      trish1048posted 7 years agoin reply to this

Pearldiver,
      I have done it once or twice, when I was new here.  I no longer put links in comments.  Now, I may suggest a name of one of my hubs that I think they might find of interest as it relates to what they have written, but it is not a link.  It is their choice to go find it and read it, or not.

8. animal-backpacks profile image60
    animal-backpacksposted 7 years ago

Have you looked down the back of the sofa?  I often find money and hub page friends down there... along with fluff and plectrums.  It's a treasure trove.

Seriously though I think, as has already been written, it's because people's accounts have been deleted.  I will add you now so you quickly make one of those up.

9. Kangaroo_Jase profile image80
    Kangaroo_Jaseposted 7 years ago

You have people in your life, for a reason, a season , or a lifetime.

1. Polly C profile image87
      Polly Cposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I love that phrase, it's so true...some people will always be with you, and some are there only fleetingly, to teach you something, yet they are of no less importance.

working