Lost two followers

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (26 posts)
  1. samboiam profile image60
    samboiamposted 13 years ago

I just lost two followers in ten minutes time. I think that is a personal record. I wonder if it was something I said.

1. Rochelle Frank profile image90
      Rochelle Frankposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Sometimes people close their accounts, or are banned. It's not you--- probably.

1. earnestshub profile image80
        earnestshubposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Agreed. I have lost about 10 in 22 months, when I checked they had all left hubpages. smile

2. Cagsil profile image69
      Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I lost 3 the other day, then picked up 2, then picked up 4 more. So, in the end, it is a pretty safe bet it wasn't you or anything you said.

It happens.

1. Freya Cesare profile image77
        Freya Cesareposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It happened to me several times. I don't know why. Maybe about something I said, or maybe it just because they didn't have any interest on my works anymore, I don't know sad . So, you are not alone in experiencing this.

1. Cagsil profile image69
          Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I don't let it bother me either. wink

1. Freya Cesare profile image77
            Freya Cesareposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yes, agree! smile Better not let it bother us!

3. katiem2 profile image60
      katiem2posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Sometimes silly people like me accidently hit the quit following button intending to do something other.  I've done that and then went back to follow all over again.... Maybe me and two other people need to get our glasses checked.   smile

1. Nera Woods profile image82
        Nera Woodsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

glad you mentioned it, as I was asking myself why one popular hubber 'unfollowed' me. Same with samboiam, I also asked if it was about my latest hub, which was about writing for another site, which could mean being disloyal to hubpages (?)

4. rebekahELLE profile image84
      rebekahELLEposted 13 years agoin reply to this

probably someone closing their sock puppet accounts.

5. Sally's Trove profile image79
      Sally's Troveposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yours is a question that starts forum threads frequently. You might want to check out some of these threads...posters say pretty much what they've been saying here, but as always on HP, there are also many additional interesting or provocative views.

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/36834#top

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/43197

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/39713#top

2. Ladybird33 profile image67
    Ladybird33posted 13 years ago

I hate it when I lose followers but I have found that it's from them closing their accounts, which I hate, this is a great place to write. Sorry for you smile

3. CrystalSingleton profile image60
    CrystalSingletonposted 13 years ago

boo-hoo. Live on girlfriend. Write because you have a passion too not for a couple of pennies. I dont mean that abusively I just mean it doesnt take a follower to know you have something important to say. Perhaps they are friends or something. Some of my hubs generate tons of comments simply because they are controversial. They are not followers of mine but they all had something to say. Traffic is way more important that followers. You have a high enough score I doubt you are a poor writer to score so well so dont take it personally. Luvz, CrystalSingleton

1. travel_man1971 profile image62
      travel_man1971posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Sometimes, I received comments not relevant to my hubs so I don't accept it. When I try to track down the hubber, I cannot open their page. Anyways, I'll agree with Crystal about traffic.

4. Aficionada profile image80
    Aficionadaposted 13 years ago

Same thing happened to me today, Samboiam.  I just went through my list to see who, and they were two that I liked a great deal - bummer for me!  Maybe it was the same two as you lost; who knows?

I don't know what's going on in their lives which could be the reason, and I'm hoping katiem2 is right about a possible cause.  It's hard not to take it personally, when I think so highly of them.  But, I'll survive.  I'm still following them, so I'll get to see their Hubs.  Maybe they just didn't really like my topics any more. 

Or maybe it was a software glitch or something.

It's best not to let it bother you (me).  It's their loss!

1. samboiam profile image60
      samboiamposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The sad truth is I couldn't tell you who it was that left. So it is not much chance of it bothering me to bad.

5. Jane@CM profile image60
    Jane@CMposted 13 years ago

People come, people go. I agree it is to see those whose work I really enjoy leave, but often times they have built their own web sites while writing here, so I can still read what they write smile

6. trish1048 profile image67
    trish1048posted 13 years ago

How can you tell who left?  So many names to remember smile

7. Pearldiver profile image67
    Pearldiverposted 13 years ago

Perhaps you lost them from not asking BEFORE you chose to use their hard work for your benefit, by posting link referrals back to your site, within comments on their work. hmm

That would be reason enough for someone like me to ditch someone! How do you feel if that happens to you? hmm

1. lightning john profile image62
      lightning johnposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hi Pearldiver, whats the weather like where you are?

1. Pearldiver profile image67
        Pearldiverposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hi mate..
        It's the beginning of Winter now... We have had an amazing base of snow on our ski fields, so we're going to have excellent skiing. How's Florida?
        Have you hung those BP execs yet?
        I hope that your coastal beauty isn't going to be anymore destroyed. Storm season and they haven't fixed the spill. Good Luck. Take care.

2. samboiam profile image60
      samboiamposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I did that when I first started with Hubpages, not knowing it was taboo. But I now know that is not proper etiquette, so I no longer do such things.

3. trish1048 profile image67
      trish1048posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Pearldiver,
      I have done it once or twice, when I was new here.  I no longer put links in comments.  Now, I may suggest a name of one of my hubs that I think they might find of interest as it relates to what they have written, but it is not a link.  It is their choice to go find it and read it, or not.

8. animal-backpacks profile image61
    animal-backpacksposted 13 years ago

Have you looked down the back of the sofa?  I often find money and hub page friends down there... along with fluff and plectrums.  It's a treasure trove.

Seriously though I think, as has already been written, it's because people's accounts have been deleted.  I will add you now so you quickly make one of those up.

9. Kangaroo_Jase profile image73
    Kangaroo_Jaseposted 13 years ago

You have people in your life, for a reason, a season , or a lifetime.

1. Polly C profile image90
      Polly Cposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I love that phrase, it's so true...some people will always be with you, and some are there only fleetingly, to teach you something, yet they are of no less importance.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)