jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (12 posts)

I am SO confused with all the RSS stuff!!!

1. Kyle246 profile image60
    Kyle246posted 7 years ago

Okay, I'm new to hubpages. It's my second day here. I read to get more views on your hubs you need backlinks.

When I go to my profile I see a RSS button that says to subscribe.

The thing I want to do is:
    1. Create backlinks to my hubs
    2. Use RSS on other sites to increase traffic (i think...)

Please help me I am confused. smile
    THANKS

1. Marisa Wright profile image99
      Marisa Wrightposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Before you even start worrying about that, you need to learn how to write Hubs that are worth promoting.

A Hub is not a blog post, it's a long, information-rich article - the kind of thing you'd like to read in a magazine.  At least 400 words long and some of the best earning Hubs are over 1,500 words. 

If you write a good Hub, it will eventually get traffic all on its own, though it will take a few weeks or even months. 

In the meantime, you can be learning all about SEO and promotion.   A good place to start is to read some of the Hubs by Sunforged.  You have a learning curve ahead of you, good luck.

2. 2uesday profile image83
    2uesdayposted 7 years ago

I cannot understand how you can write a hub on making money on-line if you cannot understand backlinks and RSS without requesting help on a forum.

There are ways to find out about these one is to use the search button for hubs on the topic the another way to get info is to go to the top of the page and search the info you get by clicking the help button - it is FAQ really. Also there is a HubPages Learning Center which is useful.

I hope this helps and good luck with your hubs.

3. Kyle246 profile image60

well, how do I submit my rss feed to a different website for more views (thats what you're supposed to do, right?)

1. 2uesday profile image83
      2uesdayposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Sorry I cannot help you with that I have been here eleven months and read info on it and still 'do not get' RSS feeds although I understand back-links and SEO to a certain extent.

The best advice I can offer from my experience is to pick your title carefully to include your main keywords in it.

Other hubbers will probably explain RSS  feeds to you if they do, maybe reading it I will understand their version of it.

Or you could search the question above in the forum section of the search box as it has been a topic before.

4. Daniel Carter profile image80
    Daniel Carterposted 7 years ago

I honestly don't know much about rss feeds, but usually when I need info and can't get it in FAQ's, it's almost a surety that you can find a hub on the subject. If you click on "Hubs" at the top menu and type in "submit rss feeds" you'll get a bunch of hubs on the subject.

I picked one that I thought might be helpful for you:
    http://hubpages.com/hub/RSS-Submission- … it-Process

Is this what you wanted to know? If not, sorry. But someone will probably have a hub on what you're looking for.

5. wilderness profile image98
    wildernessposted 7 years ago

Sunforgeds hub on rss feeds to various sites. http://hubpages.com/hub/RSS-Submission-Sites-list 

I've also made a hub on using rss feeds on such sites as well as your own hubs for links for subject related hubs.

Lots and lots of information on rss feeds around - just search the forums or hubs for some.

6. Kyle246 profile image60

okay thanks

7. Kyle246 profile image60

Okay, but what about backlinks? What link do I put to advertise my hubs? Do I use my profile page or a link to a certain Hub that I wrote?

1. wilderness profile image98
      wildernessposted 7 years agoin reply to this

The rss feed links to individual hubs.  If you backlink as sunforged suggests, you will have backlinks to individual hubs of yours.

1. Kyle246 profile image60
        Kyle246posted 7 years agoin reply to this

thanks for the help smile Just out of curiosity, how do you start to get many views on your hubs? what things did u do?

1. nicregi profile image79
          nicregiposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Hi Kyle246.

To get traffic, you must have good content. Content will attract people.

Tags are also important. Tags = keywords. If you have a tag like "malaysia beautiful beach" then when people google for it, they will pick you up (chance).

besides that, again is backlink. Backlink is all about promoting and sending your readers to your other hubs.

I wrote something about backlink. Could check on my profile page for that.

Hope it helps and good luck!

working