Here are a few suggestions that I would like to see implemented in the next upgrade.
1. Get rid of the annoying pop up paste text window. It serves no purpose as of now because there is no option of pasting HTML.
2. Better control in the 'request' area. As of now anyone can register and post any vulgar or inappropriate request. Basically it is possible to abuse the system. Some sort of monitoring will do.
3. A little bit of HTML is welcome, especially in the profile page.
4. The ability to link photos, better control over text boxes, like background color and shifting it to right, and shifting pictures to the left etc. In the text box, tweaks like controlling the size and choosing the font, use of different colors for the text, aligning the text to the right, centered and justified etc.
5. In the gray area regarding adult content, why not disable outbound links from adult Hubs? I know there are people who enjoy adult stuff. And no doubt it brings a lot of traffic to HubPages. So my suggestion is, let there be adult stuff, but segregated, classified and labeled accordingly, so that the non-adults do not have access to it, and only the people who needs to read or see them can explore those Hubs. Most of the adult Hubs have more outbound links than the actual post. So disabling the outward links in adult Hubs will help in quality adult stuff being posted here, and those who needs and enjoys them will not disappointed as well.
6. I also would like to know who my referrals are so that, I can encourage and guide them to create quality Hubs, thus increasing my revenue potential(if at all they are publishing! LOL!!)
Of course these are my suggestions and views only. I know that none of this may be practical on a site like this and it takes vast resources to do it. Its almost like a wish list
Any views from my fellow Hubbers and the Hub Team will be most welcome.
Thank You and All The Best
The only reason why the Adult Hubbers are here is for the outbound links. Now I'm not saying that that's a bad thing, just the reason. They're not deriving money from posting pictures for others to enjoy. They're doing it for the chance of having traffic filter through and sign up at other sites. If I were an Adult Hubber I wouldn't even bother sticking around to tell people what I thought of such a plan if it were implemented.
So disabling links won't help in improving or maintaining quality. Because there won't be anyone taking the time to post such material.
I'm unsure as to how non-adults... children, won't get access to adult stuff. Segregated, classified and properly labeled doesn't stop the kids from clicking through. And it's not in the best interests of Adult Hubbers to have kids clicking through anyway. They're not targeting them. Kids don't have a credit card in which to purchase legitimate content and subscriptions.
That's just my opinion. All your other suggestions are excellent by the way.
So what is the solution? I have adult hubs as well. But not in any other ids!!
by Chuck Bluestein3 years ago
Earlier I posted that people should go and make links going to other sites that do not belong to you nofollow. Then someone mentioned that if your hubber score is less than 85 then "every link" will be...
by Brian Leekley3 years ago
If this is not the correct place to ask my questions, please let me know where to go on HubPages, or if I should send an email to the people running HubPages.A few months ago an expert hubber with lots of experience and...
by Carl "Fitness"7 years ago
I'm a newbie and I just discovered the customizable home page. It's VERY cool and VERY well implemented.But one thing I miss from the standard home page is seeing my author score. On the standard home page,...
by Paul Goodman6 years ago
Article for discussion. I know that this recent development has already been mentioned by some hubbers in forums. But I am now wondering if this might be the main reason why we are seeing the current traffic...
by Dan Harmon6 years ago
Along with the Google effect lately I've seen a lot of forum posts about spam, and every time I hub hop it is obvious that there is a lot submitted here of both spam and simply substandard hubs.I would suggest that the...
by Paul Edmondson22 months ago
Hi Hubbers, I mentioned in the past that we've been working with a company that helps identify SEO issues. Many of the issues they identify come in the form of penalties which they believe hurt the entire...
Copyright © 2017 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.
Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners.
HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc.
HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.