jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (8 posts)

Shetoldme.com description-same or change?

1. David 470 profile image86
    David 470posted 7 years ago

When you are about to post a link to shetold.me.com are you allowed to copy the description or do you need to write it differently? Or does this not really matter either way?

2. Maddie Ruud profile image78
    Maddie Ruudposted 7 years ago

I don't have an answer to your question, but I did want to point out that you often post the same question in the forums and in the Questions & Answers section.  Please limit yourself to asking a question in only one place, otherwise it becomes confusing and/or redundant.

David 470posted 7 years ago in reply to this

Oh, I am sorry I thought you could do that. I mainly did that just to possibly get different answers.

3. Richieb799 profile image60
    Richieb799posted 7 years ago

It helps if your post is original in bookmarking sites because Google filters duplicates as spam.. in shetoldme you can write a 50 word description and copy and paste it 3-4 times to make it upto 200 words, that is what I read on there. Hope this is useful.

David 470posted 7 years ago in reply to this

You mean copy and past the 50 words over and over again?

4. shazwellyn profile image81
    shazwellynposted 7 years ago

Using the metadescription seems to work ok without any ill effects to your hubpages..

metadescription can be taken from the first paragraph of your hub - Hubpages automates this in the summary text box, when you are in edit mode

Hope this helps smile

5. darkside profile image81
    darksideposted 7 years ago

When I do post a link somewhere else, be it social bookmarking, social networking, blog or whatever, I write a new blurb.

I feel its far too obvious to search engines if the same summary is being used every time.

6. SteveoMc profile image74
    SteveoMcposted 7 years ago

On these sites, I think it is generally accepted to write a new blurb.   It is easy and works pretty well.

working