Google not indexing

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (17 posts)
  1. wilderness profile image94
    wildernessposted 13 years ago

I seem to be having some real trouble with getting some hubs indexed, and don't understand why.  Out of 75 hubs, 13 are now not indexed, dating back to 5-24.  I realize that hubs will index and de-index, but it seems to have gone too far.  I changed titles on several hubs the first of the month - only one is indexed now, but with the wrong title still (I assume it has not been crawled since the title change).

One hub in particular, about making concentric bends in conduit, was published late last month, and a search for the URL shows 20 locations linking to it, all from HP, but it remains unindexed.  Can the title be too long, or too similar to other hubs?  Does a title change mess up google's indexing?

One of the now unindexed hubs (now with a title change) produced my highest paying click ever - I want it back!

Any suggestions or thoughts?

1. bgamall profile image68
      bgamallposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I think there are a lot of duplicates vying for the same keywords. It is rather discouraging. I can't see the push for more hubs to be such a great deal. We saw what happened to squidoo. We get more traffic per hub here because there are fewer hubs. There are exceptions for those who pay for SEO or have a home run. Otherwise perfectly good hubs can be omitted. I have some really great hubs that have a 0 pagerank, with others not as good that have 3 pagerank. And it is getting to be a frustrating experience. I almost think you have to pay and pay and pay. Sorry, thinks are just extra slow today.

wildernessposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Well, it certainly is a crap shoot out there.  I probably have 20 hubs on first page and another 20 on second, but seldom the ones I thought would do it.  Of course, I also have a bunch that only show with a URL search, but typically I know that when I write them. 

It's just the ones that I can't get indexed at all that make me wonder.  Why doesn't google find a hub with 20 HP links to it?

They know they are there. Google knows everything. smile

See, now, that's kind of what I figure.  They have to have seen it, but not indexed it.  Why not?  Have I done something wrong?  In at least one case, the title is overly long, and very similar to others I have written.  Is that a problem?  Did I forget to capitalize?  Did I hold my pinky wrong when I typed it?  What?

2. profile image0
      BenjaminBposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Do you ping your profile and/or each individual hub. It's really easy takes only about 20 seconds to do one ping and what it is meant to do is alert the crawlers to come and crawl your material. Every hub I've made since learning about pinging have been indexed within 6-8 hours after release and pinging.

2. thisisoli profile image72
    thisisoliposted 13 years ago

Search for the link of your hub in quotes, if it comes up asa result and it has a link under it saying 'cached' it is indexed. What are the naems of some of the hubs you cannot find?

Putting it in quotes doesn't help any.  Most of these are not found by Yahoo or Bing, either, although a couple are.

It just shows that google is aware of the hub. I guess that is a sandbox or maybe a permanent kitty litter? Lol.

1. Aya Katz profile image83
          Aya Katzposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Try to search for it on Altavista.

3. wilderness profile image94
    wildernessposted 13 years ago

emt electrical pipe bending instructions - a conduit bending guide for concentric bends

ways to save electricity at home

how to install electrical outlets - DIY receptacle wiring of electrical outlets

how to get better fuel economy from your prius

These are just a few of the ones that I think really should be indexed.  The saving electricity and the fuel economy are both name changes that I did the first of the month and that used to be indexed.  The other two were published 8-27 and 8-29, but everything else from the until now is indexed long ago.  The conduit bending has a very similar title to several other hubs of mine as well.

I'm just really puzzled as to why this is happening.  Is it just the luck of the draw, or have I done something wrong?

4. thisisoli profile image72

I jsut checked the first oen on your list and it has been indexed by Google, check http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour … mp;cad=rja

You seem to have the golden touch!  That one, on saving electricity, and one other are now indexed, though not the first one about conduit.  A little understatement below (if to me?) that it a low ranking - what ranking???  Searching for the keywords or even the complete title I couldn't find it in 22 pages!  Only with the URL, and that was in first place of course.  (I also note 2 red arrows on that hub today, though probably due to this thread).

When I check indexing, I search for the URL, copied from the hub, and always find it in first place or second place if there is a sponsored link.  If not there I assume it is not indexed - is that incorrect?  Might the URL be further down?

Thisisoli, I appreciate your help, and apologize for the delay here.  My job intervened in my HP business - gotta quit that job!

5. gracenotes profile image90
    gracenotesposted 13 years ago

I appreciated your pointing this out.  I have a hub that was published nine months ago, but I can't find it in Google, and I wondered why it didn't get much traffic.  I believe it was indexed at one time.

What I do find is an indirect listing -- the link and summary that I posted on Snipsly is found via Google.

I'm thinking that since this is a very popular category (makeup), both on HubPages and competitively, on the search engines, it may be the reason why my HubPages article isn't found.

Snipsly seems to be ascending currently.  There are some sites, for instance, that pick up articles from Snipsly and display them when you do an internal search on their site.  I'm getting a fair amount of traffic through this artery.  This makes me wonder why this special interest web site didn't search HubPages for content.

1. Susana S profile image91
      Susana Sposted 13 years agoin reply to this

If your snip has the same title and description as your hub then the most likely reason your hub is not indexed is because  in google's eyes there are two versions of the same content and has chosen just one to index. Unfortunately it's not the one you probably wanted indexed!

1. gracenotes profile image90
        gracenotesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Makes sense to me.  Sometimes on Snipsly I changed the title, and other times I did not.  Actually the title is almost too similar to many that you see on SERPs.  On the hub in question, I published it on HubPages, then posted it to Snipsly about 5 days later.

6. thisisoli profile image72

It actually found I without the quotes.

Your page is there it is cached, and it is working, It just is not ranking very well.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)