jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)

Rating hubs - what are the rules?

1. Bard of Ely profile image87
    Bard of Elyposted 9 years ago

I can't see any rules about rating hubs with a thumbs up or down and would like to know how frequently you can rate the same hub or is it just once, and can you rate your own? I ask these questions because on some sites for bands where you can vote for songs or acts in some you can vote daily and can vote for yourself and on others you can't.

2. gamergirl profile image61
    gamergirlposted 9 years ago

I would definitely not vote for yourself on any of your Hubs, darlin'.  Save that for the people who visit your work.  As for the rest, the easy answer is use your ginormous brain. tongue

Bard of Elyposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for answering, gamergirl! I have been a good boy and not voted for myself but I am sure it must happen!

3. Rochelle Frank profile image95
    Rochelle Frankposted 9 years ago

Maybe this is the norm at some sites. I don't  really participate at many sites so I don't know. I just figured out how to digg two days ago.

There are music sites like famecast that actively encourage acts on there to get as many people as possible to vote and to do so daily and they supply you with voting banners for you to display elsewhere.

This is pretty normal as are battle of the band competitions which ask the viewer to vote and many of these allow daily votes.

There are even sites that sell programs for manipulating views and plays and friends added eg you can pay for one of these to add friends at Myspace or play your songs there it watch your videos. I am sure there are people who 'cheat' like this.

4. Sally's Trove profile image84
    Sally's Troveposted 9 years ago

Bard, you ask a good question.

I know I can thumbs up the same hub as many times as I want (because I get that thank you message every time I do...yes, I've tried it out).  But I don't know if only the first thumbs up counts.

Thanks for responding, Sally's Trove, and I hope it wasn't your own hub you tried it out on and that you don't lose points if it's not allowed. It would help us all if such matters were covered somewhere. If it's OK to vote more than once on the same site what is to stop someone manipulating results by repeated clicks? I wouldn't have thought that was the case that that was possible.

5. pauldeeds profile image
    pauldeedsposted 9 years ago

The last thumb you make is the only one that counts.  Votes for your own hubs are ignored.   Anonymous votes don't count for much.  Any attempt to game the thumbs up and down system in order to manipulate HubScore will be punished severely.

Thanks, Paul! That makes the rules clear.

working