jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (6 posts)

Can we put "Referral Trackers" in our link capsules?

1. David 470 profile image87
    David 470posted 6 years ago

I was wondering if we could put these trackers in each individual link capsule? If this is true then thats great. Will be a lot of work though lol

1. Ultimate Hubber profile image77
      Ultimate Hubberposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Yes you can but the HP staff doesn't appreciate using referral trackers in your hubs.

1. David 470 profile image87
        David 470posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Wait do you mean within the content or they don't appreciate them in the link capsules?

I was not planning putting them within the content of the textm only the link capsules.

1. Ultimate Hubber profile image77
          Ultimate Hubberposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You are supposed to use the trackers on sites other than HP. And must try to avoid them on social networks/bookmarks.

2. lrohner profile image84
        lrohnerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I've never heard that before. What difference does it make if I'm sending someone to your hub from my hub or from my blog? Doesn't make sense. Can you share where you got that information from?

1. darkside profile image81
          darksideposted 6 years ago in reply to this

It was briefly mentioned in a recent video that they might not honour the trackers some time in the future if used in hubs or profiles.

I really don't think they thought that through much given the reaction of many.

As I get a lot of traffic via search engines I'd like to think that these hard won visitors who I've brought to the site will benefit both myself and HubPages if they decide to sign up and contribute.

I continue to use trackers in my profile and in my hubs. If they ever do bring in a change then I certainly shall be vocal about it. In the meantime though don't be concerned by any speculation or mention of it being a naughty thing to do.

working