Anybody on Xomba? What's it Like?

Jump to Last Post 1-16 of 16 discussions (21 posts)
  1. Nell Rose profile image89
    Nell Roseposted 13 years ago

Hi, I just thought I would sign up for Xomba for my back links as Redgage is a complete waste of time as I can never get a link to work! So I joined blogger and I don't like that! So tonight I thought I would have a go at Xomba, is there anybody that thinks it's worth it? thanks

2. wytegarillaz profile image59
    wytegarillazposted 13 years ago

If you are looking for somthing really good that you do get paid from every week and links have a read of

<snipped - do not promote your hubs in the forums>

havent earned anything from xomba but get paid every week and when I sell words !

3. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 13 years ago

I have my RedGage, which leads back here. I did have Xomba at one point, but deleted my account. Then again, I didn't use it properly at the time, which is something I learned from the 60 day challenge group. I should have kept it and used it to feed links to my blog.

I am presently using 6 blogs, RedGage, Twitter, and a few other sources. I am constantly submitting RSS feeds and promoting my blogs.

I let my hubs stand as they are. Almost everything I've written is contained with my blogs. My blogs point to different articles and only have a few things in common with one another.

I have my apparel blog, to help support my apparel hubs. I also use RedGage as a source for feeding my hubs on apparel.

With the constant work I have to do, to maintain, it requires structured times for specific things to be done. Thus, I can provide time to myself, to write more hubs or be in the forums.

4. profile image0
    mtsi1098posted 13 years ago

My Xomba account has not worked out well for me and I will probably end up deleting it altogether

5. Nell Rose profile image89
    Nell Roseposted 13 years ago

Hi, thanks for the replies, I might give it a go, but it seems to me that there doesn't seem to be a lot of people on it so I am still not sure!

6. wilderness profile image94
    wildernessposted 13 years ago

I am trying Xomba for backlinks now, slowly backlinking all of my hubs.  I have linked perhaps 60 hubs, and received about 100 page impressions according to adsense (does that mean 200 reads with the 50/50 split?).  I've also got a very few clicks, earning a couple of dollars.

Considering the effort I've put into it, both traffic and clicks are a waste at this time, although making bookmarks is quick and easy.  The value of a backlink to search engines is harder to quantify.

Realize as well that I've written only one very short article at Xomba and have been there for only a month.  Everything could change given some more time.

7. Kangaroo_Jase profile image74
    Kangaroo_Jaseposted 13 years ago

I have had a Xomba account for well over 12 months and I have had 2 Adsense clicks over that time. This is for over 100 articles. I feel that the site has a focus on one needing to be very very social on it to achieve some moderate success for both use of Adsense and traffic. I feel Redgage is also similar in that regard.

For me I would rather focus on Hubs than using Redgage & Xomba. These type of sites do me little regard as social networking is not my favored type of time sink.

8. thisisoli profile image73
    thisisoliposted 13 years ago

Xomba is no follow, so the links don't have any SEO Value, there are bette rplaces to build backlinks.

9. Ultimate Hubber profile image71
    Ultimate Hubberposted 13 years ago

Hi Nell,
    The backlinks at Xomba are nofollow, but it is important to have a few nofollow backlinks to give your backlinking strategy a natural look. So I will recommend Xomba.

1. thisisoli profile image73
      thisisoliposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The google spider ignores any link with the no-follow tag, I am becoming more and more certain that the collecting of nofollow links to make a site seem more 'natural' is a myth.

1. Ultimate Hubber profile image71
        Ultimate Hubberposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Proof?

Proof??

I have already proved this, if you actually read through the technical documentation on both of these sites (It is available if you are willing to look for it) Both Google and Yahoo tell you their policies on the no-follow attribute in black and white.

I don't particulalry want to spend an hour digging all this information up again, but if you really want to know the truth you can research it yourself and you will get the same findings. Research is the best way to form your SEO strategy.

One thing I am looking in to right now is how Google may use Analytics and Webmaster tools data to affect your serps, since a couple of the big names in SEO have also wondered about how/if Google uses this information in ranking websites.

10. LindaJM profile image80
    LindaJMposted 13 years ago

I too noticed the no-follow backlinks at Xomba, but I've also noticed they show as backlinks in Yahoo search. I posted my first article there less than a month ago; so far, I made twelve cents. I'm sure if I posted a lot I'd earn more.

I also started making hubs within the last month - and so far have 11, so it is clear I like this site better at this point. Seeing the no-follow links there at Xomba was a huge disappointment. Anyone who knows content writing knows how much we crave those backlinks! So sorry there are spammers, but... HubPages' policy of excluding beginners from backlinks is the best spam-deterrent technique I've seen yet.

My backlinks come from a variety of places. One of these days I'll put my entire backlink strategy online, but I'm not ready yet - I'm still testing it.

Here's one you may not have thought of: Ryze - a business networking site. You can list links on your home page. My screen-name there is the same as here, in case you want to look me up. If you leave me a comment there I'll comment you back when I return to add more links.

Yahoo search indexes nofollow links for site crawling purposes, but it does not use them in it's ranking algorythm.

11. Bill Manning profile image67
    Bill Manningposted 13 years ago

The articles on there rank well if you use good key words. However as others said, the links are no follow. It's just another place to spread a few links, nothing more. smile

1. kephrira profile image60
      kephriraposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I've found Xomba articles often get a high ranking quickly and then drop right down again. Don't know if that's something I'm doing or if it's to do with Xomba.

I do think it's worth doing though, for the odd article and a few bookmarks, even if they are nofollow.

12. Bard of Ely profile image79
    Bard of Elyposted 13 years ago

Yes, I am on there and had heard a lot about it but can't say it has done much for my traffic or income. I am on Redgage too and again had heard a lot of people saying how great it was but I have hardly made anything there. The amount of time you need to put in on these sites seems disproportional for what you get back as far as I am concerned! But I join them all and stick some stuff on them all in the hopes it all helps!

13. princess g profile image59
    princess gposted 13 years ago

I haven't used Xomba enough to know for sure. I don't like the platform, it doesn't seem to get much traffic either.

14. rmr profile image67
    rmrposted 13 years ago

I use Xomba and Redgage. I don't get a lot of income from Xomba, but I do get some traffic. I pretty much stick to just links at Xomba, and I've noticed that a lot of my links rank higher than the actual hubs. If the links are nofollow, so be it, I still get some early traffic while my hub is still new.

As far as Redgage goes, sometimes I make pennies a week, and sometimes I make pennies a day. Either way it seems worth the minute or so it takes to put up a link and a short blurb. Even if I stop using it, I wouldn't delete the account because the pennies will just keep accumulating.

15. maheshpatwal profile image65
    maheshpatwalposted 13 years ago

I have an account in xomba, however have not used it yet. It is a community full of spamster.

16. LindaJM profile image80
    LindaJMposted 13 years ago

I think they've placed no-follow on their links to discourage spammers. Can't blame them for that... but it means if I'm going to write an article I want to put a backlink into, I'll go somewhere that's do-follow, like Gather.Com.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)