Can you critique my DAILY strategy

Jump to Last Post 1-14 of 14 discussions (47 posts)
  1. RealityBomb profile image60
    RealityBombposted 13 years ago

I decided to put together a 10 step strategy that I intend to follow every day to help my hubs and my website bring in traffic and hopefully start to develop an ever increasing income. Please tell me what you think and I'd also like to know if you think I'm missing something important. Remember its a DAILY strategy.

1. Research Article subject and keyword potential.

2. Write article for HubPage.

3. Write another article on the same topic (with no duplicate content) for my website.

4. Add two-way links between both articles.

5. Tweet about both articles

6. Ping website article to Pingomatic, Blogcatalogue and Technorati.

7. Try and find a relevant question on Yahoo! Answers that allows me to link to my hub article as a source.

8. Bookmark BOTH articles on StumbleUpon, Xomba, delicious, reddit, digg and furl.

9. Syndicate my websites RSS feed to a couple RSS aggregators

10. Surf the web for an hour, adding backlinks from as many RELEVANT sources as possible such as blog comments, forums etc.

And thats it!
    If I follow this 10 step process every single day at least once per day but every time I write a new hub, I'm pretty sure it will be quite successful at getting a steady flow of traffic for my hubs and my website. I'm not going crazy OTT with the backlinking and there'll be fresh content published every day.

So what do you think?
    Will it work and how long would you guess-timate it will take to start getting an average income from it?

1. Marisa Wright profile image87
      Marisa Wrightposted 13 years agoin reply to this

A word of warning on this one - if you link to HubPages too often on Yahoo! Answers, you'll find you're suddenly unable to post answers at all (a form of banning).  It will affect not just you, but every other Hubber.  So far it's only been temporary but I always worry they'll get fed up and block us permanently.

The key is to make several answers linking nowhere, or to other sites, for every one Hub.  Same goes for Stumbleupon - you'll get banned if all you do is link to Hubs.

2. Pcunix profile image91
    Pcunixposted 13 years ago

Average income of what?  Do you mean an average amount of Adsense/Amazon/affiliate earnings or an average living wage?

3. Mikeydoes profile image43
    Mikeydoesposted 13 years ago

Sounds like you have a good strat there. I do less than that for sure!

1. Mark Knowles profile image56
      Mark Knowlesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

1. Good.
      2. Good.
      3. Good.
      4. No. Add link from article A on website to hubpage A, link from hubpage A to article B, and from article B to hubpage B.

Wait one to three months.

5. If you have lots of followers - great. If not - waste of time.
      6. Waste of time.
      7. Good.
      8. After 10 articles from each you will never get any traffic from SU, and the same as 5 applies.
      9. Good.
      10. Good.

It takes minimum 3 months for just about anything to start to work online. How much money you make will depend how good your research was in the first place and how much money there is in the subjects you chose. If your competition is too strong - you will never rank for anything doing this bare bones approach.

I generally prefer NOT to leave exactly the same footprint everywhere. Why? Because if it stops working - it stops working for all your pages.

RealityBombposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I don't mean to be rude but saying it takes three months is absolute nonsense.
        I've had a BRAND NEW website indexed and ranked in less than 24 hours before and then earned a PR score of 3/10 two days later.

You sound very negative.
        It would have been helpful if you explained your reasons why pinging a blog is a waste of time. and the linking structure you explained is pretty pointless when you have your websites interal structure set up correctly.

if you could provide proof about stumbleupon also because this has NEVER happen to me with any of my other websites ever.

Finally I would LOOOOVE to know how this footprint (as you call it) would stop working because it would never ever leave the same footprint anyway as not everyone does the same online everyday and things don't just stay static where you left them, people scrape stuff and people link to stuff.

LOLOLOLOL

Really? Well I will be sure and be more helpful next time. Still - if you can get a PR3 in 2 days - I should be taking your advice. lol

Why even ask if you are such a expert?

I'm sorry but as I said I don't mean to be rude but your coming across like your MR INTERNET.

I'm sure it will be my pleasure, I'm NEW to hub pages and strategys are slightly different however not that much and thats why I felt I should point a few things out.

And that PR 3 was in 3/4 days not two and that is the gods honest gospil.

1. Uninvited Writer profile image79
              Uninvited Writerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Well, I would trust the words of those who make their living off the Internet legitimately.

2. Mark Knowles profile image56

LOL

No worries,. I suggest you take your advice from people who have just started if your ego is more important. Goodness' knows you don't want it from some one who thinks he knows what he is doing. wink

Just remember - I own the term "frongelous facial growth," and that did not come easy. lol

1. Cordale profile image71
                Cordaleposted 13 years agoin reply to this

this made me laugh.

Pcunixposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The "footprint" is that Google doesn't like this activity and is constantly working to negate its value.  Mark is absolutely right: if you are going to try to mess with Google (which I advise against, personally), you need to vary your methods so that if they do negate one, you don't lose all value at one swoop.

Personally, I would rather just write good content.

Oh for sure!

But don't you think it can also be the case where people can get too worried about this because maybe they simply haven't received the response they hoped for?
            Also, the footprint I'm likely to make with these steps I mentioned is so minute in the grand ol' scheme of things will it really matter that much, especially if each time it's ORIGINAL content which search engine love. I could be wrong on this but don't you think people are just thinking above their station?

1. Pcunix profile image91

I don't bother with much of what you do. I may tweet or fb a post and I will link to my own or somebody elses content if it is relevant and I think of it, but other than that, my strategy is to create content, not try to fool Google.

Now, the people who insist you can't do it that way will tell you that I have an unfair advantage by virtue of having a thirteen year old site.  They will also tell you I am an idiot smile and I am sure they are right on both counts.

But other people here also follow the same path and do well, so my faults may not matter.  YMMV.

3. saleheensblog profile image60
          saleheensblogposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I see your RealityBomb.com has a page rank of 0 not 3 and the site is matured enough [1year]

If it achieved a pagerank of 3 in 3 days why do you need others' advice?

4. skyfire profile image79
    skyfireposted 13 years ago

If you own your domain and hosting then make link from Hubpages to your site. Not the other way around. Avoid two-way links and get links from hubpages to your own sites.

5. Pcunix profile image91
    Pcunixposted 13 years ago

I'll disagree with Mark about Twitter being a waste of time if you only have a few followers.

Actually, if your followers do not themselves follow lots of people, more of them will see your tweet than if you have thousands who in turn follow thousands.  Your stuff gets buried in that mess. I won't even follow anyone who has more than a very few hundred followrs - above that it's all twitter-noise.

Also, if you use hashtags, many non-followers may see your tweet. You have NO idea how many that might be!

Finally, even ONE follower can be the one who retweets or mentions it on a popular blog.

Aside from that, how on earth can something that takes one mouse click on HP be a "waste" of time?  Are we even talking about a full second of time?  i doubt it..

If it results in nothing then it is a waste of time. Do enough small wastes of time and you end up wasting a lot of time. Sure - you might get lucky and it might get a result, but by and large - it will not.

Therefore it is a waste of time. It is really, really easy to get into a pattern of wasting small amounts of time doing stuff like this. I know - I have done it. Logging into the 7 social bookmarking accounts he mentioned, pinging to 3 ping services and repeating exactly the same footprint every time will mostly be a waste of time.

You have made it abundantly clear that you know nothing about creating your own backlinks, and never do so - so I am rather surprised you have an opinion on this.

Generally (not always the case) - the more effort something takes, the better the result. Easy-peasy one click answers which everyone wants do not do anything - except the occasional lucky strike. I do not rely on getting occasional lucky strikes any more.

You are forgetting about hashtags - and everything else I said.

But fine - you do what you want.

Everybody else: feel free to ignore that one part of his advice.

Don't start on the "You don't know anything", Mark:  I've been doing this since before Google existed.

I've been in that game and quit it because unless you really want to play dirty and hard, it's pointless.

Now play nice.  You don't trash me and I won't trash you and then maybe the admins won'y have to close the thread, OK?

Oh, and as far as wasting time goes:  I consider anything more than a tweet and a FB post a waste of time - unless, again, you want to get into playing the hard games of link wheels, buying links and all that stuff.

I never said any such thing about you not knowing anything. I am sure you know about a lot of internet stuff. I myself know almost nothing of the technical side of things and I know you know all about that.

I am just surprised to see you advocating creating your own artificial backlinks. I thought you were aggressively against that - I was obviously mistaken.

I am sure that creating a bunch of artificial links to your pages on twitter has been very successful for you if you say so. I am happy for you. I have not found it to be worth my time.

I am against it personally.  I think it's immoral and interferes with Googles ability to find the best content.

However, people are going to do it because it's not illegal and they want money. That being the case, I'd rather they learn how from people like you and Misha than do stupid things which can harm HP and themselves.

Fair enough?

We have very different views of the world.

I tweet and fb because, mixed into the few hundred people who follow me there are real fans who actually WANT to know when I have written something new.   I use hashtags when I remember so that my posts can reach those following those tags.

I am sure that you must have real fans, too.  How odd that you don't think it worth a half second of your precious time to give them a heads up.

Different worlds, indeed.

I think it is fantastic that you create artificial links to your pages. I am just surprised - as you are so opposed to that. Still - do as I say, not as I do is a popular approach. Good for you.

smile

Nice try, Mark.

I do admire your wit.  Just not your methods.

So - when you create artificial links - it is to help people find your great content, but when others do it - it is to manipulate google.

Dear me. sad

C'mon Mark.  You are just trying to bait me and everybody reading knows it.

Why don't you just play nice for a change?  I gave you your cred, I send people to you if they insist upon going the grey hat road, why do you look for trouble?

I fb and tweet for real fans, not for SEO.  Get over it, and I hope you are having a wonderful day in spite of your attempts to stir up trouble smile

2. Marisa Wright profile image87
        Marisa Wrightposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I agree absolutely with this.  Time passes quickly when you're on the internet, and it's easy to think you've spent only a few minutes doing all these "quick" things - but if you check the clock, you'll find it's taken much longer than you think.

Besides, how do you know which of these things help, if you're always doing all of them together all the time?  There's a good chance some of them are doing nothing.

I don't ping my websites but I do have Wordpress set up so it does it for me (no effort).  I have my HubPages and blogs set up to Tweet automatically (no effort).

6. 2patricias profile image60
    2patriciasposted 13 years ago

I agree with the point about wasting tiny amounts of time - it adds up to too much wasted time.
    You need to spend some time getting your head and brain into the real world so that you can get good ideas for new subject matter.
    It is easy to get sucked into promotion and forget that step one is writing great content.

Very good point, as the old cliche goes content is king. I hate that I've just said that but its very true

1. sabrebIade profile image79
        sabrebIadeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

"8. Bookmark BOTH articles on StumbleUpon, Xomba, delicious, reddit, digg and furl."

Furl?
        I thought Furl was gone....

7. frogdropping profile image77
    frogdroppingposted 13 years ago

The best way forward is to write GREAT content and then employ a GREAT b/link strategy. Now - that's not rocket science is it?

And I'm a little bemused RB as to why you're asking for help and gaining the advice of the likes of MK and PC - then state you've had sites placed and ranked within three days.

8. skyfire profile image79

Twitter Hashtags contains the updated content(tweets) and the blogs/news sites or any site that uses twitter data fetches the hashtag content with updated tweets. You'll not see tweet from 2009 for holiday keyword,  in Nov 2010. To verify this you can add twitter search module on squidoo page with popular holiday keywords and see if it shows old tweets. So for high traffic keywords/hashtags your tweet will lost in small pond of twitverse. In order to keep your content under hashtags updates you've to constantly tweet/retweet your link. This is close to spam and what they call same as polluting internet.

In short cons are :

Nofollow Links
    Link Spam
    Regular Tweet Updates under Hashtag

But you are talking about on on-going strategy of promotion.  I'm just saying that for the half second it takes to tweet, you can certainly get enough benefit.

Unless a half second of your time is worth a heck of a lot more than mine is smile

9. skyfire profile image79

I agree it's fast to hit tweet button but without analyzing competition and blindly tweeting will get no benefit(for competitive niche atleast).

Point is about how fast that hashtag(for competitive niche) floods with competing tweets and where in that stream our tweet stands. If you look at that then twitter hashtags also become useless.

I remember Wry's post on hashtaging every word in tweet, that will keep the link for a while in twitverse for low search hashtags.

Again, different worlds.

I'm not looking for SEO benefit from hashtags.  I'm looking to benefit people who may be looking for info on that subject.  If they happen to give me some SEO benefit, fine, but that's not my reason for doing it.

It's not all about us, you know :-)

In thinking about this stuff, that has always been my main focus: help other people.  That's not altruistic: it builds loyalty, interest and causes people to spread your name, so it ends up helping me.

But fooling Google is a fine strategy too, I guess..

10. saleheensblog profile image60
    saleheensblogposted 13 years ago

@Pcunix, I just post my links with tracker in the social bookmarking sites especially in FB at least for one reasons:

1. People may visit my hub, no matter they read read or not, they click on ads or not but they may sign up for HP clicking one of my tracker. I myself came to HP clicking a tracker of a hubber named Ten Blogger after reading her hub on Funny Job Interview Questions and Perfect Answers !! And believe me I checked at least 20 hubs written by her and clicked on many many many ads. If you have a lot of Asian friends in your account I guarantee that you will get clicks as users of this part of world is by nature spammer and click lover. This may not work in the other part of the world. So I don't mind taking few minutes posting my links in FB and twitter.

11. skyfire profile image79

If you managed to read what i have posted in previous reply(reference to cons of twitter hashtags), you'll think before making another epic Ethical SEO attack next time. SEO Benefit ? by polluting twitverse hashtags(in turn internet)? I get it. 

Using hashtags is not all about us ? I agree. :-)

Yup.

Let me see, by commenting on other blogs with Link(like satish kaushik's analytics blog) then backing that comment again(which contains link)by posting here on hubpages forum topic. Oh i see playing with google so-called deep-linking ethical behavior works i guess ?

Carry On your ethical rants. Those who see through it already are tired of this for sure. So save some holiday time for me by ignoring my post.

I'm not making an SEO attack, epic or otherwise.

Chill. You are wound up WAY too tight smile

I have little memory as to what I might have commented about at Kaushik's blog, but it wasn't done for SEO.   I don't give a rat's patootie about your backinking SEO games.  Whatever the comment was, it had genuine purpose behind it.  I reviewed his book at my site and strongly recommended his site to others.

What was this comment about, Skyfire?  Could it have had to do with my disliking his survey tool and telling him so? 

Sheesh smile

12. Misha profile image62
    Mishaposted 13 years ago

LOL Mark, I gave up on the guy long ago, he is incorrigible. And nowadays I let blinds follow blind, I came to the conclusion that trying to steer them in the right direction is not worth the effort and usually badly backfires - they bash you in return and continue on their way to the cliff. Why bother? smile

Exactly my opinion of you, oddly enough smile

Trust me: I have no interest in being steered by you.  However, for those that want to do black and grey hat SEO, I do refer them to your hubs.  Hopefully they will learn enough not to cause problems for HP or themselves.

13. Tarin profile image60
    Tarinposted 13 years ago

Twitter is useful for individuals who follow your material on cell phones I've found.

I would avoid pinging as hubpages gets indexed easily anyways.

14. profile image28
    swamipsnposted 13 years ago

Concentrate on content, hubpage already has good SEO itself and trusted by Google. Anyway your steps will take too much time.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)