Read or Write more?

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (12 posts)
  1. PennyWise profile image61
    PennyWiseposted 15 years ago

Just out of curiousity, do you spend more time writing your own HubPages or reading others'?

2. Inspirepub profile image72
    Inspirepubposted 15 years ago

It varies.

During the HubLove contest, it was definitely more time writing, but now I am only publishing a Hub every week or two, so it's probably about 50/50.

I wish I had more time to read Hubs, because I never get to all the ones written by the Hubbers I am following, let alone having time to browse for undiscovered gems.

Oh, for that life of leisure on that tropical island with that high-speed internet connection ...

Jenny

3. Tater2tot profile image58
    Tater2totposted 15 years ago

I spend more time reading others' hubs. I need to spend more time writing but I like to see all the opinions and ideas out there. smile

4. embitca profile image85
    embitcaposted 15 years ago

I spend very little time reading other hubs. If I'm here I'm either working on my own hubs or making trouble in the forum smile

1. Tater2tot profile image58
      Tater2totposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Haha. Making trouble. tongue I like doing both. (reading hubs and commenting in the forums)

5. darkside profile image63
    darksideposted 15 years ago

Writing.

Though I do read a lot of forum posts.

6. cjcs profile image60
    cjcsposted 15 years ago

I think I spend a lot more time reading. People here have so much interesting stuff to share. I do try to post at least one hub a week, but sometimes life has other ideas.

CJ

7. PennyWise profile image61
    PennyWiseposted 15 years ago

That's cool...

How often do you guys find yourself clicking on ads you're interested in?

1. thranax profile image73
      thranaxposted 15 years agoin reply to this

*Cough*...

2. darkside profile image63
      darksideposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Never.

3. Marisa Wright profile image87
      Marisa Wrightposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Almost never.  Murphy's Law dictates that the only ones I'd like to click on are the ones in my own Hubs - which I'm not allowed to click on!

8. thranax profile image73
    thranaxposted 15 years ago

Yup, I use the forums more then anything else here. I do enjoy reading other Hubs, they really are good and do have a nice quality to them. I think most of the Hubbers are good writers and I love reading there content. You just can't forget you need to make Hubs, I make them slowly but I collect a lot of information and data before writing and publishing. I'm hoping to soon get out of data collecting (being f-ing lazy) and write more Hubs. smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)