jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (10 posts)

Fans Needed! ;-)

1. Ann Smith profile image61
    Ann Smithposted 9 years ago

Am I at risk for committing a huge Hubber faux pas for asking for help on getting some fans?   I currently have ZERO, and it makes me sad.

Please don't yell at me if I have behaved badly by asking!  I am still new and learning the ropes a bit.  Thank you.

-- Ann

1. ProCW profile image82
      ProCWposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I was new once... haha... http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/5499 smile Still am smile

Write ... something... smile

ProCW

Happy Hubbing.

2. sherwinboy profile image60
      sherwinboyposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Yea, you get fans as you write more and get  better hubscore and post on the forums.

2. Ann Smith profile image61
    Ann Smithposted 9 years ago

Thanks. Love the witty poem! I have written 14 hubs so far...but plan to write much more.  Thanks again!

1. ProCW profile image82

Uh... under a different name? smile Not showing up in here that you've written anything... but your profile says that you have... GOODNESS!!! smile

I'll check it out now... smile

ProCW

1. thranax profile image50
        thranaxposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Pro, I think she has them written but not published or even online, maybe in a journal or something.

If you want fans publish your works, I'm sure if its good content you will get some fans in no time smile

Hope this helps,

-thranax

1. ProCW profile image82

She did... check her profile.

ProCW

1. terenceyap07 profile image60
            terenceyap07posted 9 years agoin reply to this

Yes, this is really weird. I can see her articles listed in her profile page but the number of hubs shows up as "zero". Is this a glitch?

2. thranax profile image50
            thranaxposted 9 years agoin reply to this

LMAO! It just didn't update...wow the updater must be slow or has an error..

3. Marisa Wright profile image98
    Marisa Wrightposted 9 years ago

Ann, there are two schools of thought about "fans" here on HubPages.

Some people view them a bit like friends on Facebook or Myspace, and play "I'll be your fan if you'll be mine" games.  Others take the term literally - i.e, a fan is someone who admires your work. 

Personally, I prefer the second definition - it's a great feeling to have that kind of fan, because it's a validation that your writing has some merit.  Whereas if people are only joining to be nice, it tells you nothing!    So I will only become a fan if I genuinely like someone's writing, because I'd rather have a few real fans than 500 friends being kind! 

However, everyone's entitled to make their own choice about how they want to use the fan system.

As people notice your Hubs, you'll get fans.  Patience is a virtue!

working