User Name

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (32 posts)
  1. Julie2 profile image60
    Julie2posted 13 years ago

Is there any way I would be able to change it?

2. profile image0
    Website Examinerposted 13 years ago

No, unfortunately that is impossible. You can open a second account, if you wish.

3. barryrutherford profile image76
    barryrutherfordposted 13 years ago

I wanted to alter mine but i have to grin & bear it !

4. Julie2 profile image60
    Julie2posted 13 years ago

I am afraid to open a new one, then I will lose the followers I have now. It just sucks...

If I did decide to open a new account, would I be able to use the same adsense account I have now?

1. profile image0
      Website Examinerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I think your user name is just fine, not that my opinion necessarily carries much weight.

Yes, you can only have one AdSense account, and your current ID is what you will be using under any new HubPages account.

Julie2posted 13 years agoin reply to this

thanks Website Examiner. I just didn't feel that I would be taken seriously with that as the name everyone would see. I appreciate your opinion. When I created my account I didn't know that my username would be the name my writing would be published under. I thought it was the name I would use only to log into my account then I would have my real publishers name when I was in the site.

Oh well!

1. Lisa HW profile image64
          Lisa HWposted 13 years agoin reply to this

There's nothing wrong with your name, but if you don't happen to prefer what you're using you may want to do the switch now, before you get too many more Hubs and/or followers into things.  I've been a big one for just whipping up some easy-to-think of version of my name, only to regret what I went with later.  I'm wondering if you write a Hub like, "Why choosing your user name carefully is important", and then mention (prominently) in it that you're doing the switch, whether most of followers would follow your new name?  Just a thought.

I regret the user name I chose when I didn't really know what kind of writing I wanted to do (or could do) with the HubPages account.  Now, I have a whole "hobby-writing" (separate from my "real" work) "identity" that's earns regularly.  I'm trying to figure out whether to abandon that user name, phase it in with something else, etc.    My user name has irked me for 3 years  (lol), but there was a time when I didn't care that it did.  Now I do.    Anyway, I'm just saying if you think it's going to bother you, better to switch now than let things go on much longer.   hmm

5. Misha profile image64
    Mishaposted 13 years ago

Julie is a beautiful name, and certainly carries some sentimental value for me smile

My real name is Julissa but I like my family and friends to call me Julie...

2. saleheensblog profile image60
      saleheensblogposted 13 years agoin reply to this

she is the second of the twin Julie2 lol

hello misha smile

1. profile image0
        TopUniverseposted 13 years agoin reply to this

User name Julie has already been taken. So Julie2.

If any one join with the name saleheensblog2 then he should have been brother of the saleheensblog. smile

1. saleheensblog profile image60

ha ha ha, you can always take that tongue

6. profile image0
    Website Examinerposted 13 years ago

Julie, you can maintain two or more accounts simultaneously. So no one can prevent you from starting a new account, then you can make it your primary account if and when you are happy with the following and hubs there.

Thanks again Website Examiner. You do make a point. I will consider that.

1. profile image0
        Website Examinerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You are welcome. Just as an aside, I came to think about this hubber, Katiem2, whom I find quite comparable to yours screen name-wise. She is well respected, active, 949 followers. Nobody seems to mind the user name.

http://hubpages.com/profile/katiem2

7. yenajeon profile image55
    yenajeonposted 13 years ago

I feel exactly the same! It scares me that my real name is just floating out there but oh well!..

1. profile image0
      Donna Ferrierposted 13 years agoin reply to this

My real name has been on the net for 20 years. When I designed and published my first blog site (before the word "blog" ever existed or before blog software was ever thought of), being "out there" on the net for all to see as I am (or as I was...LOL) was something I had to deal with. And I've never had a problem.

1. thisisoli profile image81
        thisisoliposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Would you be a greymatter user? tongue

1. profile image0

ummm, not sure I know what that is, this...LOL

I'm glad to hear you've had good experiences Donna Ferrier. What is grey matter, thisisoli?

Gray matter is a major component of the central nervous system.
              http://s2.hubimg.com/u/4337537_f248.jpg

you are too silly salheensblog! LOL. I think he mean't a program or site. I dont know! I'm lost....

lol I was kidding lol

LOL! I know... I want to know what that grey matter was! I asked thisisoli but he didn't answer. It sounds interesting though.

2. barryrutherford profile image76
      barryrutherfordposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Touch wood I have had no threat etc...in 3 plus years...

8. RedElf profile image89
    RedElfposted 13 years ago

I have been online since the eighties, and always used a "username" - never my given name. It is interesting to see all the comments from other women, particularly Donna Ferrier. It took a real leap of faith for me to even put my name on my profile page, but it hasn't led to any more nonsense than any other username I've ever used wink

1. profile image0

Yeah, I signed on when AOL was still charging $2.95 per hour...LOL. Everyone used to talk about how big their AOL bills were. One gal had a $1300 bill once just for one month of AOL.

I've always used usernames in chat forums (2D and 3D), and I was always  DonnaLuise. I have my spelled out name on blogs, press releases, books, and other writing-type stuff, though.

Donna Ferrier, I remember, thats when we had to connect our computers to our telephone line and wait for dial up! ughhh. I hated that! LOL. You couldn't use the computer and telephone at the same time...

1. profile image0

Oh, but you forgot the best part! When all of AOL's competitors started giving unlimited usage for a flat fee, people jumped off of AOL like fleas jumping off a dog...LOL. But then AOL went to the flat fee too, and then everyone came back. The problem was, AOL didn't have enough lines for the massive resurgence, so every time we tried to sign on, we got repeated busy signals. It was a royal mess for awhile.

And you can call me Donna. smile Everyone does. smile

Thank you Donna. Oh my, it was terrible. You could be there for hours waiting for a signal! LOL. I do remember, ughhh. Thank God for technology!!

9. RedElf profile image89
    RedElfposted 13 years ago

Ouch! I was lucky enough to have a free account through a computer job at the university. It was great, but it rather spoiled me. Later, I was stuck with dial-up long after high-speed (DSL and ADSL?) came into common usage because I lived out of town. That was painful. Is good now, but old habits die hard, even with SPAM filters. big_smile

10. Pearldiver profile image68
    Pearldiverposted 13 years ago

Hellofa name for a boy Sue hmm

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)