jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (11 posts)

Have I done this right?

1. Lissa101 profile image61
    Lissa101posted 6 years ago

Well, I am new to this hubbing and I think I have published my first hub and included some products. How do I know I have done it correctly?  I have read alot of the information from the help pages but alas I am still unsure. 

Also, when I go into my account and click on the bub is that included in the viewing tally?

1. livewithrichard profile image84
      livewithrichardposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Welcome to HP and congrats on your first hub. 

Just a bit of advice and a question.  First, try to place an image along with your posts it adds a bit of quality and makes the hub visually appealing.  Second, I would move the Amazon module up above the comments and place it to the right of a text module.

Now for the question. Are you already an Amazon affiliate? I only ask because a lot of people join here, publish a bunch of hubs without filling in their affiliate information (Adsence and Amazon) and then come to the forums asking why they haven't earned anything.

Lissa101posted 6 years agoin reply to this

thanks for the response livewithrichard

I was going to include a picture, however I was worried about which pictures I am allowed to upload or whether I should take a picture myself or find one on the internet. Yes I have an amazon affiliate id.

1. livewithrichard profile image84
          livewithrichardposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Getting closer.  I would edit this hub and do the following:

on your first text module give it a heading, don't worry if you repeat the title of the hub.

Make a second text module that includes both the ingredients and the utensils, also give it a heading and then place the Amazon module to the right of it.  Right now there is a lot of white space since there is no picture.

Third text module below that for method and when you find a picture place it next to this module.  The first picture will always be the picture for the hub and if there is no picture then your avatar will take the place.

Then the comments section.

Here is the layout:

Text
          Text > Amazon
          Text > Picture
          Comments

Hope this helps.

2. travelespresso profile image79
    travelespressoposted 6 years ago

Congratulations on your first hub.  Its a great effort and it looks nice and reads very well.
    I agree with Richard - I didn't see the products at first as they're below the comments section.  Move them up!

thankyou, I have moved them up and hopefully to the right of the text module yikes)

3. Pandoras Box profile image69
    Pandoras Boxposted 6 years ago

What he said, plus know that anytime you want to, you can always post a link to a hub under the Extreme Hub Makeover forum, and people will make suggestions.

You can't link to a hub under any other forum but the Extreme Hub Makeover. You didn't, of course, I just wanted to let you know that you can.

Frankly, looking back, I wish I had done that with my first dozen or so hubs.

Congrats on your first hub.

Thank you I will do this.

4. KCC Big Country profile image87
    KCC Big Countryposted 6 years ago

Yes, your views and edits all count in your pageview tally on HubPages even before you publish the hub for viewing by others.

Welcome to Hubpages.

Thanks very much for your help

1. profile image0
        ssaulposted 6 years agoin reply to this

congrats and welcome to HP

working