jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)

Google redirects clicks to my hub - to another page

1. Rickrideshorses profile image86
    Rickrideshorsesposted 6 years ago

Hello,
    My hub 'Learn shorthand writing online' (http://hubpages.com/hub/Learn-shorthand-writing-online) ranks fourth on Google under the searcj 'learn shorthand writing online'. But when I clicked today for the first time it redirected to somebody else's page. Traffic to this hub has also dropped by half recently. What's going on? Why is this?
    Thanks,
    Rick

1. Susana S profile image91
      Susana Sposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Same as Cagsil, though I found your page at number 1.

Traffic drops are caused by google's recent panda update (or farmer update as it's also called).

2. Cagsil profile image59
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

I haven't a clue about what you are talking about. I opened a new tab to Google search and found your hub listed. When I clicked on the link, it took me directly to your hub. hmm

1. profile image0
      ryankettposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Same as Cagsil.

3. skyfire profile image72
    skyfireposted 6 years ago

By any chance there is spyware/adware installed on your system ? I know two brands (freeze.net/starware) that are modifying search results to relevant advertisers site if installed on desktop. Check if your antivirus/spyware cleaner detects any such activity, or it could be just a glitch.

1. profile image0
      ryankettposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Yes, I had one of these, which kept taking me to other places. Only affected Internet Explorer though and not Firefox, maybe that is the OP's issue.

4. SunSeven profile image63
    SunSevenposted 6 years ago

It took me to the page the link you gave. No redirection from here. May be its a geo thing?

5. Rickrideshorses profile image86
    Rickrideshorsesposted 6 years ago

Thanks for all the replies, they're really helpful. It must be then that there's some sort of adware on my computer as other sites have redirecting, too. I ran an antivirus programme last week which appeared to have cleared any viruses but I'll run everything again.
    Thanks again, Rick

working