Push button backlinking

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (20 posts)
  1. smalika profile image61
    smalikaposted 13 years ago

I have just started to use a program for back linking, I wanted to know how effective are these programs in improving page ranking?

1. Bill Manning profile image68
      Bill Manningposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Not much. It fact chances are it will hurt you. If you want to backlink, do it yourself manually,,,,,,

,,,, and no, I don't know good places to backlink to, it requires lots of work. wink

2. profile image0
      Sophia Angeliqueposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Initially, when I came here, many were advising me to backlink. It was so much work!

At hubcamp, we were advised not to. I'm not backlinking anymore.

1. Peter Hoggan profile image69
        Peter Hogganposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Sophia, who advised you not to backlink and what was their reason?

1. profile image0

Robin, the wife of the owner, at hubcamp.

1. saleheensblog profile image60
            saleheensblogposted 13 years agoin reply to this

[I am no expert and neither do I backlink. Still I have some views of my own. Those are as following:]

Sofia, then there must be some condition applied things like, "Choose low competition, high traffic, good paying keywords"- but in this world those keywords are very scarce if not absent. Its true that hubbers like Pcunix, WryLilt don't backlink but still manage to earn well but they could have done better with back linking, I believe. Products hubs can do well without backlinking but it is very hard to get the max out of a content rich hub without baklinking.

For a single hub you can choose 100s of keyword to be ranked well, and each different keyword will need different level of backlinking. Lets give an example.

Keyword- 5000 traffic/month- 1.5 cpc -Backlinking may not be needed
            Keyword- 50,000 traffic/month- 3cpc- Backlinking must.

Now its your choice to set your target.

Just my thoughts.

1. profile image0

Saleheen, until the recent SEO upset, I got to the front page of Bing, Yahoo, and google, without having to backlink, within a few days. So, it very much depends on whether one is able to use long tail keywords and find topics that are unique. I was able to do that. Even now, there are some of my topics that weren't displaced.

2. Peter Hoggan profile image69
            Peter Hogganposted 13 years agoin reply to this

What was the reason given?

1. profile image0

I don't think I asked but we were told it's best to wait for the hubs simply to mature because over a period of time, Google logarithms keep testing to see if one's work is read. If it is read every time it is clicked, then it gradually moves up.

Personally, I'm happy to do that for the following reasons.

a) It's too much work
              b) At some point, Google will get annoyed with all the false back linking and change its parameters so that back links aren't included. At that point, all that work is going to be pretty much useless.

In other words, I'd just as well do it the hard way. smile

2. White Teeth profile image60
        White Teethposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Wow...

3. profile image0
        BRIAN SLATERposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Sophie if that was before the alogerithm change how do you feel about now?

1. profile image0

@Brian.

The same way.

Just have to work harder at finding more unique things to write about.

2. smalika profile image61

how effective are Digg and shetoldme? I have just started backlinking, I am still trying to learn the ropes.

3. classicalgeek profile image79
    classicalgeekposted 13 years ago

I like SheToldMe; it's one of the fifteen or so places I use for backlinking. I have covered backlink sites that pay in one of my hubs, and I like the fact that for fifty more words, I can leverage the content I've already written both into increased traffic and another source of income.

4. prettydarkhorse profile image54
    prettydarkhorseposted 13 years ago

HP encourages us to promote our works http://learningcenter.hubpages.com/ under the heading "Getting Traffic"

5. wychic profile image84
    wychicposted 13 years ago

If I really felt like it, I could copy/paste over a thousand really horribly-written crap comments that have been left on my sites by backlink software. It's useless, it's unmitigated spam, and any site owner with any sense will prevent its ever even being shown. If it's on bookmark sites only, then you end up with a slew of bookmarks that have identical information across the sites and that haven't really given anyone a good reason to come check out your pages. My advice is to take the time, do it right, and only place backlinks where you can actually add value for people by doing so.

6. smalika profile image61

thank you all smile..

7. sunforged profile image71
    sunforgedposted 13 years ago

It depends on what you consider earning well ^

8. skyfire profile image81
    skyfireposted 13 years ago

If not them then rest of the others are creating backlinks for this site which helps the domain. Try experimenting on your own site by not backlinking at all (and strictly no footprints like- using the URL for blog commenting, facebook, twitter, forum etc) then tell me the results of so-called no-backlinking. This is just my theory on footprints, sunforged/peter can correct me if i'm wrong.

Considering the slap that HP got recently, it's hard to recover without backlinks. Squidoo lenses don't do much without backlinks (both -organic/partial).

1. saleheensblog profile image60
      saleheensblogposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I totally agree with you. I never denied the importance of backlinking.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)