jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (12 posts)

Suicide

1. lilyfly profile image73
    lilyflyposted 6 years ago

Patty, everyone, AA Zavala thinks he has uncovered a suicide attempt. It is no longer published, the message came thru for me moments ago. Does anyone know of someone in trouble... anyone who has spoken of this?
    I simply don't know what steps to take... does anyone know the brass of hubpages better than I? Please, let's try to help this person. Thank you! lilyfly

2. profile image0
    Sophia Angeliqueposted 6 years ago

You can contact hubpages at:

team@hubpages.com

1. Patty Inglish, MS profile image95
      Patty Inglish, MSposted 6 years agoin reply to this

That's the best thing to do immediately.

2. lilyfly profile image73
      lilyflyposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Sophia, thanks, I believe I just did, umm, I might be behind the curve being here in Alaska, if anyone knows any other things we can do, I thank you- obviously some info had to be submitted to begin publishing. I thank you all ahead of time...lily

1. Patty Inglish, MS profile image95
        Patty Inglish, MSposted 6 years agoin reply to this

HubPages offices are on Pacific time, so they are in now. Hope they see it.

3. Maddie Ruud profile image79
    Maddie Ruudposted 6 years ago

We addressed this situation when it was brought to our attention yesterday.  Thank you all for your concern.  The best thing to do is to email us, in these cases.

1. lilyfly profile image73
      lilyflyposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Thank you Hubteam, it's grand to be with a group of folks that care, Zavala and friends have assured me all that could be done... was. Thanks again, and I consider that everything that could be done... was. Thanks again... all.
      lily

4. tritrain profile image82
    tritrainposted 6 years ago

I want to thank all of you for caring enough to bring this to the attention of the HubPages staff.

I'm personally very touched by this as it hits very close to home for me.

1. Castlepaloma profile image76
      Castlepalomaposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I wrote a hub, check it out

Suicide of the unloved

2. Maddie Ruud profile image79
      Maddie Ruudposted 6 years agoin reply to this

It's happened before... not often, but probably once or twice a year.  We always email the author encouraging them to get support, and call the local police (based on IP address), giving them whatever information we have.

Please, please do email us if you come across Hubs or profiles declaring an intent to commit suicide.  Just flagging the Hub means it might sit buried amidst a large number of other flagged Hubs until somebody gets through all the rest of them, and in these matters, time is of the essence.

5. profile image0
    Motown2Chitownposted 6 years ago

Stumbled on this thread just now, and actually, I have to say Kudos to the HubPages team.  Taking this seriously is admirable, and you do.  Thanks!  It's nice to know that us little hubbers are more than just numbers and quirky user names to the big folks. 

Wow.  Thank you!

smile

6. RedElf profile image83
    RedElfposted 6 years ago

Well done Maddie and team HubPages - I have seen a couple of these threads in my time here and am always pleased that the response is so speedy add caring big_smile

working