Does Anyone Know How To Reach Maddie?

Jump to Last Post 1-14 of 14 discussions (29 posts)
  1. profile image0
    Please Helpposted 14 years ago

Maddie, I hope you are reading this, or whomever that can help.

I have posted almost 150 Hubs...and if you are reading this, you know that takes time, energy, and effort.  I had these hubs split among a few accounts.  One day all my accounts were no longer posted, and I could not post additional hubs.  I am not sure what I did wrong (not even close to be adult content), but I cannot even post on to the forum to ask what happened and most importantly how I can correct whatever I did wrong.  I have written to team@hubpages several times and not received a reply.  So I had to create a new profile in order to post here.
    I realize that this is not the correct format to reach the hubpage team, it's just that I really enjoyed being a hubber and was improving daily...not to mention...I have had some major set-backs losing my job of 15 yrs, my hubs were very important to me, and I really want to correct whatever I must have done wrong, if you could help I would really be thankful.
    (Not to mention my family that has to deal with me down in the dumps)

Many thanks,
    Joe the Plumber

2. Marisa Wright profile image84
    Marisa Wrightposted 14 years ago

Hi Joe, I hope you get your problem resolved.

Can you tell us a bit more about your Hubs, we might be able to suggest where you were going wrong.  Why were you using several accounts instead of just one, for instance?

Were they overly promotional, perhaps?  That means you had too many links to your other sites.  Or were you using material copied from other sites (that can be a problem, even if you're only quoting and stating the source, if you're using really big chunks).

1. profile image0
      Please Helpposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hi Marisa,
      Thanks for the fast reply. My job of 15+ yrs was in the auto insurance industry. Besides scooping ice-cream at Baskin-Roobins and a paper route, the only job I've ever had, so...it's basically the only thing I am good at...My hubs were on auto insurance (boring to most people I know)...and the reason I had different profiles...they were each named after my co-workers whom I worked side by side since I started working 15 yrs ago...Like my family...I got really depressed, and the profile/names were a way of feeling connected...sad...but true...the links were 1 to 2 per hub...original content (although my son helped write a dozen or so...which were not the greatest...though I have seen a lot worse)...about 400 to 600 words...and they were at times (you know one here or there flagged, corrected, and resubmitted, and republished no problems) then WHAM! Everything 140+ hubs gone??? Any help would be GREAT...THANKS!
      Joe the Plumber

3. Marisa Wright profile image84
    Marisa Wrightposted 14 years ago

One more question - how have you searched for your Hubs?  Is it just that you can't log into your accounts?  Have you tried searching for them without being logged in?

1. profile image0

When I log in, I see " 0 Hubs Published " yet, thankfully my hubs are still inside my account, when I post the hubpage/myurllink I see the hubpage that says 'no longer published'...
      Hopefully someone from the Hubpages team reads this thread....Thanks for your replies...

4. sunstreeks profile image81
    sunstreeksposted 14 years ago

team@hubpages.com

E-mail them and they will let you know what you need to do to get your hubs republished, or if they will even allow it.

If your accounts are not able to have their hubs republished you can always copy and paste them somewhere else.

1. Marisa Wright profile image84
      Marisa Wrightposted 14 years agoin reply to this

sunstreeks, if you read the first post, you'll see they've emailed the team several times.

1. mandybeau1 profile image60
        mandybeau1posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yes I wondered if she had seen that. The Hubs don't go away, I think it is a Glitch in the System, not something that you have done wrong.

2. profile image0

Hi Sunstreeks,
      Thanks for your reply...I tried emailing team@hubpages...(about 8 times at least) and they have not replied...I really want to get this corrected...Would you happen to know of any other way of getting in touch with Maggie Rudd, or anyone else on the Hubpages team?
      Thanks,
      Joe the Plumber

1. darkside profile image57
        darksideposted 14 years agoin reply to this

8 times in the last 3 hours?

She may have turned off her computer and left the office for the day.

Here's the time where she's at.

1. profile image0

Thanks for replying...
          NO...not 8+ times in 3 hours...2 weeks....I wrote in my original post that I was not able to post in the forums on those accounts I wrote about, so...I opened this new account...3 hours ago....if you know any way of getting in touch with the hubpages team...(other than team@hubpages ) please let me know...thanks!

5. Appletreedeals profile image66
    Appletreedealsposted 14 years ago

Bummer, I hope you get this straightened out. I too am waiting for a team reply for a couple days now.

1. profile image0

Thanks for the reply...if I learn of a way of getting in touch with the Hubpages team other than team@hubpages, I'll let you know, PLEASE do the same...
      Many Thanks!
      Joe the Plumber :-)

6. profile image0
    Please Helpposted 14 years ago

Does anyone have the email address' for the team members at Hubpages? (other than team@hubpages) [See post #1] Thanks!
    Joe the Plumber

7. relache profile image68
    relacheposted 14 years ago

Joe,

When the Hub team has to take action against an account, there is always an email with a reason given.  Maddie has stated this repeatedly when people post saying they have no idea why something occurred, and often reproduces the letter that was sent to them.

Have you gone back through your emails to make sure you didn't miss this message?

Based on what you've said about your Hubs, if all your Hubs only contained one or two links, but all those links were pointing to the same domain, that is one of the things that HubPages defines as spam.  To build "landing pages," which means pages which are meant to try and drive traffic to one particular web destination is one of the main things that HubPages doesn't want.

It's laid out rather straightforwardly in the FAQ,

http://hubpages.com/faq/#overly_promotional

1. profile image0

Relache,
      Thanks for the reply...I have checked my email...No luck in finding anything ....and the links were pointing to different domains...No spamming going on...I have had the 'overly promotional' email from the team once or twice, corrected my hub, resubmitted and had no problems...and I am aware of the TOS...Just trying to be a good Hubber...so...your reply was not on point for my situation...thanks for the thought though...if you know how I can reach the team...(other than team@hubpages...please advise)
      Joe the Plumber

8. relache profile image68

Joe, I was just hypothesizing from what you described.  Have you considered that having all those accounts named after co-workers somehow wasn't a good idea? (again, I'm just guessing)

When I have to contact the team, I do it through the online form, http://hubpages.com/email/help/

You might considering putting Attn: and then someone's name as the subject line to get it to a particular person.

9. Maddie Ruud profile image72
    Maddie Ruudposted 14 years ago

I believe I know who this is.  If I'm correct, I did, in fact, email you back and clearly state why your accounts were banned and why they would not be reinstated.

If I'm mistaken, or you never received my email, or you are afraid your emails are being filtered by our spam filter, you can contact me through the link on my profile.

10. Helen Cater profile image60
    Helen Caterposted 14 years ago

Relache can I ask some advice. I only have links to my other hubs and one link to my blogger for backlinking. My main article is here and I just write a smaller blog on blogger to direct traffic to hubpages and vice versa. If I did this on every one of my hubs is it wrong. I know they encourage you to tweet and facebook. Does blogger come under the same thing?

1. Whitney05 profile image83
      Whitney05posted 14 years agoin reply to this

It's still considered spamming if you promote the same main domain on every hub that you create.

1. Helen Cater profile image60
        Helen Caterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thankyou Whitney that is all I wanted to know.

2. Marisa Wright profile image84

Blogger doesn't have the same system so you should have no problems with having multiple links to your Hubs.

For future reference, you CAN have links to the same site from several Hubs.  For instance, all my bellydance Hubs have a link to my belly dance site, and all my flamenco Hubs have a link to my flamenco site.  And I know that Julie Ann Amos has one link to her site in the credits of every single one of her Hubs. 

The difference is that Julie Ann (and I, I hope!)  write genuine, informative Hubs which aren't just "landing pages".

1. Helen Cater profile image60
        Helen Caterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Marisa but you have just contradicted the above advice and I was about to delete all my links to facebook and blogger as I relly don't want to get banned for the sake of one link to blogger on each hub. So to clarify if I had one link to blogger for a related blog from my hubs this is OK. If I have set up a note on face book when I have published a hub, this is OK too. Along with tweeting the same hub? The FAQ's are a little unclear on sites like Blogger and facebook links. I do not spam and always write original content. You have been very helpful thankyou.

1. Marisa Wright profile image84

Helen, sorry I missed this post and you've probably worked it out by now - but here goes anyway.

I think you're getting confused about links. The only links that can trigger the "overly promotional" flag are hyperlinks ON YOUR HUB.  If you Tweet or Facebook your Hub, you're creating a hyperlink on Twitter and Facebook, not on the Hub. You can have as many incoming links to your Hubs as you like - the more the merrier.

If you have a link from your Blogger blog to your Hub, that's also fine - the hyperlink is on the blog, not on the Hub. 

If you have one link to your Blogger blog on your Hub, that's probably also fine, provided it's not on every single Hub.

It's not a good idea to have a link on your Blogger to your Hub,AND also on the same Hub back to Blogger - that creates a reciprocal (two-way) link, and they cancel each other out.  Choose one way to link for each Hub.

11. relache profile image68

Despite the fact that I seem to get slammed for saying this all the time, I really do suggest that people read and take the time to comprehend the FAQ.  The answer you are looking for really is there. (the answer is yes)

12. Helen Cater profile image60
    Helen Caterposted 14 years ago

OK I have read it all and will remeber not to ask you for advice in the future so if anyone else is willing to give me a little guidance on this point I would be very happy. As a new huber not everything in the FAQ's goes in my head, and to read it all again on a small point about blogger could take me a good few hours..And I am sorry for thinking that this was a Need Help? Ask here forum.....or is my eyesight failing me again. I was in fact trying to be friendly also but it appears that this may not be in your nature. Maybe the help forum is not the place for you to be if you do not wish as a long standing huber to be asked questions that obviously annoy you.

1. mandybeau1 profile image60
      mandybeau1posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hi Iam friendly and now one of your fans. Don't worry about any flack you get, not everyone knows everything. Have a good day
      Mandybeau

13. relache profile image68

Helen, your question was "does blogger come under the same thing?" and after telling you where you could find an answer, I also said "the answer is yes."

How is that not answering your question and how am I acting annoyed by doing so?

I'm sorry you felt that I didn't answer your question, but I did and I didn't do it meanly.  You've chosen to interpret what I said that way, and I really can't do anything about that.

14. Appletreedeals profile image66
    Appletreedealsposted 14 years ago

just a follow=up because I had mention a team email of my own in this thread....

I did get a response from team@hubpages.com, haven't fixed the problem yet, but the email response was very thorough and to the point

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)