I'm out of ideas to enable AdSense. Please, help!

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (24 posts)
  1. Obsolescence profile image56
    Obsolescenceposted 13 years ago

I have an AdSense account

My first application to AdSense was denied

I then tried to apply through HubPages mechanism but was denied because my account was 'disapproved'

So I searched and searched for what to do and heard that I could create a blogger blog and use the AdSense activation on that site, but apparently when your account has been 'disapproved' blogger states as default that your account was disabled (which mine hasn't).

How am I supposed to appeal this, fix this, or work around this? I am completely out of ideas and my research isn't turning up anything new or hopeful.

To reiterate:
    1) My account has never been active
    2) My first application was 'disapproved'
    3) HubPages won't let me register a 'disapproved' account
    4) Blogger also won't let me register a 'disapproved' account and states that it was disabled as a default message

I beg of you, please, help me!

1. sofs profile image75
      sofsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You may have to contact Google support and explain the problem to them. While I waited for approval I found that  many people were just given random answers like yours.  Write more hubs and reapply  again.
      http://www.google.com/support/adsense/b … oter_login

2. tritrain profile image69
      tritrainposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hmmm, what if you tried to sign up for Adsense under a new email account?
      Maybe your spouse?  -- just some ideas.

2. TerryGl profile image58
    TerryGlposted 13 years ago

Trying through Blogger ruled out our first option.

Second option is blackhat and I won't go there.

Third option is write some quality articles, change them to pdf and load them onto Docstoc dot com. Get a few pdf's uploaded and keep doing this for a few days.

Then apply for your account through Docstoc.

That's one other option that might be open to you.

3. Obsolescence profile image56

Thank you for the advice. I'll have to look into that tomorrow.

If anyone else reads this and has some ideas I'll take all the help I can get.

Thanks again! I love this community -- so mature! smile

4. darkside profile image62
    darksideposted 13 years ago

Use a different email address.

1. Obsolescence profile image56
      Obsolescenceposted 13 years agoin reply to this

They do already have my name, address, etc

How could I fill out another account's info in such a way that they could still pay me but not recognize that I have 2 AdSense accounts? I was under the impression that they terminate accounts and ban people for opening multiple accounts. Or do they only count active accounts?

Thanks for replying!

EDIT: Oh and I love your picture!

1. darkside profile image62
        darksideposted 13 years agoin reply to this

If your first application is denied, then you won't have 2 Adsense accounts if the second application is approved.

Though in your opening post in this thread you say "I have an AdSense account".

Before we continue trying to help, when did you get the rejection email and what did it say?

2. sofs profile image75

That will cause you more problems as your physical (home) address and your phone number's are with them... Please don't do that .

The first application was denied. It's not like it was banned. There shouldn't be a problem with using a different email address.

1. sofs profile image75

I did that and I had to wait for seven months to get through ..that is all I can say.  Multiple applications are not well liked by Google... check their site...and you will see what I mean.

5. wizbitz profile image61
    wizbitzposted 13 years ago

Try webanswers or flickr, just make sure you were never banned by Ad Sense.

6. Obsolescence profile image56

Well the saga continues...

I tried to apply via the AdSense site by using my blogger blog's URL and a got another email citing 'domain ownership,' but an hour and a half later I get another email saying congrats you've been accepted. The only problem is that none of my interactions with blogger/hubpages/adsense seem to have changed.

1. sofs profile image75

The Google Histrionics smile  yes the saga may have ended for you, but there will be many others who will go through this .... call it by any name ..the Google ground reality!! smilesmile

7. tritrain profile image69
    tritrainposted 13 years ago

On the bright side, the HubPages Ad program seems to be paying well.

Amazon and, especially, Ebay are the biggest challenges to getting approved these days.  However, both also earn the most income.

8. COLONELpate profile image59
    COLONELpateposted 13 years ago

I'm a newbie on Hubpages so forgive me for being ignorant. I noticed several Google ads on my blog for shelter dogs and rescure organizations. This is fine as I write about dogs.

My question is--do I get any pay for these ads or are they on the house?

Do you have an Adsense account?

Have you read this page: http://hubpages.com/faq/

1. COLONELpate profile image59
        COLONELpateposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thank you, Darkside. I did read the FAQ(or a good bit of it) just now. I only have an Amazon affilitate account, no adsense account.

I'm a bit puzzled about what adsense does for me. It seems that it is so hard to qualify for that I may as well wait for a while to apply.

1. mistyhorizon2003 profile image88
          mistyhorizon2003posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I have to say I never had any problem getting an Adsense account, and it can pay very well. You will need one in order to make a decent income here, if for no other reason than you need an active Adsense account if you are to qualify for the Hubpages Ad program. Together the two programs will most likely form the bulk of your income from writing here on Hubpages, (although some people do very well on Amazon too).

Thank you, Misty. I guess I'll apply for the Adsense account and then the Hubpages Ad program. This is all new to an oldsoldier and quite confusing.

2. darkside profile image62

At the moment I'd do as you've suggested, and hold off applying.

I'd have at least ten good hubs behind you. The current ones are probably too personal. If you added more information about dogs or specific breeds and add your personal story as a side bar it would probably have a better chance at Adsense approval.

Thanks, Darkside. I'll do that.

9. Obsolescence profile image56

I still haven't gotten AdSense to work. Does anyone know if emailing Google would help or where I would send an email for this type of problem?

I don't really understand how this hasn't been addressed before, because it was a very minor mistake and yet this has become a huge hassle to try and untangle when there is so little info around and so few options to try.

I already emailed the HubPages team days ago but no reply.

EDIT: By the way, thank you everyone for all your help and suggestions. I'm sure I'll figure this out eventually.

Did you try doing it through HubPages?

And by that I mean going to https://hubpages.com/my/earnings/affiliate/ and clicking on Configure next to Google.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)