jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (9 posts)

Panda I, Panda II, Panda III?

1. IzzyM profile image88
    IzzyMposted 6 years ago

Here's a weird thing. Post Panda I, my traffic from the other Google's actually increased to the point where I'd just about regained my traffic. Panda II happened just the the other day, and I got well-slapped down (didn't we all?) That was, of course, the English-speaking countries. Panda III is the rest of the world, and my traffic is actually increasing from those quarters as we speak. Anyone else notice this phenomenon?

1. iQwest profile image63
      iQwestposted 6 years ago in reply to this

My traffic popped yesterday, but is back down to lackluster levels today.

2. earnestshub profile image88
      earnestshubposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I have seen a similar pattern.
      Having as many hubs as you have, I would think your info would be better to rely on than mine though.

1. IzzyM profile image88
        IzzyMposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Without giving too much away, the bulk of my google.com traffic comes from just one hub.
        Over the other googles, my traffic from google.co.uk rose 300% and 200% from google.ca across all my hubs.
        Now they are back to pre-Panda I levels.
        Which makes me well-slapped down, but I am seeing a rise from google.in, google.es, google.com.br (whoever they are), google fr as well as yahoo and bing.

Isn't this all weird?

1. earnestshub profile image88
          earnestshubposted 6 years ago in reply to this

It certainly is weird. I imagine when an algorithm is changed even slightly there will be all sorts of side effects.

It reminds me of radiation treatment for cancer. It kills the good cells along with the bad. sad

2. sunforged profile image70
          sunforgedposted 6 years ago in reply to this

brazil

according to a hub: http://hubpages.com/hub/www-google-com- … arch-Webhp  its in Portuguese

1. lrohner profile image84
            lrohnerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Yup. Brazilians speak Portuguese. You know how I know this? I hired a dear friend of mine who was originally from Brazil to help my son with high school Spanish. He flunked. That's when I found out about the whole Portuguese thing. smile

1. sunforged profile image70
              sunforgedposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I was pointing it out because I thought Izzy was in Portugal..profile says otherwise.

Thats a shame about the tutor though! Brazil was only the S american country colonized by Portugal..useless trivia that sticks in my head

1. IzzyM profile image88
                IzzyMposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I've had people from Brazil visiting my bar in Spain(when it was open). Yes they speak Portugese which is similar to Spanish but sounds as if they have bools in their mouths while talking. Try sticking your tongue into your cheek while speaking Spanish and you have Portugese! lol

But isn't it strange that the foreign language googles are picking up now? Just like the other English speaking googles picked up before their algo change.

Each time, it look as if some of my hubs have risen in those search engines after each change.

Of course I am buggered completely when the whole algo rolls out.

Bring on Bing and Yahoo!

working