jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

New thread to discuss Richie's domain issues in private lol

1. Richieb799 profile image60
    Richieb799posted 6 years ago

Since I have been having issues with a certain company trying to steal one of domains, I have had to go stealth mode and I didn't realize the sandbox was for private conversations
    Izzy advised me on this, I think my case is strong but I requested a thread of mine be removed, so hopefully this will disappear Monday

1. profile image0
      CollBposted 6 years agoin reply to this

The best of luck with this request.  Hope everything goes well.  Yes it's probably best to ask for this during the week as any company has to have a break at the weekends or most weekends at least!

2. Aficionada profile image89
    Aficionadaposted 6 years ago

Hey, Richie, I just posted a response in another thread of yours.  I won't repeat it here, but I just wanted to point you to it.  Best wishes!

3. Richieb799 profile image60

Should I email HP staff and ask them to move another two threads to the sandpit? shame they don't work weekends

1. Aficionada profile image89
      Aficionadaposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I'm not sure about the staff's weekend schedule.  I think (underscore think) a limited number of them do work, but I don't know who or how many.  Anyway, it really can't hurt to ask them, but at the same time to be prepared for the possibility that the move may not take place until Monday.

In the meantime, the very sensitive matters you want to discuss might do better in private conversations (e.g. through e-mail), IMO.  Also, you can check back in your threads to see whether any of your own posts are still subject to editing or deletion.  --  I forget how long they are open, but I've always been surprised that it seems like a longer time than I would expect. -- And then, if it is possible to edit them, you can change them just enough to make them more obscure, or to rewrite specific references to become generalities. 

[And also, I think I remember seeing in another thread a suggestion that you print out everything you have written anywhere that relates to this matter.  That would be a wise thing to do before you edit any posts.]

4. Richieb799 profile image60

They should be safe in Sandpit since I doubt the accusing persons would sign up to check Sandpit since they probably don't understand forum as well as we do
    I emailed hub team and requested the switch smile

1. Aficionada profile image89
      Aficionadaposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I guess that's right, but I also am not sure.  LOL.  Not trying to be hysterical or all "conspiracy-theorist" or anything, it's just that I'm not sure exactly how it works.  I know that Izzy said that The Sandpit is not indexed for search engines, but I'm not sure that that means it is truly inaccessible to people who haven't signed in.  I'm hoping someone more knowledgeable than I am will see this and clarify the matter.

I can see the possibility that the company in question may just be trying to intimidate you into doing what they want; but since there are plenty of unknown details about the matter, I think it's wise to play it safe until you have some solid legal advice.

working