jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (13 posts)

1. Is anybody seeing my hub? 2. What is the hubscore?

1. mkbush profile image60
    mkbushposted 6 years ago

I am moving very slowly on posting to my hub (2 posts since last summer!).

Is anybody seeing them?

I have not figured out the adsense/google ads, etc. I seem to keep getting stopped up on email/password, etc.

What is the hubscore? Is it a rating for my writing? If 100 is the max- I seem to have around the 50s- that seems bad.

Somebody give me a boost here on any tips- I need it!

1. Clairepeek profile image60
      Clairepeekposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I am still a novice here and my hubscore (see other comments for more details about the actual term) is not always as I would hope, but it is not what matters in the end... as I told you, just go on writing. If you want to be read, you need to give the reader more hubs. You like to write, it shows in your hubs... do not concern yourself with anything else.
      Read other hubs, comment and answer questions... in other words, be visible and you will attract readers ^_^
      Hope this helped, good luck!
      /Claire

2. WryLilt profile image86
    WryLiltposted 6 years ago

The first tip to stop you stressing: DON'T worry about hub or author score. In the end it won't stop you or make you earn money.

Here are some details on how it's calculated:
    http://hubpages.com/faq/#hubscorecalc

New hubs always start out with scores in the 50s or lower and slowly move up based on a huge variety of factors. The more traffic you get the faster they often rise.

1. shogan profile image87
      shoganposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Well, she does need an author score of 75 to be picked up by Google, right, Wry?  Or am I wrong?

1. IzzyM profile image87
        IzzyMposted 6 years ago in reply to this

No she needs a hubscore of 75 or over for any links she may promote to become dofollow. Other than that, hubberscore has no effect.

I thought it was hubscore over 45, author score over 75.  Am I losing what's left of my marbles?

1. IzzyM profile image87

Nahh, its the mixed terminology here on HP. Hubscore as in individual hubs needs to be 45 (or is it 40?) and over and hubberscore/authorscore 75. Then again it only relates to outbound links being awarded nofollow or dofollow attributes.

Ah, ok.  So I have at least half a marble left.  Thanks, Izzy.

3. WryLilt profile image86
    WryLiltposted 6 years ago

Scores are only really a way of keeping spammers from getting free quality links back to their sites.

If you aren't promoting any sites, you don't need to worry. I've seen hubs in the 40s that are on Google.

Google doesn't even take notice of scores so there's nothing to worry about.

I know Google doesn't, but somehow I thought HP did, thereby affecting Google.

It was the outbound links vs. actual hub that had me puzzled.

1. IzzyM profile image87

No read Wrylilt's post again - If you aren't promoting any sites you don't need to worry.

It really only affects either spammers or those who put a blurb here for a quick backlink to their own site.

4. IzzyM profile image87
    IzzyMposted 6 years ago

Actually, while not knowing how it all works, the idea is brilliant in its simplicity.

5. mkbush profile image60
    mkbushposted 6 years ago

Wow- thanks for all of your comments- a little confusing still. I think I won't worry about the hubscore anymore.

I will keep reading more and learning more as I go.

Thanks for your support!

working