jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)

Google search sucks. An example

1. bgamall profile image83
    bgamallposted 6 years ago

I am trying to find the webpage where the author of "Luggage by Kroger" mentioned his sales on Itunes. But all I see at the top are the actual locations to buy the book! I know where to buy the book. And then the search degenerates. I know Google knows where the fricken website is but I am not seeing it.

Google is becoming as useless as teats on a boar, to coin an old Arkansas phrase.

1. habee profile image92
      habeeposted 6 years agoin reply to this

"Teats on a boar hog" - we say that in GA, too!

bgamallposted 6 years agoin reply to this

smile

2. Dame Scribe profile image61
    Dame Scribeposted 6 years ago

I use a different search engine altogether. I would get so frustrated not being able to find what I'm looking for lol tongue I quit too wink shhh, I won't tell big_smile

3. WryLilt profile image89
    WryLiltposted 6 years ago

I must agree that since Panda finding just a simple answer has become almost impossible.

Considering I had found the website and now can't find what should be a simple deal for Google, I am frustrated.

Another old Arkansas phrase is that they have enough money to burn a wet mule. Time they started spending some of it. smile

4. 2uesday profile image83
    2uesdayposted 6 years ago

Before Panda, the 'ways to refine your search' worked well for me in Google, now I find it more time consuming to search after a search for the information I want.

It use to be, that you found what you were looking for in the top results, now it takes more time to 'dig out' the info. I hope the next update by Google 'whenever' will be an improvement.

5. BRIAN SLATER profile image83
    BRIAN SLATERposted 6 years ago

Since Panda searching google has become a nightmare. I reckon it's going to take a year or so for it to settle down, hopefully in our favour. In the mean time Bing is working for me, so you could try that.

Yeah, Bing didn't do so well either as all I got were Kroger grocery stores!

These search engines are pathetic.

working