jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

Large angel-like "wing" Tattoo's

1. K9keystrokes profile image94
    K9keystrokesposted 6 years ago

Recently I have been seeing more body art fans with large wing tattoo's etched across their backs. I am curious as to the meaning? I can't think of the reason for this particular design. Do you know what wing tattoo's indicate?
    Thanks for the help!

2. BRIAN SLATER profile image84
    BRIAN SLATERposted 6 years ago

I can't imagine what would possess someone to have a tattoo like the one's your talking about. I think David Beckham has the large winged type your talking about on his back. Maybe people think with an angel on their shoulder they will be protected in some way.

K9keystrokesposted 6 years agoin reply to this

You have a good point, the mixed martial arts guys seem to be sporting the wing thing lately. Maybe they are following Beckham's lead? I have wondered if they are like a memorial thing for someone the person had lost. The tattoo's are beautiful I must say.

2. K9keystrokes profile image94

I thought about the guardian Angel thing also, makes good sense. A friend of mine said this is his take on the matter as well.
      Any Tattoo artists know the answer?

3. profile image55
    the oysisposted 6 years ago

Is it a conspiracy?

I have seen more and more people when out shopping and on Tv with Tattoo's.  Now, there is even a movie that is comming out on the topic.  So, what gives?  Is everyone going back to the era of "Elephant Man" the movie that made biker Cher a hit with College kids in the 90's?

Does anyone know the truth.

Pretty sure tattoo's have been around before Cher and that the conspiracy concept is unlikely. But, who knows; big wings do shout suspicion! Just kidding TO.
      I have tattoo's myself and each holds a meaning for me. Many people have body art done in memory of someone they love, an emblem for a favorite interest, the name of a lover, and I have one of a tiger because it is the main character representing one of my martial art styles. So possibly the wing thing has something significant in meaning, is my point.

working