I earned 8 cents in one day.. is that good?

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)
  1. R.S. Hutchinson profile image71
    R.S. Hutchinsonposted 12 years ago

So as the title reads, I joined 2 days ago and checked my account just now and earned 8 cents via HP (woot woot!) At this rate I'll be up to about $30 in a year ha ha.. jk.. I suspect it will go up by then..

My question really is do I get paid if other hubbers go to my page because right now with the exception of a few friends I don't really see who would be looking at my page or where they came from.. is there a way to find out?

Thanks

I remeber the days when I could at least get some bubblegum with 8 cents (and have change left over!) ha ha!

2. wilderness profile image95
    wildernessposted 12 years ago

You can find out where visitors are from by signing up for google analytics.  It's great, particularly for newbies, and has a world map that gets colored in as visitors from other countries read your stuff. 

If you earned 8 cents in the first two days you are way ahead of the curve.  Almost certainly luck, but still far better than most noobs. (I earned 2 cents my first month).

R.S. Hutchinsonposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Oh wow.. I laughed at .08 -thanks for sharing.. how do I sign up for google anylytics?

1. wilderness profile image95
        wildernessposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Seems like I did it through adsense, but:

go to "my account" (here on hp), "earnings",  "affiliate settings". Scroll down to "google analytics" and click the "configure" button.  It will, I think, walk you through it.

R.S. Hutchinsonposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Awesome ok I see it.. and I dont have it set up yet.. do I have to do it for each hub or will google take all hubs into consideration? In other words,( if understand this correctly) if someone searches on google for "love poem" and they click on the corresponding hub page that came up in the search and they are immediately directed to my hub page (and not my profile page) does it still count as a way to earn money?

3. melbel profile image94
    melbelposted 12 years ago

That's a pretty good amount given that your content probably isn't in Google search yet.

I'll give you a huge hint to getting some nice earnings, check out the learning center. You'll learn about some really cool ways to write your hubs in such a way that they attract visits! It's some really small stuff too, like great ways to title a hub. It's also some big stuff, but the important thing is that you enjoy your time here at HubPages.

(Plus, you'll figure out WHY people visit your stuff. Hint: search engines. Want to find out how to become more popular in the search engines? You'll find out in the Learning Center.)

But, seriously, check out the Learning Center, you'd be surprised the plethora of information there. I seriously learn a bit of information every time I go there:
    http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/contents

1. Jaysmine profile image61
      Jaysmineposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I want to earn money with hubpages...I'm signed up for almost all the affiliates now, and not a cent.....I just created a new hub to test a theory out but, I think I'm gonna need to learn some new things/revamp old hubs......... I'll have to check out the learning center.

4. Richieb799 profile image75
    Richieb799posted 12 years ago

My earnings are down this month, I used to make the Adsense payout every month but I can see I'm probably gonna just miss it this month. Made it last month so I don't know why its down this month. Wish I could go back to making twice as much like last year!

5. R.S. Hutchinson profile image71
    R.S. Hutchinsonposted 12 years ago

In my 9th day I'm up to 20 cents... I'm not sure what I might be doing that is different than others but I have a few ideas. If the money keeps going up I will write a hub explaining what all I did to get the earnings coming in. At this point, I'm still just convinced it's a bit of beginner's luck. Time will tell. But from what I am reading 10 days active with a score of 80+ and only 4 hubs posted and having earned 20 cents seems to be "out of the norm".

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)