jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (15 posts)

no traffic

1. javaoverride profile image61
    javaoverrideposted 6 years ago

All my hubs are now getting no views, I have used a ranking tool, to see where they are in google and it says there not ranking, I have done some back linking.

Should I remove my pages when they stop getting views and put them on my website?

I only ask as I read that, Hubs that dont get views are bad for Hubpages.

2. seanorjohn profile image82
    seanorjohnposted 6 years ago

Are you sure you are getting no views? Your profile shows over 1000 views in the three weeks you have been a member. If you were to carry on at this rate you will have over 50,000 views in a year.

javaoverrideposted 6 years agoin reply to this

yes zero views for 2 days now and i was getting really good daily page views then it all just stopped.

3. seanorjohn profile image82
    seanorjohnposted 6 years ago

Were they mostly views from other hubbers? How many were google viewers? It is google views and clicks that bring you money.

0 from Google about 65% of visits are/where from Hubpages the rest were from forum post that I made about topics relative to my hubs and back linked.

Money wise googles Estimated earnings £23 and HubPages Ad Program Earnings: $2.41 so far this month but as my views have stopped I expect my Google estimated earnings to drop dramatically.

4. Fotographer profile image59
    Fotographerposted 6 years ago

Be patient... Hubs take some time to get ranked in Google. I would suggest you to analyze the situation after 2-3 months and then make a decision.

5. PaulGoodman67 profile image97
    PaulGoodman67posted 6 years ago

I've had a strange week for traffic.  But then the 4th of July holiday made the previous week an unreliable gauge.

Like Foto says, you've only been here 3 weeks, Java!  When you first post, you get lots of views from hubbers, that falls away quickly.  The Google traffic will gradually build over weeks and months, if you've done all the SEO with keywords etc. correctly and other fundamentals are in place.

Having said all that, HP is definitely going through an extended "rough patch"...

1. PaulaHenry1 profile image79
      PaulaHenry1posted 6 years agoin reply to this

"rough patch" is an understatement...I have been drowning for the last 2 months and feel the last of my air floating to the top quickly.

Do you still make good money, or has that been rought too?

1. PaulGoodman67 profile image97
          PaulGoodman67posted 6 years agoin reply to this

Yes, "rough patch" was an understatement.  ;-)

Although, you probably wouldn't have got a great deal of views with a dozen hubs after three weeks, even in the golden age, anyway.

It takes time and energy to build views and earnings.  But whether it is worth it, in the current climate, is a personal decision. 

I personally don't believe that there is a website of this specific type that you will earn better with, though others will probably disagree. 

The best advice I got was build your own sites and that's what I've been working on, and ocassionally writing a hub when it didn't fit with any site.  Or using a hub to build backlinks.

2. PaulaHenry1 profile image79
          PaulaHenry1posted 6 years agoin reply to this

$? What is that? I have been getting a few cents here and there, but NOTHING compared to what I was. Amazon is now non-existant and google is a has-been......sad

I think ill wait a month keep writing hubs and if things dont pick up, i'll move all my stuff to my sites blog section. thanks for the info smile

Hub views are going back up now, almost all my hubs have above 5 views and one is well past 100 views.

There is now a big smile back on my face I’ve done absolutely loads of back links redone my keywords and resubmitted to search engines. So the new plan is to try and do 15 hubs a month, and spend the rest of the time linking and doing SEO.

1. Garrett Mickley profile image81
                Garrett Mickleyposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Good to hear you bounced back.  Let us know if your 15 hub a month/SEO plan works.

6. rex michaels profile image71
    rex michaelsposted 6 years ago

Hello Everyone, Two days here and counting just getting a feel for the place. I see some great questions and answers here.
    Thanks to everyone

working