jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (16 posts)

When will the Google Panda updates end?

1. Uzdawi profile image73
    Uzdawiposted 6 years ago

Since April, Google has updated it algo each month. At the beginning of may Google Panda 2.1, at the end of June, Google unrolled Panda 2.2, in July Panda 2.3. Will Google start start unrolling these updates on a monthly basis?

2. Richieb799 profile image75
    Richieb799posted 6 years ago

I hope not, theres only so much they can do and it seems nothing is working so far to prevent spam, it just seems to affect good websites like HP.

1. Will Apse profile image92
      Will Apseposted 6 years agoin reply to this

It has shifted huge amounts of income to traditional news media- apparently.

So if you like quality newspapers, they may have a future.

2. Uzdawi profile image73
      Uzdawiposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Sadly Google sees HP as a content farm, although it is filled with valueable info.

3. paradigmsearch profile image93
    paradigmsearchposted 6 years ago

Google updates will keep happening forever. Just like the HP updates will. smile

4. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image98
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 6 years ago

Why would Google ever stop updating it's search engine?  That would be stupid of them, and they aren't stupid, so logically. . . . .

Of course, that would be stupid. However, Google Panda may be (very unlikely though) a rolling update now.

1. Marisa Wright profile image97
        Marisa Wrightposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Why do you say it's unlikely?

I remember when the Panda update 2.3 took place, few weeks ago, many claimed that Google has set Panda to roam free on it's own. However, that rumor was refuted by Google.

What Google said was that it didn't run constantly, however they also said it IS something they will run from time to time.

5. Kangaroo_Jase profile image82
    Kangaroo_Jaseposted 6 years ago

Google changes its algorithms daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and as often as they deem required. They will produce hundreds if not a couple of thousand updates each year, including Panda.

Don't get caught up too much in the updates simply because there is so much news about Panda. It will affect us from time to time, and other times it will not.

1. kmackey32 profile image64
      kmackey32posted 6 years agoin reply to this

Yea seems to me Googles traffic has been up and down for awhile and will continue forever...lol

1. Kangaroo_Jase profile image82
        Kangaroo_Jaseposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Just what life shows us, .... it's ups and downs smile

6. Richieb799 profile image75
    Richieb799posted 6 years ago

Hubpages is definitely on the rise, I just checked Quantcast, ranking is now 111, whereas it was 113 last week. Traffic is definitely climbing. I have seen numerous hubs taking high spots on Google front page for top keywords

1. viryabo profile image88
      viryaboposted 6 years ago

So, frankly, there'll never be an end to Panda(s). Oh Boy!!

That's right, it's here to stay.

working