jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (10 posts)

HubPages impressions & Adsense Impressions

1. David 470 profile image87
    David 470posted 6 years ago

Are the impressions on the Hubpages ad program separate from Google adsense impressions?

Because my HP ad program impressions and adsense impressions have different numbers. If add them up, they equal the amount of total views in the last 24 hours on the Hub statistics.

1. Marisa Wright profile image93
      Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Yes.

David 470posted 6 years ago in reply to this

+1 Thank you. I was in fear that the views were glitching.

2. psycheskinner profile image80
        psycheskinnerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

How does that work when hub ads and adsense ads are presented simultaneously on the hub.  So a view to on should mean a view to the other?

1. wilderness profile image96
          wildernessposted 6 years ago in reply to this

There is no guarantee that each and every hub will have HPads every time it is viewed.  I understand that every hub will still have at least one adsense ad, but the reverse is not necessarily true.

2. wilderness profile image96
    wildernessposted 6 years ago

As Marissa says, they are different.  The fact that the sum = total views is merely coincidence, though.

Both figures are taken after HP's 40% share is deducted and will usually be similar in size (although not equal by any means) and this is what makes the sum equal the total views.

Wait, how is it a coincidence when I am checking the stats at the bottom? Sometimes HP ads appear, sometimes it is adsense, HP counts both does it not?

Yes, HP stats include both in that both are views.

Say you have 1000 views with adsense ads showing up on every view and HPads showing on 1/2 of them.  HP stats should show 1000 views, adsense should show 600 views (60% of 1000) and HPads showing 300 (60% of 1000/2). 

The sum is 900, or near 1000, but with just a few more HPads showing up they could well equal 1000.  The sum could also go as high as 1200 if HPads were on every hub or as low as 600 if google outbid them on each hub.

You also have the problem when comparing that HP stats is a rolling figure for 24 hours while the other two are on a calendar basis.  Only if you check them at midnight Pacific Time. are they truly comparable.

I do not entirely understand the HP ad program, but I know it is a lot more consistent than my adsense account. My adsense account might be able to make payment every month if my HP ad program really hits it off, but I don't know.

When Christmas comes, adsense clicks are much better, but I doubt there will be an increase in income for HP ad program because it is consistent in my experience.

Of course, more views help the ad program, but it does not have those spikes like Google Adsense does.

You're right - no spikes.  At least until a couple days ago. big_smile

working