jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (10 posts)

Think it's safe to breathe now??

1. habee profile image90
    habeeposted 6 years ago

Okay, this is my fourth staight day of great traffic and increased earnings. Think we can breathe now?? Would a "glitch" last this long?

1. kmackey32 profile image80
      kmackey32posted 6 years agoin reply to this

I think we can breathe. lol

2. JEDIJESSICUH profile image86
      JEDIJESSICUHposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I say keep holding it until you turn blue. Better to breathe too late than too early.

1. habee profile image90
        habeeposted 6 years agoin reply to this

LOL! Blue? Heck, I'm a deep shade of indigo!!

1. JEDIJESSICUH profile image86
          JEDIJESSICUHposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I embrace all colors of the rainbow.

3. paradigmsearch profile image86
      paradigmsearchposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Whatever this week turns out to be, all else being equal, next week should be 20% (?) more. And the week after that 40% (?) more. And the week after that 60% (?) more. No compounding though.

It could happen. smile.

1. kmackey32 profile image80
        kmackey32posted 6 years agoin reply to this

wonderful, lets hope....smile

2. wilderness profile image94
        wildernessposted 6 years agoin reply to this

And you may be right.  Already today (at 6:30 PM PST) the 24 hour traffic stat is higher than it ever was last week.  Adsense and analytics hasn't caught up yet to their highs, but I'd bet they both will.

2. leahlefler profile image98
    leahleflerposted 6 years ago

I'm starting to believe that this might stick. My earnings are WAY up - doing a little happy dance (but still a little worried that it might all disappear in the morning)!

3. Fiction Teller profile image60
    Fiction Tellerposted 6 years ago

Y'all can breathe...wish I could. It just feels weird. I've seen too many surges go on for weeks and then...swoop! One happened with one of my blogs. Nineteen days of glory after a slow build-up, then suddenly a rankings fallback.

We might be stable, I guess, sort of.  Maybe.  Hmm.  Really wish I could get complacent about this.  I like stability.  Stability's my friend.

But I'm thinking Google's been too volatile since Caffeine and will be even more so from here on out. They usually make a policy of not making major changes to the algo right before the winter holidays, but I'm not betting on it this year.

At the same time, it is pretty interesting that Paul said the surge started basically to the hour six months after the first Panda. And we're not the only site that happened to, either. Very odd, if Panda's not a penalty.

Makes me wonder whether the plunger accounts are on their own timeclock and will revive all at the same time...

working