I'm setting up my first hub and including the Amazon capsule. I find when I enter an ISBN number as the line shows you are supposed to, it does not include my associate i.d. when it clicks back to Amazon. Amazon gives us code to use but I can't find a place in the hubpage to put it. What am I doing wrong?
Sign into your Amazon account before you select the specific products, then copy the link address which should have your Amazon id, but you need to remember that 40 % of the time Hubpages id will be displayed. You can recheck after a couple of hours to ensure that your id is shown.
Thanks for the reply. I do understand how to sign in to Amazon and copy the link code given. What I can't find is a place on my hub page to put it. The Amazon Capsule gives a space for an ISBN number not several lines of code. Appreciate if you can clear this up for me.
Click on the Amazon capsule, select the option that says specific products ( not keywords).. and paste the links.. it works.. I can assure you of that The pasted link magically turns into ISBN number on its own.. don't worry .. Best wishes to you and welcome to Hubpages
It is unnecessary to put in any code. Just use the ISBM number (or the URL of the particular product) and HP takes care of the rest.
Don't forget that when you click a link yourself it could well be assigned to HP and not to you. This is a random process, but it would be quite possible that clicking a link 10 times could end up having HP's code 10 times. Unusual, but possible.
The only way you will really know if it is working is to put the capsule in place, just as you are doing, and wait. Somewhere around 1-5% of the total traffic clicking through seems to be a good figure to shoot for. That means that if that hub gets 1000 views you might see 10 clicks. They won't all buy, but you should see some clicks.
Did you paste your associates ID into your Affiliate Settings page in My Account?
If so, your ID will automatically be displayed 60% of the time on the capsule when the hub is published. (HubPages will get the other 40%.) Neither ID will appear in the box where you paste in the ISBN, and if you try to put yours in, HubPages will automatically strip it out. As wilderness said, all you need is the ISBN or link to the product, and Hubpages will automatically take care of the rest.
Thanks to everyone who replied. I'm starting to understand it better now.
by Catherine Giordano4 weeks ago
I understand the rationale for removing amazon capsules. I'm very careful not to include amazon capsules unless they are 100% relevant, and I can provide a personal opinion. I rarely do more than one per hub.HP is not...
by Marina3 years ago
As part of the Squidoo asset purchase, we're excited to incorporate some of the best-performing practices from Squidoo into HubPages. They've always had us beat in Amazon sales, and we're pleased to announce that we're...
by PennyCarey5 years ago
Hi, I'm new to hubpages and am trying to insert an amazon capsule. Nothing seems to be happening when I insert the url, keyword or ASIN. I try to preview it and nothing happens. I tried saving it and...
by Marisa Wright3 years ago
Janderson just submitted some great suggestions on this thread:http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/126313#post2666393and I think this one deserves a suggestion post on its own.We're always being told to be discriminating...
by Audrey Selig7 years ago
I am confused about putting a product on my hub. I can do the product, but if I try to imbed the description, it is HTML. I cannot find an answer at Amazon or in the FAQ here. I am a new associate. Thanks.
by Gemini Fox2 years ago
Had never done a “sales” hub before so decided to try. Have tweaked and tweaked this hub but it still keeps on being not featured due to quality. Getting a little T’d . . . http://geminifox.hubpages.com/hub/Green...
Copyright © 2017 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.
Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners.
HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc.
HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.