I am not making any money with my adsense,,can anybody help

Jump to Last Post 1-13 of 13 discussions (28 posts)
  1. profile image48
    mytime02324posted 16 years ago

i need help on how i can begin making money from my google adsense ,,you cant believe it i have not been having any clicks since i have started it
    any advise?

1. Maddie Ruud profile image69
      Maddie Ruudposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Well, you only have 1 published hub now, and it has only had 32 views, all from HubPages (and many of those, I suspect, because of people checking it out to try to help you in response to this thread).  HubPages users do not usually click on ads.  It is the outside traffic, especially from search engines, that monetize.

2. Reealjrd profile image59
      Reealjrdposted 15 years agoin reply to this

What is google adsense i am hearing it for the first time.

2. WHoArtNow profile image70
    WHoArtNowposted 16 years ago

How long have you had your Adsense on for?

These things take time, they also require a fair amount of page impressions, with only 2 hubs I doubt you'll make much, a couple of dollars maybe.

To give you an example, I have 19 hubs, 6 months in and I've just gone past $8 on my adsense. Unless your getting a lot of traffic and some very good hubs, you won't make much. Work hard, be creative and draw traffic to your hubs and you'll make some decent money.

3. WHoArtNow profile image70

Ok, just checked your hubs, the reason you have no clicks is down entirly to your hubs being blank! You have a title and nothing else, that means adsense has nothing to search through, therefore, you have no adsense ads! Hence, no clicks!

1. thranax profile image69
      thranaxposted 16 years agoin reply to this

LMAO ROFL LOL!

~thranax~

I LEGIT LAUGHED AT MY COMPUTER CHAIR ALMOST FALLING OFF IT.

4. Janet21 profile image77
    Janet21posted 16 years ago

That is too funny.  His hubs are completely blank!

5. WHoArtNow profile image70

Incredible isn't it? All I can say is I'm glad I'd just swallowed my coffee when I opened his first hub or I'd have been needing a new laptop!

6. profile image48
    Donna18posted 15 years ago

In adsense what is most required is traffic unless or until you get bulk of traffic it is not hard rather impossible to make money. what you can do is just participate in social site and present your site before millions of users. It is time consuming but through this you can attract users from all around the world which will automatically increase your value.

7. thistlers21 profile image60
    thistlers21posted 15 years ago

can you guys please check out my hub and tell me what am i doing wrong and areas of improvement? i'm relatively new with this. thanks.

1. WHoArtNow profile image70
      WHoArtNowposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Hi thistlers21, if you want some feedback and advice on your hubs, start a thread in the hub make overs section, that way you'll get loads of advice from the regulars, I did and I've seen a huge increase in my hub scores, traffic and adsense as a result.

8. charlemont profile image75
    charlemontposted 15 years ago

Funny thing is that mytime's blog at blogspot contains a post "how to jumpstart adsense earnings".

9. jimmythejock profile image82
    jimmythejockposted 15 years ago

Now that you have an actual article mytime02324, may I just say that you will not last long at hubpages if you copy other peoples work nevermind make any money your hubscore will drop and if you continue to copy other peoples work you will be removed from hubpages, EZINE ARTICLES ARE NOT YOURS TO DO WHAT YOU WANT WITH.....JIMMY

http://ezinearticles.com/?Dog-Training- … id=1569566

1. anne.moss profile image60
      anne.mossposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Isn't it against the Hub Pages TOS? Is there a way to report such a page?

Yeah it is, its also against the DMCA (Digital Millennium Copyright Act),if the original author found it they could ask for it to be removed.

10. rancidTaste profile image64
    rancidTasteposted 15 years ago

I read all the mails of this thread. I am a new hubber. I published only 3 hubs. I wrote all of them to my own. So, if anybody copy my writings:

How can i protect it?
    Is there any way to protect this?
    Is there any way to find who is copying my materials?

Thanks
    rancidTaste

There isn't really anyway to protect it (not that I know of anyway)
      If you want to find out if someone is copying you, google a section of your hub and if more than hub pages comes up, you have been copied!

Oh, and btw, question 1 and 2 are the same question!

11. charlemont profile image75
    charlemontposted 15 years ago

OK, I'm sharing my secret, strictly guarded magic formula of adsense earnings.
    For every 500 Google-driven visitors, there's an estimate of $10 netted. Well, probably $15, but I feel it easier to count round figures big_smile Never been too good at maths big_smile
    So aim to get those 500 googlers/day, and you're at $300/month doing nothing.
    Can I sell this formula for $97 per copy? tongue

FOFL!! I'd recommend changing the $300 to $3000 and put your price up to $197, now make a splash page and start spamming!!

1. charlemont profile image75
        charlemontposted 15 years agoin reply to this

And I'll pay you 75% commissions on every customer referred big_smile

12. privateye2500 profile image37
    privateye2500posted 15 years ago

The truth of the matter with adsense is that noone really makes a lot of money with it.

I mean unless you have a million or so unique  visitors a day - OR an incredibly massive pay-out on a strange keyword, it is never going to add up to much.

That is just the simple truth.

<no signatures please>

1. Lissie profile image76
      Lissieposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Actually people do make a very good living but they are few and far between and aren't doing it via hubpages!  Adsense is hard to get right but if you can get a click thruogh rate of 30/40% @ $25 a click you can make good money - unfortunately I haven't managed it yet: but yes it does happen - just not my accident

2. profile image0
      terrygposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I beg to differ.. that's not entirely true. I would replace no-one with most.

13. profile image0
    TOM SAN JOSEposted 15 years ago

I'm there myself -  made $.0.23. in October, on several hubs.- Also would like somebody's help and advise.

1. dingdong profile image58
      dingdongposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Just do a simple forum search, you can find quite a few similar threads smile

2. Whitney05 profile image82
      Whitney05posted 15 years agoin reply to this

You've only been here for 4 weeks. Keep writing. It takes some people as long as 10 months to get their first payout. Writing evergreen, with multiple capsules and engaging content, you'll get there in no time. Also consider major promotion (not spamming but promotion).

3. Maddie Ruud profile image69
      Maddie Ruudposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I also think that the all-caps titles and hubs in all Heading 3 font (often without paragraph breaks) turn people off.  You might consider adding some photo and/or video capsules and playing around with layout a little to make your pages look more attractive.

4. charlemont profile image75
      charlemontposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I've looked at one of your hubs, Running of The Bulls.
      Here my notes.
      1. All text is in bold - tought on eyes.
      2. I'd split the hub into two capsules with a photo between them. To make it easier to read.
      3. There should be some keyword the text is written about. You may google for "keyword density tool" at check the URL of your hub against it to see what are main (most frequent) keywords of the hub.
      Remember that adsense shows ads relevant to your keywords. If it cannot get the idea of your hub, it will show irrelevant ads. No relevancy=no clicks=no money. Well, you may get occasional clicks still.
      4. A bit of promotion. There's plenty of advice here.
      For example, this particular thread helped me:
      http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/8478#post90844
      Pay attention to Inspirepub advice - it's concise but VERY cool. I found there several resources that never heard about.
      In my exeprience promotion takes way more time than to simply write a hub, but for me that's the only way to get the balls rolling.
      Just writing a hub and leaving it there is not enough.
      My 2c wink

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)