jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

First Hub

1. Watcher07 profile image60
    Watcher07posted 5 years ago

Well I managed to get my first Hub up last night.  Sadly it would appear I was working so hard on getting the thoughts in my head onto the screen that I clearly disregarded grammar, conveying simple statements and even spell check.  Fortunately learning from my mistakes is a pretty decent trait, so I rewrote and reformatted the bulk of it and am fairly proud of my first Hub.  Its about half of what the original one was, but the content the original contained should really be broken down into two hubs anyway, so now the process of writing and consolidating my next Hub is in progress.  Anyway, I'm simply glad to be a part of this community and am eager to start sharing some of my experience and skills.  Thanks for having me.

2. Cagsil profile image60
    Cagsilposted 5 years ago

Welcome to Hubpages! smile

I recommend that you read the FAQ's page and visit the Learning Center.

http://hubpages.com/faq/
    http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/contents

Just to let you know, for future use- the Extreme Hub Makeover Forum thread is for critiquing/reviewing of hubs. Do not start another thread in that forum, simply because I said something about it. I have reported this thread to staff(Hubpages Team) and they will move it.

Watcher07posted 5 years ago in reply to this

hmm....not sure how it ended up in the extreme hub makeover forum, I haven't been to that forum before.  Maybe when creating it it put me there?  I'll keep a closer eye on where it puts it, I thought I had created it in the tutorial and community as I saw multiple threads with the same content.  Anyway, thank you for the assistance.

3. Cagsil profile image60
    Cagsilposted 5 years ago

I checked out your hub. It seems to be of good length. I do suggest you put more pictures and maybe a couple of Amazon links(if you're affiliate).

Watcher07posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for the feedback, still figuring out the whole process and thought the ads were self generating, will work on adding some amazon ones.

4. Marye Audet profile image90
    Marye Audetposted 5 years ago

Never use an image at the top of an article. It is best added to the side of your first or second textbox. I find that an image to the right of my second text box, and arranging the page like : test, text/image, text, text/amazon, text works best for me... but that may just be my experience and others may do well with other formulas.
    In any case, the image at the top is not a good idea. It interferes with indexing and many readers hit a page and skim the first two lines of an article...if they just see the image they are likely to click off

5. Watcher07 profile image60
    Watcher07posted 5 years ago

Thank you, only had the one text box and didn't think to do multiple and organize categories in that manner.  I have a new baby and been trying to go through some of the hints and tips but she doesn't leave me much time which makes constructive criticism incredibly valuable for me as I sort through the process.  Again, thank you for the time and tips.

working