jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (9 posts)

Duplicate

1. Gloshei profile image61
    Glosheiposted 5 years ago

I have posted a hub and was told that it was duplicate and to re-write. which I did, posted it again and I am being told that it is still duplicate.
    This is a hub for a recipe so you can't help duplicating the ingredients anyway.
    Has anyone had this before and what else can I do to post it?
    Your replies will be valuable to me thanks.
    Gloshei

2. QuestionMaster profile image88
    QuestionMasterposted 5 years ago

Firstly, have you posted it on any other site? A Facebook group, your own blog or another writing site? Even if it's your content, duplicate means a copy of something that is somewhere else online.

If you haven't posted it elsewhere and it is your original content, try doubling the recipe, putting the ingredients in a different order, rewriting the instructions for the cooking method, and also adding some more original content by writing an introduction - something about how you discovered or created the recipe, changes that can be made or what situations it's good for.

3. Uninvited Writer profile image82
    Uninvited Writerposted 5 years ago

I looked at another recipe hub of yours. You should have an introduction rather than just putting up the recipe. Otherwise it's also in danger of being flagged for being too short.

4. psycheskinner profile image80
    psycheskinnerposted 5 years ago

Like any writing, recipes are copyrighted to the author. So, unless you wrote or substantially changed it....

1. QuestionMaster profile image88
      QuestionMasterposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I believe that the method is copyright to the author, but the ingredient list is not. So with substantial changes to the method, it's fine to repost the same recipe.

Recipes are a bit of a grey area.

2. Gloshei profile image61
      Glosheiposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thanks psycheskinner,
      I know where you are coming from but with a recipe I really thought it would be more straight forward, (silly me) but thanks I appreciate it and now realise more than I did before.

5. psycheskinner profile image80
    psycheskinnerposted 5 years ago

The ingredient list is not because you can't copyright a list, which is something of a technicality. Unless it is a century old traditional recipe it is someone else's work.  If it is an old recipe then type the list in a different order and replace a few words with synonyms.

6. Gloshei profile image61

High Questionmaster,
    Thanks for your reply, I hadn't posted it elsewhere but you are right I must change it around.
    Thanks for coming back to me its a great help.

7. Gloshei profile image61

Hi Uninvitedwriter (good name)
    Thanks for that i must admit I never thought of putting an introduction to it.
    I will edit my others as well.
    Thanks again for your comment appreciated.
    Gloshei

working