Grrr is hubpages stupid?

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (15 posts)
  1. visitmaniac profile image60
    visitmaniacposted 12 years ago

Hubpages allows you to add your RSS feed at the bottom of some of your hubs? So I did this about a year ago and they are now being flagged for to many links from the RSS feed. WTH gives now!

1. relache profile image73
      relacheposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Google decided to come down hard on duplicated content, so HubPages has followed suit.  This has been going on since February, so if you haven't been paying attention, it's no one's responsibility but your own.

2. psycheskinner profile image82
    psycheskinnerposted 12 years ago

The search algorithms change, so the rules change.

visitmaniacposted 12 years agoin reply to this

makes it a real pain in the butt to go back in and edit them all for that. They should be allowed since they are from a year or more ago if you ask me. Pretty much the reason i stopped using these content places in the first place looks like im done again

3. psycheskinner profile image82
    psycheskinnerposted 12 years ago

The larger percent of hubs not meet the new rules, the lower hubpages page rank sinks.  Online content is a moving target.

visitmaniacposted 12 years agoin reply to this

yes I know that but i dont change my own blog posts from years ago because of new search engine stuff. I can understand the new ones.

1. psycheskinner profile image82
        psycheskinnerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Blog posts don't have an rss feed on the bottom of each post.  You can effectively change them all by changing the template.

4. mistyhorizon2003 profile image88
    mistyhorizon2003posted 12 years ago

You can't use RSS feeds to your content unless it is relevant to the topic of the hub it is on. This means it is no longer allowed to place RSS feeds to your own 'latest Hubs'. Annoying I know as I spent ages deleting all of mine a few months back.

1. wilderness profile image94
      wildernessposted 12 years agoin reply to this

You can, but as you say they have to be relevant.  You can use tags to accomplish that.

2. Eaglekiwi profile image75
      Eaglekiwiposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Oops forgot that bit-back I go.

Oh no I hit the publish now ..

Tippy toes out for a sandwich wink

5. Mighty Mom profile image77
    Mighty Momposted 12 years ago

Two ways to deal with it.
    Either take a hard line and refuse to update on principle, or
    bite the bullet and be grateful that Hub Pages is on top of all the algo changes for us.

BTW, I'm currently going through all my hubs fixing the "broken" links created through the Hub Karma program. I'm not complaining. It's actually a good opportunity to back and read stuff I wrote months and months ago! smile

6. Topnewhottoys profile image61
    Topnewhottoysposted 12 years ago

isn't the possibility of "bad sites" popping up in RSS feeds part of the problem now that HP has cracked down on external link destinations?

7. SubmissionWork profile image39
    SubmissionWorkposted 12 years ago

Hubpages penalised by the Google as content farm recently and now hubpages simply wants to gain their authority again.

So this kind of steps are obvious.

8. Maddie Ruud profile image71
    Maddie Ruudposted 12 years ago

Actually, the Hubs were not removed for too many links, but for links to a prohibited site.  It may have simply taken a while for the domain to come to our attention.

1. Topnewhottoys profile image61
      Topnewhottoysposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Yes that's why I removed all my RSS feeds, (in my alter-ego account), because RSS feeds are dynamic, and although you may start off with acceptable links, when the feed updates and shows a prohibited link - bam! You get unpublished.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)